My doctor told me to quit tirzepitide 2 weeks ahead of my operation. This is really rough! My hunger came roaring back. On top of that, I've put on 3 pounds.
I keep trying to hold out, but it's tough. I can't wait until I'm able to start it up again. I've thought about injecting just half of my dose. Once the surgery is done, I'm absolutely going back on it. I'll get my husband to prepare the shot and deliver it to the hospital for me.
Edited to add
Really it's been 3+ weeks now, since I chose to stop on my own so my body could rest. My plan was to resume last week. At that point my surgery hadn't been booked, since the surgeon already had a lot of operations lined up. I was told it would be roughly a month. Then they phoned and offered me the 11th, because a cancellation had opened up. Of course I said yes right away, since I just wanted it finished.
Edited to add
Really it's been 3+ weeks now, since I chose to stop on my own so my body could rest. My plan was to resume last week. At that point my surgery hadn't been booked, since the surgeon already had a lot of operations lined up. I was told it would be roughly a month. Then they phoned and offered me the 11th, because a cancellation had opened up. Of course I said yes right away, since I just wanted it finished.