Still torn over what to stack next….

cloratheshadow

Explorer
Joined
Mar 22, 2026
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I’m on Tirzepatide, and because I’m careful about adding anything, I haven’t taken the plunge yet.

Since my appetite suppression isn’t steady, Cagri has my attention. I’m equally drawn to pairing Tirz with just a little Reta to get the glucagon receptor support.

Putting all 3 together right away is off the table for me. Which one makes sense to try first? I keep going back and forth….

If you’ve run either of these combos, which one worked better for you?
 
I don’t want to stop Tirz either. It’s worked amazingly for my appetite, and I have no plans to replace it entirely with Reta.
 
I picked Cagri for that exact reason - my plan is to keep using Tirz and possibly give Reta a shot once I've settled into maintenance for some time. Cagri has been excellent in my case - it went in a month and a half back, and since that point I've dropped 12 lbs. My routine is 6 mg Tirz on Tuesdays plus 700mcg Cagri on Saturdays.
 
Mayostardayonnaise said:

I picked Cagri for that exact reason - my plan is to keep using Tirz and possibly give Reta a shot once I've settled into maintenance for some time. Cagri has been excellent in my case - it went in a month and a half back, and since that point I've dropped 12 lbs. My routine is 6 mg Tirz on Tuesdays plus 700mcg Cagri on Saturdays.
Does Cagri get taken just 1 time per week? Once you've had it, what changes do you pick up on? Is the appetite reduction comparable, or does it come across differently?
 
Not a doctor here, so treat what I say the same way you'd treat advice from any stranger online. Rather than bumping up my Tirz dose, I decided to bring reta into the mix, and I space it out a few days from Tirz (Tirz gets injected Friday mornings, reta on Monday nights).

I began reta at a small 0.5mg dose, kept that going for around 2 weeks with nothing negative showing up, moved to 1mg and still nothing, gave it another couple of weeks, and this week I've just gone up to 1.5.

I'm aware reta on its own isn't a powerhouse for killing appetite, but the two together have done the job nicely. The scale hasn't moved yet, though a plateau was exactly the reason I added reta in the first place. My tirz sits at 7.5mg, and because I'd gotten curious about reta while the food noise was creeping back, I figured this approach gives me a bit of each without going overboard on GLP1, so I eased into reta carefully, and placing it between my tirz doses stops the food noise from coming back as the tirz fades.

Appetite is still there, it's just the food noise that's gone, and honestly it feels great to actually enjoy eating (on sema I didn't even want to eat), I simply don't fixate on food and have no urge for seconds 🙂
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

Not a doctor here, so treat what I say the same way you'd treat advice from any stranger online. Rather than bumping up my Tirz dose, I decided to bring reta into the mix, and I space it out a few days from Tirz (Tirz gets injected Friday mornings, reta on Monday nights).

I began reta at a small 0.5mg dose, kept that going for around 2 weeks with nothing negative showing up, moved to 1mg and still nothing, gave it another couple of weeks, and this week I've just gone up to 1.5.

I'm aware reta on its own isn't a powerhouse for killing appetite, but the two together have done the job nicely. The scale hasn't moved yet, though a plateau was exactly the reason I added reta in the first place. My tirz sits at 7.5mg, and because I'd gotten curious about reta while the food noise was creeping back, I figured this approach gives me a bit of each without going overboard on GLP1, so I eased into reta carefully, and placing it between my tirz doses stops the food noise from coming back as the tirz fades.

Appetite is still there, it's just the food noise that's gone, and honestly it feels great to actually enjoy eating (on sema I didn't even want to eat), I simply don't fixate on food and have no urge for seconds 🙂
When you took .5 Reta, what was your experience? Did you notice anything?
 
When you say the suppression fades, is it tapering off ahead of your following injection, or is the pattern different from that?

Should titration be available to you, moving up a step might buy you time while you figure out which compound to introduce. Splitting the dose is another route, or you could simply move your injections closer together, to every 5 or 6 days (which would also raise your total weekly dose).

Reta, cagri, and survo are all untested by me, since I'm a weenie, so I've got nothing to share on that front. What I did do was tighten my schedule to 6 days, and that carried me along until the day I finally bite the bullet.
 
I've done 4 weeks at 2.5mg of Tirz, and I was curious about combining Tirz with Reta too. Just on that Tirz amount by itself, my experience lined up with what you're describing. The suppression of food noise showed up, though it wasn't steady.

During week 4, I put 1mg of Reta in 3 days after my weekly Tirz shot. Once the day after that Reta dose arrived, the appetite suppression hit hard!

A plain physical sense of hunger is still present, meaning I know I need to eat, yet the usual mental food chatter isn't there. The real difference shows up when I actually sit down to eat. I genuinely need to slow way down and pace myself. A few bites are enough to make me feel full, and after that I'm just eating to meet my nutrition needs. Next week I might reduce the Reta to 0.5mg. I'll decide once I see how the remaining days go.

On top of that, I'm noticing more energy and sharper thinking, with less brain fog. Honestly, it seems like a trade-off that's worth it.
 
myopicmystic said:

When you say the suppression fades, is it tapering off ahead of your following injection, or is the pattern different from that?

Should titration be available to you, moving up a step might buy you time while you figure out which compound to introduce. Splitting the dose is another route, or you could simply move your injections closer together, to every 5 or 6 days (which would also raise your total weekly dose).

Reta, cagri, and survo are all untested by me, since I'm a weenie, so I've got nothing to share on that front. What I did do was tighten my schedule to 6 days, and that carried me along until the day I finally bite the bullet.
My schedule is 2.5 mg every 3.5 days, since larger single doses trigger my gi problems. Titrating upward also makes me ill. The only thing bugging me is feeling a bit hungrier than I want. Truthfully, I'm leaning toward stacking Reta—what I'm really after isn't just appetite control, it's the glucagon benefit!
 
msyntakz said:

I've done 4 weeks at 2.5mg of Tirz, and I was curious about combining Tirz with Reta too. Just on that Tirz amount by itself, my experience lined up with what you're describing. The suppression of food noise showed up, though it wasn't steady.

During week 4, I put 1mg of Reta in 3 days after my weekly Tirz shot. Once the day after that Reta dose arrived, the appetite suppression hit hard!

A plain physical sense of hunger is still present, meaning I know I need to eat, yet the usual mental food chatter isn't there. The real difference shows up when I actually sit down to eat. I genuinely need to slow way down and pace myself. A few bites are enough to make me feel full, and after that I'm just eating to meet my nutrition needs. Next week I might reduce the Reta to 0.5mg. I'll decide once I see how the remaining days go.

On top of that, I'm noticing more energy and sharper thinking, with less brain fog. Honestly, it seems like a trade-off that's worth it.
Yeah, stacking Reta seems like the move, and I'll hold onto Cagri in case I hit a stall later. Appreciate the advice!
 
cloratheshadow said:

Mayostardayonnaise said:

I picked Cagri for that exact reason - my plan is to keep using Tirz and possibly give Reta a shot once I've settled into maintenance for some time. Cagri has been excellent in my case - it went in a month and a half back, and since that point I've dropped 12 lbs. My routine is 6 mg Tirz on Tuesdays plus 700mcg Cagri on Saturdays.
Does Cagri get taken just 1 time per week? Once you've had it, what changes do you pick up on? Is the appetite reduction comparable, or does it come across differently?
Yeah, weekly dosing makes sense because cagri's half-life is roughly 8 days.
 
CNCCurrency said:

cloratheshadow said:

Mayostardayonnaise said:

I picked Cagri for that exact reason - my plan is to keep using Tirz and possibly give Reta a shot once I've settled into maintenance for some time. Cagri has been excellent in my case - it went in a month and a half back, and since that point I've dropped 12 lbs. My routine is 6 mg Tirz on Tuesdays plus 700mcg Cagri on Saturdays.
Does Cagri get taken just 1 time per week? Once you've had it, what changes do you pick up on? Is the appetite reduction comparable, or does it come across differently?
Yeah, weekly dosing makes sense because cagri's half-life is roughly 8 days.
Good to know — thanks!
 
cloratheshadow said:

CariocaLeftSeoul said:

Not a doctor here, so treat what I say the same way you'd treat advice from any stranger online. Rather than bumping up my Tirz dose, I decided to bring reta into the mix, and I space it out a few days from Tirz (Tirz gets injected Friday mornings, reta on Monday nights).

I began reta at a small 0.5mg dose, kept that going for around 2 weeks with nothing negative showing up, moved to 1mg and still nothing, gave it another couple of weeks, and this week I've just gone up to 1.5.

I'm aware reta on its own isn't a powerhouse for killing appetite, but the two together have done the job nicely. The scale hasn't moved yet, though a plateau was exactly the reason I added reta in the first place. My tirz sits at 7.5mg, and because I'd gotten curious about reta while the food noise was creeping back, I figured this approach gives me a bit of each without going overboard on GLP1, so I eased into reta carefully, and placing it between my tirz doses stops the food noise from coming back as the tirz fades.

Appetite is still there, it's just the food noise that's gone, and honestly it feels great to actually enjoy eating (on sema I didn't even want to eat), I simply don't fixate on food and have no urge for seconds 🙂
When you took .5 Reta, what was your experience? Did you notice anything?
It helped a little. The 1 gave better results.
 
I’ve come across plenty of anecdotal reports where people pair reta with tirz, and this video seems to cover a key factor that often gets overlooked in those conversations: dosage. Hitting the same receptors with 2 peptides at full strength likely isn’t a smart move, but as the video points out, using one peptide at a lower dose to complement the other one taken at a higher dose is probably the more reasonable approach.

Is It Safe To Stack Tirzepatide & Retatrutide? Doctor Explains The Truth



Like always, keep researching and acquiring knowledge 🙂
 
Back
Top