Still feeling the effects after skipping doses?

amosmylove

Explorer
Joined
Mar 19, 2026
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
Location
Nashville, TN
My most recent tirz injection was 8mg, taken on sept 15th. I'm not ready to stop completely, but I want to ease off the weight loss and begin lowering the dose. Since I'm basically in maintenance, I figured I'd skip the fixed schedule and instead wait until the food noise and strong hunger cues come back, then take something like 5mg and see how that goes. So here I am 2 weeks out, and every single day feels like I just injected yesterday. The food noise and hunger are completely under control. I'm still having trouble eating enough. With my low energy levels, I actually want to eat more at this point. The weight keeps coming off because that's just how it works. Ideally I'd like to be in a tiny deficit, maybe 1-2 lbs per month. But my appetite is simply not there.

Apart from @FarmgirlRebel , I haven't come across any similar stories. It just strikes me as odd. Back when I was getting the usual food noise on day 5, I moved to split dosing, and later, as I got closer to maintenance, I got lax with the schedule and let it drift back to 7-8 days at the same dose.

Since February, I've dropped 30% of my body weight.
 
I've reached my goal weight, and over the past few weeks the decline has flattened into a gentle slope...the scale is still going down, though it's closer to a .5 to 1lb per week pace now...For maintenance, my plan is to keep my tirz at 5mg split alongside 5mg of reta...and simply consume more food...which I've already begun doing. Back when I wasn't eating much, the weight was hardly budging. I'm curious to find out where things head once I'm eating more while staying on the same dose...I'm not sure what the proper approach is, but keeping my foot pressed hard on the brakes while piling on calories sounds better to me than releasing the GLP brakes and risking a free fall....meh...That's just my take
 
Don't forget about how long the compound sticks around and builds up in your system. Tirzy's half-life is roughly 5 days, which means that 14 days out you still have some left over — leftover medication from earlier shots is still adding to the appetite suppression you feel overall. My approach would be to drop to 5mg and time my meals so I can push past the reduced appetite and get used to the lower basal metabolic rate.

Edit:typo
 
Could it be something like muscle memory, where your body just keeps doing what it already knows? Being able to eat at maintenance without putting the weight back on would be the dream for everyone — at least it is for me.
 
That matches what I've seen. I've kept taking tirz, and for me the hunger suppression lingers as well — it doesn't just disappear the second you go a week without a shot. Holding off until genuine food noise shows up before stepping down to 5mg for maintenance is a reasonable approach; the only thing is, don't let the low eating stretch out too long while you're waiting, since protein and some training can stop you from feeling run down.
 
amosmylove said:


I took my latest tirz shot on sept 15th. 8mg. I am not planning to wean off totally yet but want to slow down the weight loss and start dropping the dose. I decided instead of going off of a set schedule regardless of how I feel, since I'm in maintenance basically, I would wait for the food noise/strong hunger signals to return and then dose at like 5mg and see what that's like. So it's been 2 weeks and feels like I had a dose yesterday, every day. Like full food noise control/hunger control. Still struggling to eat enough. I want to be able to eat more now for my low energy levels. Still dropping weight because that's how that works. I guess I'm hoping to be at a barely-deficit. Like 1-2 lbs per month. But my appetite is just gone.

I haven't read any other similar accounts except for @FarmgirlRebel . It just seems strange to me. I used to get the typical food noise on day 5 so I switched to split dosing and then because I was nearing maintenance I slacked off on the schedule letting it go back to 7-8 days per same dose.

I've lost 30% of my body weight since February.

Click to expand...

Once I reached 200lb, I decided to take a break from Reta — partly to observe how my appetite would respond, and partly to give my body a chance to recover.

My experience matched that: going from 20mg/week down to a trough of 8mg/week produced no return of hunger. When I started back up, I began at 8mg and then worked my way up to 20mg, along with 2.5mg Tirz in place of Sema and 1mg Elora.

I slept better and felt more at ease… which has me anticipating maintenance once I lose another 10lb or so.





68f339a705d7ab536cd0c2cdd5bad861fbec788706ebb5c3cc09f7756446aece.webp


207152c5087f604c17a0977c1b087cd247d7c7e64f3d6dbb22377d2269634ff5.webp
 
amosmylove said:


I took my latest tirz shot on sept 15th. 8mg. I am not planning to wean off totally yet but want to slow down the weight loss and start dropping the dose. I decided instead of going off of a set schedule regardless of how I feel, since I'm in maintenance basically, I would wait for the food noise/strong hunger signals to return and then dose at like 5mg and see what that's like. So it's been 2 weeks and feels like I had a dose yesterday, every day. Like full food noise control/hunger control. Still struggling to eat enough. I want to be able to eat more now for my low energy levels. Still dropping weight because that's how that works. I guess I'm hoping to be at a barely-deficit. Like 1-2 lbs per month. But my appetite is just gone.

I haven't read any other similar accounts except for @FarmgirlRebel . It just seems strange to me. I used to get the typical food noise on day 5 so I switched to split dosing and then because I was nearing maintenance I slacked off on the schedule letting it go back to 7-8 days per same dose.

I've lost 30% of my body weight since February.

Click to expand...
How about pausing for a short while and remaining off it until the food noise comes back? That approach might let you adjust to consuming a bit more.
 
Flash-BCR said:

I've reached my goal weight, and over the past few weeks the decline has flattened into a gentle slope...the scale is still going down, though it's closer to a .5 to 1lb per week pace now...For maintenance, my plan is to keep my tirz at 5mg split alongside 5mg of reta...and simply consume more food...which I've already begun doing. Back when I wasn't eating much, the weight was hardly budging. I'm curious to find out where things head once I'm eating more while staying on the same dose...I'm not sure what the proper approach is, but keeping my foot pressed hard on the brakes while piling on calories sounds better to me than releasing the GLP brakes and risking a free fall....meh...That's just my take
Did you end up losing less weight during the period when your food intake was low?
 
WLBLD said:

Did you end up losing less weight during the period when your food intake was low?
No — as I approached my goal weight, the amount I ate and my calories stayed unchanged...The tricky part about nearing goal weight, versus say your starting weight (or anything in between), is that once you're at GW there just isn't as much fat left to shed...which is why weight loss tends to slow...on top of that, being a smaller person means that in percentage terms, dropping half a pound could be comparable to 1-2 pounds at SW, at least proportionally...

Because my weight loss diet isn't really producing much loss anymore, my plan is to "titrate up" on food rather than titrate down on the medication....At these doses I'm capable of eating more, and eating a wider variety of things, I simply haven't felt like it...but I can and I will...

Having that same GLP effects floor under me just feels better than watching that floor fall away.... 👍 😎
 
Flash-BCR said:

No — as I approached my goal weight, the amount I ate and my calories stayed unchanged...The tricky part about nearing goal weight, versus say your starting weight (or anything in between), is that once you're at GW there just isn't as much fat left to shed...which is why weight loss tends to slow...on top of that, being a smaller person means that in percentage terms, dropping half a pound could be comparable to 1-2 pounds at SW, at least proportionally...

Because my weight loss diet isn't really producing much loss anymore, my plan is to "titrate up" on food rather than titrate down on the medication....At these doses I'm capable of eating more, and eating a wider variety of things, I simply haven't felt like it...but I can and I will...

Having that same GLP effects floor under me just feels better than watching that floor fall away.... 👍 😎
I figured you meant that cutting back on food was what made your weight loss stall, ha ha. That's what I suspect is going on in my case. I've still got roughly 17/18lbs left before I hit goal, but for me it has been so slooooowwwww. Most people increase their dose to drop more, but I can already hardly eat, so I lowered it a little & dropped 1lb.

Its great that you're able to eat more! For me, a few bites in and I'm full & have no interest in eating further.

Yes!! Congrats!! So happy you are at goal & can continue to stay where you want to be. Have you tried going down anymore? Does that make you gain/want to eat more? Hope you find your ideal maintenance dose! 🙂
 
Back
Top