sterile 3ml cartridges

tcpnomad

Explorer
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
 
tcpnomad said:

Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
So the process is: purchase cartridges, load them up, and afterwards put a pen back into service?
 
Like another person pointed out, Goodies carries them. I've picked some up on Amazon before and they worked out well; going forward I'll likely go with Goodies because it feels more reliable than some unknown Amazon vendor, though the ones I received were definitely okay (and shipping didn't cost anything).
 
Donstofikus said:

tcpnomad said:

Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
So the process is: purchase cartridges, load them up, and afterwards put a pen back into service?
correct
 
60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
 
tcpnomad said:

Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
My cartridges come from Ali Express and I've never had a problem with them. Cartridges aren't stocked by pharmacies, though pen needles are. I've even come across the identical branch needles on Ali Express that my pharmacy carries.

These sellers are simply middlemen — they take products from large manufacturers and resell them without the original brand on the packaging. If someone can manage that kind of packaging operation, wouldn't they also be able to handle sterilization? And if doubt still lingers, why not just sterilize the cartridges yourself? I'm guessing you already know how. A healthy dose of skepticism is fine. Being overly skeptical, though, isn't.



197fac09d58eeb0948aa8849f4b31421978e7903d6f26c5a41f9774a8798640d.webp


b3acee2eced8b37853d1063ec0a299c1413f90f46880add7af9786a69a3040c6.webp
 
I get mine from Ali, then handle the sterilization on my own. My job has an autoclave I can use. After the cycle, the tape's blue indicator shifts to black.
 
nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
 
eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Mine carries the same label. €48 bought me a 100 pack, plus 100 pen needles at 4mm.

Right now their rules are tighter than ours. I spoke with a Chinese trader not long ago — nothing to do with peptides! I only reached out to thank him, because his goods arrived and his business attitude was proper. According to him, nearly every Chinese business is playing it straight these days. The old days are gone. The Chinese government enforces this hard, and with today's tech there's no slipping past it. A person can drop a wallet in the street and no one will pick it up. A whole street packed with hundreds of people can be watched by a single camera at any moment. Every individual's identity is on record, even a tourist's. Tracking online purchases and reviewing complaints is far simpler than that. Doing things correctly costs less and is easier than the alternative.

The EU recently tried to fine Temu up to €200 miljon for selling goods into EU territory that fail EU standards. It didn't go through. In the end they just said Temu had to alter its practices inside 2 months or pay that amount. I can guess why?
 
eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Could you share a link? When I looked for those, nothing came up.
 
skaylife said:

eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Mine carries the same label. €48 bought me a 100 pack, plus 100 pen needles at 4mm.

Right now their rules are tighter than ours. I spoke with a Chinese trader not long ago — nothing to do with peptides! I only reached out to thank him, because his goods arrived and his business attitude was proper. According to him, nearly every Chinese business is playing it straight these days. The old days are gone. The Chinese government enforces this hard, and with today's tech there's no slipping past it. A person can drop a wallet in the street and no one will pick it up. A whole street packed with hundreds of people can be watched by a single camera at any moment. Every individual's identity is on record, even a tourist's. Tracking online purchases and reviewing complaints is far simpler than that. Doing things correctly costs less and is easier than the alternative.

The EU recently tried to fine Temu up to €200 miljon for selling goods into EU territory that fail EU standards. It didn't go through. In the end they just said Temu had to alter its practices inside 2 months or pay that amount. I can guess why?
Could you share a link? My search for those turned up nothing.
 
skaylife said:

tcpnomad said:

Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
My cartridges come from Ali Express and I've never had a problem with them. Cartridges aren't stocked by pharmacies, though pen needles are. I've even come across the identical branch needles on Ali Express that my pharmacy carries.

These sellers are simply middlemen — they take products from large manufacturers and resell them without the original brand on the packaging. If someone can manage that kind of packaging operation, wouldn't they also be able to handle sterilization? And if doubt still lingers, why not just sterilize the cartridges yourself? I'm guessing you already know how. A healthy dose of skepticism is fine. Being overly skeptical, though, isn't.



View attachment 11420

View attachment 11421

That appears to be the faulty ks-tek lot that jams in auto-injector pens — one section of the cap is thicker.

With a manual pen, they perform without issue.
 
tcpnomad said:

skaylife said:

eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Mine carries the same label. €48 bought me a 100 pack, plus 100 pen needles at 4mm.

Right now their rules are tighter than ours. I spoke with a Chinese trader not long ago — nothing to do with peptides! I only reached out to thank him, because his goods arrived and his business attitude was proper. According to him, nearly every Chinese business is playing it straight these days. The old days are gone. The Chinese government enforces this hard, and with today's tech there's no slipping past it. A person can drop a wallet in the street and no one will pick it up. A whole street packed with hundreds of people can be watched by a single camera at any moment. Every individual's identity is on record, even a tourist's. Tracking online purchases and reviewing complaints is far simpler than that. Doing things correctly costs less and is easier than the alternative.

The EU recently tried to fine Temu up to €200 miljon for selling goods into EU territory that fail EU standards. It didn't go through. In the end they just said Temu had to alter its practices inside 2 months or pay that amount. I can guess why?
Could you share a link? My search for those turned up nothing.

Cartridges

Apologies for the delay, friend. A guest was over at my place. He just headed out.

My earlier number was off: not 100 cartridges. What I actually bought was 50 cartridges, plus 100 needles
874eb54885e3bc48950ccf575c3c1fcae18107d2b0511639583bcceab02566ba.webp
 
juGGaKNot said:

skaylife said:

tcpnomad said:

Why does locating sterile 3 ml cartridges have to be this difficult?! 😛

What I keep turning up is obscure sellers offering tiny quantities, making sterility claims that are hard to believe. Then there's Amazon and AliExpress - neither of which I really trust.

Is there really no trustworthy supplier for these? If not, why? Too small a market? Hard to manufacture? Blocked by FDA rules?

Earlier, someone said they get theirs from US vendors whose products carry a sterility indicator. Try as I might, I cannot locate these supposedly amazing, hard-to-find items.
My cartridges come from Ali Express and I've never had a problem with them. Cartridges aren't stocked by pharmacies, though pen needles are. I've even come across the identical branch needles on Ali Express that my pharmacy carries.

These sellers are simply middlemen — they take products from large manufacturers and resell them without the original brand on the packaging. If someone can manage that kind of packaging operation, wouldn't they also be able to handle sterilization? And if doubt still lingers, why not just sterilize the cartridges yourself? I'm guessing you already know how. A healthy dose of skepticism is fine. Being overly skeptical, though, isn't.



View attachment 11420

View attachment 11421

That appears to be the faulty ks-tek lot that jams in auto-injector pens — one section of the cap is thicker.

With a manual pen, they perform without issue.
Honestly, I'm not sure either. I use manual pens, and they've never given me any trouble.
 
skaylife said:

tcpnomad said:

skaylife said:

eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Mine carries the same label. €48 bought me a 100 pack, plus 100 pen needles at 4mm.

Right now their rules are tighter than ours. I spoke with a Chinese trader not long ago — nothing to do with peptides! I only reached out to thank him, because his goods arrived and his business attitude was proper. According to him, nearly every Chinese business is playing it straight these days. The old days are gone. The Chinese government enforces this hard, and with today's tech there's no slipping past it. A person can drop a wallet in the street and no one will pick it up. A whole street packed with hundreds of people can be watched by a single camera at any moment. Every individual's identity is on record, even a tourist's. Tracking online purchases and reviewing complaints is far simpler than that. Doing things correctly costs less and is easier than the alternative.

The EU recently tried to fine Temu up to €200 miljon for selling goods into EU territory that fail EU standards. It didn't go through. In the end they just said Temu had to alter its practices inside 2 months or pay that amount. I can guess why?
Could you share a link? My search for those turned up nothing.

Cartridges

Apologies for the delay, friend. A guest was over at my place. He just headed out.

My earlier number was off: not 100 cartridges. What I actually bought was 50 cartridges, plus 100 needles View attachment 11422

I picked up cartridges from that same manufacturer. What bugs me is that the piston is put in the wrong way around on every second one, and that makes the pen seize up.

Not long ago I came across a really good price for needles from Pharmarket, which is an internet pharmacy located close to Antwerp. BD embecta 32G 4mm needles cost 16€ for a box of 100. Shipping is free once an order passes a certain threshold.
 
eidos said:

skaylife said:

tcpnomad said:

skaylife said:

eidos said:

nitetrak said:

60 carts showed up today from Amazon, $29 total.

Visually they seem fine, though whether the sterility claim holds up is anyone's guess.

Compared with the ones Underground sent me, the wrapper differs a bit, but it still passes the eye test.

Does anyone know how to check whether the blue-to-black color change actually happens, rather than the black simply being printed on?
The packages I received list EN868 and ISO11607 on them.

Keep in mind, this is China, and they take this type of fraud very seriously: people get executed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
Mine carries the same label. €48 bought me a 100 pack, plus 100 pen needles at 4mm.

Right now their rules are tighter than ours. I spoke with a Chinese trader not long ago — nothing to do with peptides! I only reached out to thank him, because his goods arrived and his business attitude was proper. According to him, nearly every Chinese business is playing it straight these days. The old days are gone. The Chinese government enforces this hard, and with today's tech there's no slipping past it. A person can drop a wallet in the street and no one will pick it up. A whole street packed with hundreds of people can be watched by a single camera at any moment. Every individual's identity is on record, even a tourist's. Tracking online purchases and reviewing complaints is far simpler than that. Doing things correctly costs less and is easier than the alternative.

The EU recently tried to fine Temu up to €200 miljon for selling goods into EU territory that fail EU standards. It didn't go through. In the end they just said Temu had to alter its practices inside 2 months or pay that amount. I can guess why?
Could you share a link? My search for those turned up nothing.

Cartridges

Apologies for the delay, friend. A guest was over at my place. He just headed out.

My earlier number was off: not 100 cartridges. What I actually bought was 50 cartridges, plus 100 needles View attachment 11422

I picked up cartridges from that same manufacturer. What bugs me is that the piston is put in the wrong way around on every second one, and that makes the pen seize up.

Not long ago I came across a really good price for needles from Pharmarket, which is an internet pharmacy located close to Antwerp. BD embecta 32G 4mm needles cost 16€ for a box of 100. Shipping is free once an order passes a certain threshold.
Appreciate the advice, I'll look into it.

After going through every cartridge I have, not a single piston is oriented incorrectly. The rear face on each one is thicker compared to the front. Zero defects in the batch. I took a look at the Ks-Tek cartridges listed on Aliexpress/Alibaba as well. Their packaging differs from what I received. Was your purchase from the same vendor? I shared the link earlier in a separate reply.
 
Back
Top