Troposphere
Explorer
Over 20 years instructing science — chemistry, physics and earth science — plus 30 years of rock climbing and 20 years of yoga.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Should you have done all of those at the same time, and begun rock climbing as an infant, then based on my math, your age comes to 30!Troposphere said:
Over 20 years instructing science — chemistry, physics and earth science — plus 30 years of rock climbing and 20 years of yoga.
amosmylove said:
For months now, I've been reading a wide range of posts from all sorts of members here, and a question has been forming in my mind.
When someone is recognized for having deep knowledge on a given subject, longtime members often get tagged to weigh in. It doesn't have to be about peptides, though that counts too. I'm curious what everyone's 'specialties' are. What subjects have you investigated thoroughly or experienced firsthand? I'm not talking about basic information anyone could find with a little effort, but rather more specialized areas, perhaps related to overall health. What hands-on background do you have that sets your knowledge apart?
Some possibilities: using glp1 for years, trying many different glps in depth, nursing background, stomach banding surgery, skin removal operations, lots of trials with less common peptides, being a dedicated DIY cosmetics maker, home brewing, serious bodybuilding or roids experience, holding a relevant degree, maybe even growing your own garden and sourcing herbs for tinctures, being a semi pro athlete (meaning long-term training and workout experience), working as a physical trainer, life coach, living with conditions such as MS, Lupus or cancer—anything that ties into this glp/peptide space and bettering our health and lives.
One thing that stands out is how @randompersonrandom knows a lot about making lotion.
My own skills are mostly unrelated. I've given birth to many children and looked after flocks of chickens. That said, I do have some understanding of hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Lupus, plus I was a competitive athlete in college and have lifted for years. I create my own tinctures along with my own lotions, butters, deodorant, oils and salves, since chemistry appeals to me and I get a kick out of trying to outdo my favorite store brand. I've also put years into studying oral supplements to help with my health problems, so that's another area where I know quite a bit. My aim was to get off my 7 prescription meds while keeping or improving my quality of life without them. I managed that and more.
That describes me too, though maybe more like a Jill of all trades. Across the years I've held jobs in no fewer than 10 separate fields. My credentials include an electrical engineering degree and a cosmetology license, yet I've basically never worked in either area—unless electrical assembly counts. Probably my ADD keeps me from becoming an expert in any one thing.HouseCat said:
I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.
Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.
I'm not sure I follow — what exactly do you mean by "one trick pony"? Giving birth to kids?CNCCurrency said:
amosmylove said:
For months now, I've been reading a wide range of posts from all sorts of members here, and a question has been forming in my mind.
When someone is recognized for having deep knowledge on a given subject, longtime members often get tagged to weigh in. It doesn't have to be about peptides, though that counts too. I'm curious what everyone's 'specialties' are. What subjects have you investigated thoroughly or experienced firsthand? I'm not talking about basic information anyone could find with a little effort, but rather more specialized areas, perhaps related to overall health. What hands-on background do you have that sets your knowledge apart?
Some possibilities: using glp1 for years, trying many different glps in depth, nursing background, stomach banding surgery, skin removal operations, lots of trials with less common peptides, being a dedicated DIY cosmetics maker, home brewing, serious bodybuilding or roids experience, holding a relevant degree, maybe even growing your own garden and sourcing herbs for tinctures, being a semi pro athlete (meaning long-term training and workout experience), working as a physical trainer, life coach, living with conditions such as MS, Lupus or cancer—anything that ties into this glp/peptide space and bettering our health and lives.
One thing that stands out is how @randompersonrandom knows a lot about making lotion.
My own skills are mostly unrelated. I've given birth to many children and looked after flocks of chickens. That said, I do have some understanding of hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Lupus, plus I was a competitive athlete in college and have lifted for years. I create my own tinctures along with my own lotions, butters, deodorant, oils and salves, since chemistry appeals to me and I get a kick out of trying to outdo my favorite store brand. I've also put years into studying oral supplements to help with my health problems, so that's another area where I know quite a bit. My aim was to get off my 7 prescription meds while keeping or improving my quality of life without them. I managed that and more.
View attachment 9966
Nature would recognize just 1. It begins with a T.lastresort said:
Once I've shed additional fat, I do plan to try steroids. The problem is that the options are so numerous, and honestly, figuring out the correct one for your own body is tough, since responses differ from person to person.Redz said:
Testosterone obviously reigns supreme, though in my experience Deca has proven both safe and effective, with minimal side effects. Tren delivers strong results, but it wrecks your health markers across the board and is generally bad for longevity. For anyone not competing, orals are largely pointless — Anavar being the exception, since it's fairly mild, aside from its impact on cholesterol of course. Ultimately it comes down to your goals and your current stage in the process. What suits one person can be disastrous for another. I personally handle tren fine, whereas eq is supposedly gentle yet I can't use it because of anxiety and other issues.lastresort said:
Which steroids do you prefer? And which ones have downsides that outweigh their upsides?Redz said:
I've spent years studying pediatric medicine broadly, plus many decades of research and practical experience with anabolic steroids, growth hormone, every ancillary compound, thyroid medications, supplements, and nutrition. I also have deep expertise in strength and conditioning.
Whether you're chasing performance, power, or simply the aesthetic also changes things. There are endless combinations that must be mapped out and customized around specific objectives.
Nothing beats the sound of an instrument played properly. As for the OP, my specialty — for better or worse — is trying just about every compound known to man. Take it from me: withdrawing from a short acting benzo is an experience unlike any other. A surprising fact — beets had down what you think might be worse. Conversely, I'd argue that certain drugs doctors don't push can offer plenty of benefits to people who might need them. And in my opinion, the healthiest thing anyone can do is get into reasonable shape, even if they enjoy dabbling in the other side of life like I do. I've only got 2 cents — so there it is again.peppystrings80 said:
Musical instruments are my strong suit. I had a natural talent, and my parents were supportive enough to fund lessons, so I've been practicing for as long as I can remember. Eventually I zeroed in on a single instrument, earned a master's degree in it, and these days I perform with a symphony orchestra. When it comes to classical music, music history, and music theory, my knowledge is honestly absurd. This peptide social media stuff might be the sole area of my life that music hasn't swallowed whole. It's a pretty narrow niche, too—especially once you find out which instrument I picked: the viola.
Classical music is something I absolutely love. Getting to talk with you here feels like I'm speaking with a celebrity. (Personally, I consider celebrities to be useless losers, but in your case I intend that as praise.) Reaching that kind of mastery is truly amazing. Opera or Broadway accompanied by a live symphony is among my favorite experiences. Simply incredible!peppystrings80 said:
Musical instruments are my strong suit. I had a natural talent, and my parents were supportive enough to fund lessons, so I've been practicing for as long as I can remember. Eventually I zeroed in on a single instrument, earned a master's degree in it, and these days I perform with a symphony orchestra. When it comes to classical music, music history, and music theory, my knowledge is honestly absurd. This peptide social media stuff might be the sole area of my life that music hasn't swallowed whole. It's a pretty narrow niche, too—especially once you find out which instrument I picked: the viola.
According to my wife, the thing I do best is hearing her out and then retaining none of what she said.amosmylove said:
For months now, I've been reading a wide range of posts from all sorts of members here, and a question has been forming in my mind.
When someone is recognized for having deep knowledge on a given subject, longtime members often get tagged to weigh in. It doesn't have to be about peptides, though that counts too. I'm curious what everyone's 'specialties' are. What subjects have you investigated thoroughly or experienced firsthand? I'm not talking about basic information anyone could find with a little effort, but rather more specialized areas, perhaps related to overall health. What hands-on background do you have that sets your knowledge apart?
Some possibilities: using glp1 for years, trying many different glps in depth, nursing background, stomach banding surgery, skin removal operations, lots of trials with less common peptides, being a dedicated DIY cosmetics maker, home brewing, serious bodybuilding or roids experience, holding a relevant degree, maybe even growing your own garden and sourcing herbs for tinctures, being a semi pro athlete (meaning long-term training and workout experience), working as a physical trainer, life coach, living with conditions such as MS, Lupus or cancer—anything that ties into this glp/peptide space and bettering our health and lives.
One thing that stands out is how @randompersonrandom knows a lot about making lotion.
My own skills are mostly unrelated. I've given birth to many children and looked after flocks of chickens. That said, I do have some understanding of hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Lupus, plus I was a competitive athlete in college and have lifted for years. I create my own tinctures along with my own lotions, butters, deodorant, oils and salves, since chemistry appeals to me and I get a kick out of trying to outdo my favorite store brand. I've also put years into studying oral supplements to help with my health problems, so that's another area where I know quite a bit. My aim was to get off my 7 prescription meds while keeping or improving my quality of life without them. I managed that and more.
Another PhD holder here — my field was Analytical Surface Chemistry, covering powders, adhesives, coatings, surface treatments, corrosion and failure mechanisms, for both industrial and biological uses… boring, I know. I also hold an MSc in Analytical Chemistry, which included all those delightful chromatographies, separations and mass spectrometry. That makes me skilled at spotting what COAs leave out and at digging into scientific papers. On top of that, I'm a gadget enthusiast for craft, DIY and home renovation, and labelling has turned into my latest fixation.Grogu said:
My background is heavier on hands-on experience than on formal expertise. Still, the topics I know best include using GLP-1 drugs over the long term, trying out multiple GLP-1 and amylin-based options, losing a substantial amount of weight, and managing all of that after having had bariatric surgery in the past.
Peptide testing is another area where I have gone quite deep. I have put together independent testing groups, which means I have learned firsthand about the logistics, the expenses, the laboratories, the shipping, how to read results, and the occasional mess that arises when you are trying to coordinate a big crowd of peptide fans.
I also hold a PhD, and the work I have done professionally has left me at ease with research methods, statistics, survey design, and asking whether the conclusions people reach are genuinely backed by the evidence. Arguably the most valuable thing I bring from my education and training is the ability to read, grasp, and critically assess medical studies. I am certainly not a clinician or a chemist. What I am is stubborn, doubtful, and inclined to keep digging into a question well past the point where most people would have given up.
Last, I guess my “actual” specialty is roaming the peptide galaxy from my home planet of Coruscant.
amosmylove said:
Oh, nonsense! I've seen that you have a great deal of knowledge, especially when it comes to those who are just starting out.BNLFL said:
I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.
View attachment 9965
Alright, that got a laugh out of me.Skidude said:
In a lot of respects, I'd say you're the Paula Abdul paired with @BNLFL as the Simon.HouseCat said:
I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.
Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.
Truly kind-
Plus more than 20 years of feeling like yelling at parents.Troposphere said:
Over 20 years instructing science — chemistry, physics and earth science — plus 30 years of rock climbing and 20 years of yoga.