State your 'specialty'

amosmylove

Explorer
Joined
Mar 19, 2026
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
Nashville, TN
For months now, I've been reading a wide range of posts from all sorts of members here, and a question has been forming in my mind.

When someone is recognized for having deep knowledge on a given subject, longtime members often get tagged to weigh in. It doesn't have to be about peptides, though that counts too. I'm curious what everyone's 'specialties' are. What subjects have you investigated thoroughly or experienced firsthand? I'm not talking about basic information anyone could find with a little effort, but rather more specialized areas, perhaps related to overall health. What hands-on background do you have that sets your knowledge apart?

Some possibilities: using glp1 for years, trying many different glps in depth, nursing background, stomach banding surgery, skin removal operations, lots of trials with less common peptides, being a dedicated DIY cosmetics maker, home brewing, serious bodybuilding or roids experience, holding a relevant degree, maybe even growing your own garden and sourcing herbs for tinctures, being a semi pro athlete (meaning long-term training and workout experience), working as a physical trainer, life coach, living with conditions such as MS, Lupus or cancer—anything that ties into this glp/peptide space and bettering our health and lives.

One thing that stands out is how @randompersonrandom knows a lot about making lotion.

My own skills are mostly unrelated. I've given birth to many children and looked after flocks of chickens. That said, I do have some understanding of hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Lupus, plus I was a competitive athlete in college and have lifted for years. I create my own tinctures along with my own lotions, butters, deodorant, oils and salves, since chemistry appeals to me and I get a kick out of trying to outdo my favorite store brand. I've also put years into studying oral supplements to help with my health problems, so that's another area where I know quite a bit. My aim was to get off my 7 prescription meds while keeping or improving my quality of life without them. I managed that and more.
 
Curiosity, plus a genuine enjoyment of picking up new knowledge—that's the only thing I'd call my specialty.

That said, I'm with you: the abilities so many people here bring are impressive, and I feel lucky to get their takes on such a wide range of topics.

Nice thread—I'll be keeping up with it.
 
I worked as a paramedic before. That doesn't make me an expert in anything, except that I know how to give injections 😂

These days, I work on building race cars.
 
I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





c34839ee94020a02202914282bcc17395929adbdba489174c132e64d96020135.webp
 
Ahobo1 said:

I worked as a paramedic before. That doesn't make me an expert in anything, except that I know how to give injections 😂

These days, I work on building race cars.
That was my college plan. Marriage and kids came along, though, and it stopped being a good fit for a young mom. Even so, it's still the job I dream about.
 
I've spent years studying pediatric medicine broadly, plus many decades of research and practical experience with anabolic steroids, growth hormone, every ancillary compound, thyroid medications, supplements, and nutrition. I also have deep expertise in strength and conditioning.
 
lastresort said:

Food scientist here. I'm in fiber R&D right now, though I've been thinking about switching things up.
Your AMA thread was great!

Have you considered putting a link to it in your signature? Or would keeping that updated be too much of a hassle?
 
BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
I'd happily cruise around town in that. Sure, it's not considered cool, but I genuinely like it.

Back to the topic:

I'm not sure I have a specialty I'd say I'm truly great at. I'm the kind of person who just gets things done. At 18, while 7 months pregnant with my daughter, I began fixing my own cars. Just recently I wrapped up replacing the front disc brakes and rear drum brakes on my aunt's car. She offered to pay me, but that's not how I was raised. Family gets help, no questions asked.

I make cold process soap. I bake sourdough bread. This year I bought chickens and built their coop myself. In the pictures it wasn't fully done yet. Woodworking is something I enjoy (rustic style, not fine).
 
moodymama76 said:

BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
I'd happily cruise around town in that. Sure, it's not considered cool, but I genuinely like it.

Back to the topic:

I'm not sure I have a specialty I'd say I'm truly great at. I'm the kind of person who just gets things done. At 18, while 7 months pregnant with my daughter, I began fixing my own cars. Just recently I wrapped up replacing the front disc brakes and rear drum brakes on my aunt's car. She offered to pay me, but that's not how I was raised. Family gets help, no questions asked.

I make cold process soap. I bake sourdough bread. This year I bought chickens and built their coop myself. In the pictures it wasn't fully done yet. Woodworking is something I enjoy (rustic style, not fine).
That's all right up my alley! We're cut from the same cloth. On my own, I put together 5 coops inside the tobacco barn I used to have, and baking brings me a lot of joy. Keeping my starter going, on the other hand, is a total failure on my part. Honestly, it's just sad. Your coop turned out great!
 
amosmylove said:

BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
Oh, nonsense! I've seen that you have a great deal of knowledge, especially when it comes to those who are just starting out.
heh - that one made me laugh. I can't recall coming across it before, but from now on it's going into my everyday grumbling.
 
I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.

Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.
 
moodymama76 said:

BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
I'd happily cruise around town in that. Sure, it's not considered cool, but I genuinely like it.

Back to the topic:

I'm not sure I have a specialty I'd say I'm truly great at. I'm the kind of person who just gets things done. At 18, while 7 months pregnant with my daughter, I began fixing my own cars. Just recently I wrapped up replacing the front disc brakes and rear drum brakes on my aunt's car. She offered to pay me, but that's not how I was raised. Family gets help, no questions asked.

I make cold process soap. I bake sourdough bread. This year I bought chickens and built their coop myself. In the pictures it wasn't fully done yet. Woodworking is something I enjoy (rustic style, not fine).
This has nothing to do with the forum itself, but it does connect to what you said: my passion is chicken breeding genetics, specifically producing eggs in unusual colors. I send fertile hatching eggs to buyers across the country. Getting the colors to top quality has taken me years.
 
tcpnomad said:

amosmylove said:

BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
Oh, nonsense! I've seen that you have a great deal of knowledge, especially when it comes to those who are just starting out.
heh - that one made me laugh. I can't recall coming across it before, but from now on it's going into my everyday grumbling.
I got this straight from my grandpa, who's no longer with us 🥰😍 Keeping it going is something I enjoy.
 
HouseCat said:

I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.

Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.
In a lot of respects, I'd say you're the Paula Abdul paired with @BNLFL as the Simon.

Truly kind-
 
HouseCat said:

I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.

Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.

Skidude said:

HouseCat said:

I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.

Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.
In a lot of respects, I'd say you're the Paula Abdul paired with @BNLFL as the Simon.

Truly kind-
Hey, what about me? Nah, forget it.
 
amosmylove said:

moodymama76 said:

BNLFL said:

I used this one to get to school, and you scratched me off that one.





View attachment 9965
I'd happily cruise around town in that. Sure, it's not considered cool, but I genuinely like it.

Back to the topic:

I'm not sure I have a specialty I'd say I'm truly great at. I'm the kind of person who just gets things done. At 18, while 7 months pregnant with my daughter, I began fixing my own cars. Just recently I wrapped up replacing the front disc brakes and rear drum brakes on my aunt's car. She offered to pay me, but that's not how I was raised. Family gets help, no questions asked.

I make cold process soap. I bake sourdough bread. This year I bought chickens and built their coop myself. In the pictures it wasn't fully done yet. Woodworking is something I enjoy (rustic style, not fine).
This has nothing to do with the forum itself, but it does connect to what you said: my passion is chicken breeding genetics, specifically producing eggs in unusual colors. I send fertile hatching eggs to buyers across the country. Getting the colors to top quality has taken me years.
Wow, these are just like Easter Eggs—absolutely gorgeous! Genetics is such an enjoyable area, and watching it play out is really fascinating!
 
HouseCat said:

I fall into the jack of all trades, master of none category. Hearing about other people's areas of expertise and adventures is something I enjoy too, such as the skydiving of @Skidude, the ghost town and hot spring exploring of @Stace_wow, and the long hikes/camping of @Flash-BCR.

Hyperfixations have been plentiful for me, mainly involving crafting and art. In an indie pop punk band, I used to sing and play bass, I have crocheted and sewn my own clothing, I was a year-round bicycle commuter in NYC, and I am an advanced amateur photographer.

That is genuinely awesome! It's something I'd be absolutely awful at, which makes it even more impressive to me.
 
Back
Top