dragonwar54
Explorer
So, what’s going to happen when an overweight peptide newbie buys months of Reta to mess around with? I suppose we’ll see over the next few months!
For me, this forum has been an amazing resource, with tons of folks sharing essential info that newbies really ought to spend time absorbing. Endotoxins? Yeah, those are legit, and there’s lots of medical literature out there to check out. That helps you gauge your own risk, since the market doesn’t promise any particular levels. Filtration? That’s another thing people might overlook, and it seems like opinions are split on how well home labs can actually pull it off.
A bit about me:
I’m 6’1”, 276lbs, and 33 years old (sorry to all the metric users out there). Only a few years back, I’d dropped from 250lbs down to 190! Honestly, it didn’t take as long as you’d think. I just kept tracking calories in and calories burned using free apps and my fitness watch.
I started at 250lbs, basically not moving at all, and decided to change things by walking around the block just once a day. That gradually turned into a mile, then a 7 mile loop. I’m really lucky to have a great walking path that got me outside and bumped my 2000 daily steps up to over 10,000. I knew walking alone wouldn’t get me to my goal, so I added running. I began with a quick 20 minute fitness test: 5 minutes warmup, 5 minutes cooldown, and 10 minutes at a pace I could handle without stopping much. Well, that didn’t go as planned (the not stopping part). I probably walked as much as I ran in that 10 minutes, but it was the start of something bigger.
A few months later, I was running 5 days a week (and still doing my 7 mile walk on rest days). I started seeing progress and got hooked on that me-time. I’d listen to audiobooks and podcasts to improve myself. I ran several 5K races during this period and kept getting faster. I LOVE watching UFC fights, and since I was an athlete when I was younger, I thought I’d try boxing—boxers run too, right? I boxed for a year (absolutely loved it!) before life threw some serious punches. I had several seizures (this was before boxing, and no brain damage showed up, so doctors never figured out the cause) and my father passed away.
I stopped doing almost everything I should have kept up for my health, and slipped back into comfort, worrying about other stuff instead of myself. Over a few years, I crept back up to 250lbs, then kept going until here I am today at 276lbs, writing this.
My Reta package arrived today, and I was super excited to start this journey after all the positive feedback on this forum and in the fitness world overall. I want to show other members what I’m doing, the pros and cons I notice along the way, and hold myself accountable again.
Current protocol:
I checked the testing page on this forum to make sure the product wasn’t part of the endotoxin scare and matched what the company claimed.
I mixed the Reta10 with 1ml of water and took 20 units today (2mg total) as my starting dose. I added the peptide slowly to my BAC, then made sure the vial was still clear with nothing floating in it. As you can see, I didn’t filter my peptide beforehand, but I bet one bad experience could change that fast. It’s late now and I’ve already eaten for the day, so I thought this would help (taking it before bed and full). Hopefully my body gets some time to digest the peptide and we can start strong tomorrow.
I want to be transparent with everyone as I go through this and help others who might be thinking about starting their own peptide journey. Please do your research and know what you’re getting into if you’re just beginning. This forum is full of knowledge, and I spent a lot of time before joining reading posts and trying to absorb just 0.01% of what these people know.
I know this is a long post, so if you’ve read this far, I appreciate you and can’t wait to chat!
For me, this forum has been an amazing resource, with tons of folks sharing essential info that newbies really ought to spend time absorbing. Endotoxins? Yeah, those are legit, and there’s lots of medical literature out there to check out. That helps you gauge your own risk, since the market doesn’t promise any particular levels. Filtration? That’s another thing people might overlook, and it seems like opinions are split on how well home labs can actually pull it off.
A bit about me:
I’m 6’1”, 276lbs, and 33 years old (sorry to all the metric users out there). Only a few years back, I’d dropped from 250lbs down to 190! Honestly, it didn’t take as long as you’d think. I just kept tracking calories in and calories burned using free apps and my fitness watch.
I started at 250lbs, basically not moving at all, and decided to change things by walking around the block just once a day. That gradually turned into a mile, then a 7 mile loop. I’m really lucky to have a great walking path that got me outside and bumped my 2000 daily steps up to over 10,000. I knew walking alone wouldn’t get me to my goal, so I added running. I began with a quick 20 minute fitness test: 5 minutes warmup, 5 minutes cooldown, and 10 minutes at a pace I could handle without stopping much. Well, that didn’t go as planned (the not stopping part). I probably walked as much as I ran in that 10 minutes, but it was the start of something bigger.
A few months later, I was running 5 days a week (and still doing my 7 mile walk on rest days). I started seeing progress and got hooked on that me-time. I’d listen to audiobooks and podcasts to improve myself. I ran several 5K races during this period and kept getting faster. I LOVE watching UFC fights, and since I was an athlete when I was younger, I thought I’d try boxing—boxers run too, right? I boxed for a year (absolutely loved it!) before life threw some serious punches. I had several seizures (this was before boxing, and no brain damage showed up, so doctors never figured out the cause) and my father passed away.
I stopped doing almost everything I should have kept up for my health, and slipped back into comfort, worrying about other stuff instead of myself. Over a few years, I crept back up to 250lbs, then kept going until here I am today at 276lbs, writing this.
My Reta package arrived today, and I was super excited to start this journey after all the positive feedback on this forum and in the fitness world overall. I want to show other members what I’m doing, the pros and cons I notice along the way, and hold myself accountable again.
Current protocol:
I checked the testing page on this forum to make sure the product wasn’t part of the endotoxin scare and matched what the company claimed.
I mixed the Reta10 with 1ml of water and took 20 units today (2mg total) as my starting dose. I added the peptide slowly to my BAC, then made sure the vial was still clear with nothing floating in it. As you can see, I didn’t filter my peptide beforehand, but I bet one bad experience could change that fast. It’s late now and I’ve already eaten for the day, so I thought this would help (taking it before bed and full). Hopefully my body gets some time to digest the peptide and we can start strong tomorrow.
I want to be transparent with everyone as I go through this and help others who might be thinking about starting their own peptide journey. Please do your research and know what you’re getting into if you’re just beginning. This forum is full of knowledge, and I spent a lot of time before joining reading posts and trying to absorb just 0.01% of what these people know.
I know this is a long post, so if you’ve read this far, I appreciate you and can’t wait to chat!