Starting Out

Antichud

Explorer
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Hello,

I'm a 23 yo guy and just began using Rhetta. Wednesday was my legit first dose. Some background: last year I got into a dirty bulk that spiraled completely out of hand. For personal reasons that I think are a bit too embarrassing to share on this site, I won't go too deep into why, but my weight climbed from 160-250 in 8 months. I came to hate being fat, so now I'm working on slimming down. With normal diet and exercise I dropped 20 pounds in my first month, but I'm genuinely built to be thin, so my weight swings very easily.

With that said, this week I started at 1.2 mg. It's overpriced, but what I liked was that they had a COA from an independent lab (though I suppose that could be faked as well). Honestly, results hit me right away. The only downside has been really bad restless legs at night, but apart from that, my energy is through the roof and I hardly even think about food.

Any help is appreciated. I'm super excited to hyperfixate on losing weight, rather than bulking, now.
 
At this stage, the only advice I can offer is to remain on that dose for 4 weeks, then raise it by 2mg each time. My own path was beginning at 2mg and moving through 2-4-6-8-9-10mg. For me, stepping up by 1mg made no difference. I gave that a go on 2 occasions, apart from the 8-9mg jump. That's simply how I went about it. Which vial size of Reta did you receive?
 
I'd say the same thing — there's no need to hurry with increasing your dose. As long as 1.2 is doing its job, stay at that level, and only move upward once the benefits fade, taking it step by step.
 
Like everyone else mentioned, don't bump up your dose until you've been on it at least 4 weeks, and there's no need to increase quickly when things are already working. The half life is 6 days, meaning that sticking with the same dose for 4 weeks leaves you with a concentration that's twice your dose. For example: 2mg weekly for 4 weeks gives you 4mg built up in your system. I've been using it over a year and I'm only on 8mg, I drop 10lbs then stall for about a month, then aim for another 10. Make sure you're getting enough protein.

Strange that your energy is so high, since Reta usually does the reverse, maybe it's placebo?
 
Chunky113 said:

Like everyone else mentioned, don't bump up your dose until you've been on it at least 4 weeks, and there's no need to increase quickly when things are already working. The half life is 6 days, meaning that sticking with the same dose for 4 weeks leaves you with a concentration that's twice your dose. For example: 2mg weekly for 4 weeks gives you 4mg built up in your system. I've been using it over a year and I'm only on 8mg, I drop 10lbs then stall for about a month, then aim for another 10. Make sure you're getting enough protein.

Strange that your energy is so high, since Reta usually does the reverse, maybe it's placebo?
It's very possible this is just psychological. I appreciate the perspective!
 
Chunky113 said:

Like everyone else mentioned, don't bump up your dose until you've been on it at least 4 weeks, and there's no need to increase quickly when things are already working. The half life is 6 days, meaning that sticking with the same dose for 4 weeks leaves you with a concentration that's twice your dose. For example: 2mg weekly for 4 weeks gives you 4mg built up in your system. I've been using it over a year and I'm only on 8mg, I drop 10lbs then stall for about a month, then aim for another 10. Make sure you're getting enough protein.

Strange that your energy is so high, since Reta usually does the reverse, maybe it's placebo?
It might be glucagon — that's a common culprit behind reta insomnia. Either way, it's one more argument for monitoring your heart rate every so often. I dealt with the reta insomnia myself, though my heart rate never went up.
 
Antichud said:

Hello,

I'm a 23 yo guy and just began using Rhetta. Wednesday was my legit first dose. Some background: last year I got into a dirty bulk that spiraled completely out of hand. For personal reasons that I think are a bit too embarrassing to share on this site, I won't go too deep into why, but my weight climbed from 160-250 in 8 months. I came to hate being fat, so now I'm working on slimming down. With normal diet and exercise I dropped 20 pounds in my first month, but I'm genuinely built to be thin, so my weight swings very easily.

With that said, this week I started at 1.2 mg. It's overpriced, but what I liked was that they had a COA from an independent lab (though I suppose that could be faked as well). Honestly, results hit me right away. The only downside has been really bad restless legs at night, but apart from that, my energy is through the roof and I hardly even think about food.

Any help is appreciated. I'm super excited to hyperfixate on losing weight, rather than bulking, now.
Give magnesium glycinate from the pharmacy a shot, and when you do your next blood draw, ask them to test your ferritin.
 
At 1.5 my energy has gone way up too, though sleep clearly took a hit — I wake up 4 times each night and my heart rate is 8 higher. Gym sessions feel much better, but the sleep is poor. This week I'm dropping back to 1; at 1 I was more tired, yet I slept better lol. It looks like the effect varies from person to person — my friend is on 4 and sleeps like a baby...
 
I agree with the people saying you should hold off on increasing your dose while the lower one is still working. Since March I've taken 2.25mg of Reta two times per week, and I'm down 45 lbs — that's 20 lbs past the goal I first set. A bit of food noise has come back, though that could just be because this vial is beyond its 28-day shelf life. Wishing you the best!
 
Magnesium before bed—I agree with that. And I also agree with ramping the dose up gradually. That said, if you dropped 20 lbs in 1 month without reta, then you really don't require it.

And there's no reason to feel shame discussing something like your dirty bulk here.
 
BNLFL said:

At this stage, the only advice I can offer is to remain on that dose for 4 weeks, then raise it by 2mg each time. My own path was beginning at 2mg and moving through 2-4-6-8-9-10mg. For me, stepping up by 1mg made no difference. I gave that a go on 2 occasions, apart from the 8-9mg jump. That's simply how I went about it. Which vial size of Reta did you receive?
A 10 mg vial is what I picked up. This one is being split between my friend and me, and next month I'll get a supply of my own…before going too high, I figure 2-2.5 mg will be my next step up.
 
Back
Top