Starting Out: Our Reta & Mots-c Experience So Far

capth4u

Explorer
Joined
Apr 14, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Hey everyone in the GLP1Chat community 😁

My wife and I kicked things off 2 weeks back with Reta & Mots-C. Our starting doses were 1mg of Reta and 1mg of Mots-c, taken 5 days a week. On the very first day she injected Reta, my wife experienced mild nausea and needed a few extra bathroom visits. I had no issues, and for most of the week our appetite was kept in check, though hunger crept back in over the final few days.

Protein intake has been solid, roughly .75g per body weight. I've dropped 10 pounds altogether (8 of those in week 1), while my wife is down 8lbs total. We're clearly eating cleaner and consuming less than we used to, plus we're walking and working out here and there.

So I'm left wondering whether the weight loss is thanks to the Reta or the lifestyle shifts. I'm planning to bump up to 2mg next week, and my wife will go to 1.5mg. We put in an order for SS-31 from here but it hasn't arrived yet. We're also looking to get NAD+ and my wife is interested in GHK-Cu.

If anyone has tips or wants to hear more about what we've been through, just ask or drop a comment. We're total newbies at this, so any advice or shared experiences are really appreciated.
 
My suggestion: ease off the pace and keep titration at 4 weeks, otherwise you’ll ramp up tolerance fast and overwhelm your receptors. Yes, results come from both the peps and your lifestyle, but don’t forget that your mind is being trained alongside your body. The tortoise approach pays off and improves your odds of maintaining the loss over the long haul.

I get it—once a vendor earns your trust, the urge is to sample everything. But when a stall hits, figuring out whether to adjust, raise, or cycle off becomes a real puzzle.
 
Like @mongchopz points out, patience matters more here, and ramping the dose up quickly isn't wise. Think of dropping weight as a marathon rather than a sprint. That goes double when your starting point involves 2 strong peptides. In my opinion, holding steady at one dose for 4 weeks is the optimal approach. Pairing that with dietary changes and daily movement is the right way to go...yes, it's tempting, and all of us want the pounds gone yesterday, but take it from me, that isn't the path. My own 42kg drop came purely from diet plus activity, and it took 16 months. These days, having recently begun reta, the process feels far smoother and quicker, so those urges don't hit me as hard thanks to what I learned losing weight before...simply allow time to pass and remain at the smallest dose you can. The payoff will be 100%.
 
After you inject Reta, absorption takes roughly 24 hours, and its half life is 6 days. That means once 6 days have passed since a dose, the concentration in your blood is down to 50% of the peak. As a result, when you keep the same dose going, accumulation occurs across roughly 4 weeks. So the next week brings a higher amount in your body even without any dose change. For seeing this visually, I strongly suggest GLPplotter, which costs nothing and plots how varying doses behave across time, making the whole thing simpler to grasp.

If you raise doses more often than once every 4 weeks, the downside is stronger side effects. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and constipation are by far the ones people report most. The quicker the dose goes up, the greater the likelihood of these unpleasant effects, and given the 6 day half life, they could clear in a day or 2, or they could drag on for a week or longer.

On the whole, going slow with dose increases is sensible, and waiting 4 weeks between them is sensible too. That said, since you began at 1mg while the standard drug company recommendation for reta is a 2mg start, moving to 2mg right away is fairly safe, though side effects become more probable than if you delayed the increase. Eventually, side effects hit most people, typically at their worst around 2-4 months in at doses between 4-8mg, and after that they often, though not always, ease gradually.

Protein matters as well. You brought up 0.75g/kg, which suits most people most of the time. Solid evidence shows that with higher protein than that, ideally 1.5g/kg/day, less muscle is lost while losing weight.

I would also hold off on stacking other peptides. If several are started at nearly the same time, figuring out which one caused any side effect becomes impossible, and resolving it would mean quitting all of them. Space them at least 1 month apart, or better, 2 months.
 
mongchopz said:

My suggestion: ease off the pace and keep titration at 4 weeks, otherwise you’ll ramp up tolerance fast and overwhelm your receptors. Yes, results come from both the peps and your lifestyle, but don’t forget that your mind is being trained alongside your body. The tortoise approach pays off and improves your odds of maintaining the loss over the long haul.

I get it—once a vendor earns your trust, the urge is to sample everything. But when a stall hits, figuring out whether to adjust, raise, or cycle off becomes a real puzzle.
Appreciate it … Week 4 is coming up for us, so 1mg is where I'll remain 👍 In my first post I said it wrong. Toward the end of the week, hunger is definitely creeping back in. It's not terrible, but the cravings are clear.
 
ultima thule said:

Like @mongchopz points out, patience matters more here, and ramping the dose up quickly isn't wise. Think of dropping weight as a marathon rather than a sprint. That goes double when your starting point involves 2 strong peptides. In my opinion, holding steady at one dose for 4 weeks is the optimal approach. Pairing that with dietary changes and daily movement is the right way to go...yes, it's tempting, and all of us want the pounds gone yesterday, but take it from me, that isn't the path. My own 42kg drop came purely from diet plus activity, and it took 16 months. These days, having recently begun reta, the process feels far smoother and quicker, so those urges don't hit me as hard thanks to what I learned losing weight before...simply allow time to pass and remain at the smallest dose you can. The payoff will be 100%.
Thanks … amazing that you dropped that much! These days I'm retired, and back in 2012 I had a spinal fusion. That's the reason I put on so much extra weight. Staying active or working out the way I once did isn't easy for me anymore, but I keep trying to push myself without going too far. I'm looking forward to getting back a piece of who I used to be. 👍 For the next few weeks we'll stick with just the Reta and mots-c, though I'm set on adding SS-31 and NAD+ somewhere down the line. From a US site an YouTuber had recommended, I bought two bottles of Reta, and they weren't cheap. So I came across some names on Reddit and decided to take a gamble on a Reta and Mots-c kit. They were legit and professional, but their price was a bit higher than the others I'd talked with on telegram. That's how I ended up finding this forum, and I ordered SS-31 plus more Reta from a vendor here, which honestly had me on edge since you never know who's trustworthy. So I went off reviews. A few days later they sent me a tracking number, and it still hasn't arrived. I also looked up that tracking number on the USPS site, and there's a package with the identical tracking number that went out the same day as mine, except it's in a different state. I'm beginning to think we got scammed. I'd like to put this info in the reviews, but I don't know what's required before I can post in that section. Really disappointing, though I'm hoping it was simply a mixup.
 
Hello,

Today is May 22nd, so time for an update. The last few weeks have kept us busy.

The Goods:

I placed an order with my second grey vendor on April 13th, but it went to Akron, Ohio while I live in Florida 😠 Something had them put the wrong zip code on the parcel. My stuff finally got resent (May 15th — SS31/Mots/Reta) and I'm hoping to see it next week🤞 Because of the 2nd vendor's debacle I also gave a 3rd vendor a try. A few members had spoken about the 3rd one so I took the chance, and that order (May 5th — GHKCU/Mots/NAD+/SS31) should actually land today 👍 If this order is all good I'll put in one more to get the rest of what we want to try (Tesa/Ipa/BPC/TB/KPV/SNAP/ and more Reta just in case they really crack down soon.

The Effort:

Over the last few weeks I looked into dumbbells and a weight bench. We don't have much spare space right now, so my first thought was an all-in-one adjustable dumbbell that switches between weights — less space, more convenience. In the end I bought the BowFlex results series selectTech dumbbells 552's. Then about 2 hours later, still reading reviews on them, I spotted that they'd had a recall a while back... so I cancelled and went with plain dumbbells instead. A set of hex rubber 5lbs to 50lbs. Genuinely a good deal — 500lbs of weight for under 1 a pound. The rack had to be bought separately but they look and feel great. Now the bench… I didn't want to cheap out, though I'm not loaded either 🤣 so I went with a REP Nighthawk plus the added leg bar. Again, not much free space here, but the weights and bench fit perfectly. I also picked up a few 3.5ft x 6ft stall mats from The Home Depot for the 500lbs and bench 👍 I put plastic sheets underneath so the carpet doesn't get wrecked. All of it is temporary until we can move. For cardio I already have a nice Nordictrack X24 bike, since my back and knees are bad.

In closing:

Since my last update we've been busy getting back in shape. Starting on the Reta and being motivated by it has helped enormously. I'm down a little over 20lbs since April 12th. The wife is around 13lbs as well. She mostly uses the treadmill. Our diet has been great.. high protein lower carbs and no sugar. Things are heading the right way… we're excited.
 
One more thing I want to mention.

When the scale stops dropping or slows down, don't panic and raise your dose. Think of Reta as a tool rather than a cure. As long as you stay consistent with your diet and training, Reta will make the process work better than it would on its own.

A lot of people drop weight rapidly during month 1 because their inflammation falls sharply. My own month 1 saw a loss of just over 15 pounds.

Then things slowed down for me, since I was lifting weights and eating in a way that let me shed fat while preserving or adding muscle. Since that first month, I've been dropping 5-10 pounds each month. Some days my weight creeps up, and there are even full weeks where it stays put. I stayed the course and trusted the routine I'd set up (while panicking a bit on the inside), and the pounds began coming off once more.
 
CharmanderInDisguise said:

One more thing I want to mention.

When the scale stops dropping or slows down, don't panic and raise your dose. Think of Reta as a tool rather than a cure. As long as you stay consistent with your diet and training, Reta will make the process work better than it would on its own.

A lot of people drop weight rapidly during month 1 because their inflammation falls sharply. My own month 1 saw a loss of just over 15 pounds.

Then things slowed down for me, since I was lifting weights and eating in a way that let me shed fat while preserving or adding muscle. Since that first month, I've been dropping 5-10 pounds each month. Some days my weight creeps up, and there are even full weeks where it stays put. I stayed the course and trusted the routine I'd set up (while panicking a bit on the inside), and the pounds began coming off once more.
Yeah, I hear you … There was a week where the scale didn’t move at all, and I even put a few pounds back on. My guess is it came from the movie popcorn we had. Even so … I know this is a marathon, and the results come easier when you’re putting in the effort 💪 Thanks for sharing that perspective. My wife, though, is a different story … she’s ready to bump things up right now 🤣 I keep telling her 13 pounds in a month is a solid pace, and dropping it too quickly can leave you with some flappy skin. If I remember right, she started at 156 and I started at 244. I was an athlete all through my younger years, but at 54 I feel about as far from athletic as it gets 🤣 Keep in mind I’ve also had a spinal fusion, but I’d like to feel at least somewhat athletic again. We’re both excited, and we’ve made lifestyle changes that appear to be working so far.
 
Reading the OP, my only thought was: take it slower. It's making my head spin. We've been using Tirzep for roughly 8 weeks now. Adding a few peps is something we'd like to do, but we're being very patient about it. I'd encourage you to follow that same approach.

Bill
 
Back
Top