Stalled progress and wondering why

LitBoi3200

Explorer
Joined
Jul 8, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver, Colorado, United States
I've been on r30 for what I think is 5 months now, and I've worked my way up to 60 units weekly. My starting weight was 350lbs and I've gotten down to 298lbs, but the Reta doesn't seem to be doing anything for me anymore. I'm probably still only consuming somewhere between 1400-2000 calories a day, yet the scale has barely budged, and on top of that my portions are getting larger and I'm having soda cravings again. I have no idea what's behind this. My Reta comes from a supplier I trust, and in the beginning it hit me like a train. Could I have stored it in the fridge incorrectly, making it weaker than it should be? I'm honestly just looking for some guidance.
 
Give the dose in mg, not units — 60 units tells us nothing without knowing how much bac water you used for dilution. And for a useful reply, what's your age, height and goal weight? How long have the scales been stuck?

If we assume a middling dose, say 5 or 6 mg, then the answer is probably that you need to titrate upward. It's entirely expected that the medication seems to lose potency over time, though that's driven mostly by the weight you've shed rather than the calendar — dropping 50 pounds is plenty to lower energy expenditure and raise appetite. Think of it this way: as more weight comes off, a bigger share of the drug's "work" goes toward holding off regain, so less is left over to drive additional loss. At a genuine plateau those two forces balance, and further loss won't happen without a higher dose. If you're already at 12mg, then I'd want details on age and height and so on before I could suggest anything. It's not out of the question that your reta degraded, but that would only happen if you mixed it and then stored it that way for months — as powder in the freezer it keeps for many years.
 
You're right about mg versus units. As an example, our dose is 58 units, which works out to 12mg given an R60/65mg fill mixed with 3ml BAC. After 9 months, both my wife and I have found that those initial sensations are no longer there, though it's still doing its job.
 
Setting the dosing question to one side, your calorie tracking needs to be tighter. When I started out at 235lbs, averaging 1400 calories per week would likely have put me above 2lbs of loss each week. If that average were 2000 calories per week, I'd have been sitting at maintenance with no weight coming off.

So work out what you need to eat for your chosen rate of loss (1.5 lbs a week, say), base it on the weight you are now, and run the numbers again each time you drop around 20lb. Once you have that calorie target, stick with it and aim to land as close to it as you can.
 
Back
Top