Stacking GLPs — does it help or hurt?

Since late March of this year I've been on Reta, settled at 2.25mg Monday and Thursday mornings, fasted (apart from the milk in my coffee!). It seems I responded better than most, since that level has held food noise down really effectively, and I managed to shed about 40 bs in 4 months. Lately though, the food noise has started coming back — thankfully it isn't pushing me towards crappy foods (candies, chips, fries, etc). Protein covers the cravings, but my daily calorie deficit has shrunk a lot. I've read that Tirz handles food noise better, so I'm weighing up replacing one of those two weekly Reta pins with Tirz, titrating from 1mg to 2.5 across a few weeks. Whether that's a good strategy I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. That said, comments are welcome. TIA
 
reta-stacker said:

Since late March of this year I've been on Reta, settled at 2.25mg Monday and Thursday mornings, fasted (apart from the milk in my coffee!). It seems I responded better than most, since that level has held food noise down really effectively, and I managed to shed about 40 bs in 4 months. Lately though, the food noise has started coming back — thankfully it isn't pushing me towards crappy foods (candies, chips, fries, etc). Protein covers the cravings, but my daily calorie deficit has shrunk a lot. I've read that Tirz handles food noise better, so I'm weighing up replacing one of those two weekly Reta pins with Tirz, titrating from 1mg to 2.5 across a few weeks. Whether that's a good strategy I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. That said, comments are welcome. TIA
My only feedback on this would be: Is it time to stack?

The one thing I'd ask here is: is it time to stack?

And is it doing its job?

If the loss is still happening, food noise or not, why change anything?

Me, I'd keep the stack in reserve, for a point where a stall actually calls for it.

Losing 40lbs across 4 months is stellar — plenty of people would envy that.

While you're still dropping 1-2lbs per week, staying the course seems sensible.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
 
woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
 
Skidude said:

reta-stacker said:

Since late March of this year I've been on Reta, settled at 2.25mg Monday and Thursday mornings, fasted (apart from the milk in my coffee!). It seems I responded better than most, since that level has held food noise down really effectively, and I managed to shed about 40 bs in 4 months. Lately though, the food noise has started coming back — thankfully it isn't pushing me towards crappy foods (candies, chips, fries, etc). Protein covers the cravings, but my daily calorie deficit has shrunk a lot. I've read that Tirz handles food noise better, so I'm weighing up replacing one of those two weekly Reta pins with Tirz, titrating from 1mg to 2.5 across a few weeks. Whether that's a good strategy I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. That said, comments are welcome. TIA
My only feedback on this would be: Is it time to stack?

The one thing I'd ask here is: is it time to stack?

And is it doing its job?

If the loss is still happening, food noise or not, why change anything?

Me, I'd keep the stack in reserve, for a point where a stall actually calls for it.

Losing 40lbs across 4 months is stellar — plenty of people would envy that.

While you're still dropping 1-2lbs per week, staying the course seems sensible.
Thanks, Skidude — probably wise advice, and thank you for th encouragement. Coming back to my earlier thinking on bringing in Tirz, I think part of it was that the cheaper Tirz would stretch my existing Reta stock and save a bit of money along the way. Not a big deal though.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
 
reta-stacker said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
Spreadsheets are my thing

You can set aside tabs for all sorts of things

Mine is up to 18 tabs now

Some cover purchase tracking, others usage and calculations

One tab holds links and descriptions

another is for diet info

a tab for the to-do list

and so on...
 
Skidude said:

reta-stacker said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
Spreadsheets are my thing

You can set aside tabs for all sorts of things

Mine is up to 18 tabs now

Some cover purchase tracking, others usage and calculations

One tab holds links and descriptions

another is for diet info

a tab for the to-do list

and so on...
Kinda scary how closely your tabs match mine. I'm fairly sure my mother never gave a sibling up for adoption, but...

8760f6d9234bb64f55b8ee902335dcef5678ea84c917677ef429c12685b74ae0.webp
 
FartfulCodger said:

Skidude said:

reta-stacker said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
Spreadsheets are my thing

You can set aside tabs for all sorts of things

Mine is up to 18 tabs now

Some cover purchase tracking, others usage and calculations

One tab holds links and descriptions

another is for diet info

a tab for the to-do list

and so on...
Kinda scary how closely your tabs match mine. I'm fairly sure my mother never gave a sibling up for adoption, but...

View attachment 75
hahaha!! Love it. I keep blood pressure records in a home-made paper notebook, list daily/weekly pin information on a wall calendar, and lean on peptide protocol sites to record similar info — and now I'm inspired to build one or more excel spreadsheets! Would you mind sharing your column and row headings?
 
wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
What makes you see stacking GLP1s as risky, given those combos are in human trials right now? The makers don't look especially wary of heading that way, so I'm wondering what gives you confidence in amylin-glp while glp-glp counts as “madness” . . . essentially, what are you reading that I'm not?
 
Seasonal1 said:

wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
My stack is Reta 4mg Monday and Tirz 7.5mg Friday, plus Cargi .250mg Wed which I've only just added, as I work towards my goal weight. Experimenting is exactly what I want to be doing. Which receptor — GLP1, GIP, Glucagon — or the amylin hormone is the one I need is something I want to establish, so that this disease of obesity is controlled for whatever life I have left. Nobody is the same, and what suits you may do nothing for me.

Somewhere down the line, if a good friend on here can point me toward a non-crypto source of eloralintide they trust, that's another one I'd like to test.

We all arrived here by different paths and we're each at a different stage of life. I accept your point of view and find it very valid. There was a time I thought GLPs were a dangerous cheat. Look at me now.
I've no idea how long you've been using glp. But how would anyone ever measure the efficacy of each one? Particularly when your compounding at what I'd assume a rather quick pace — another GLP in within 2-4 months AND amylin(s) after that, which ofc you know what they do. Where's the measurement of what's succeeding, and which combo is doing it?
 
lessthanhalf said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Truth is, stacking multiple GLP's has zero science behind it. What exists so far is the high dose sema studies at 7.2 and 16mg: no new unexpected adverse effects, not much extra weight loss, considerably more GI side effects and skin sensitivity, and 7.2mg sema got approved.

On stacking GLP's with amylin agonists, the cagrisema studies were broadly disappointing — less effective than plain tirz with far more side effects — while the tirz and elora results are very preliminary but sound amazing.

The one advantage stacking GLP drugs — reta/tirz/sema — offers is fiddling with how much each receptor gets hit, in pursuit of a slightly different profile from the drug alone. You might, for instance, tolerate a marginally higher total GLP dose by adding tirz to 12mg of reta instead of pushing reta past 12mg, since reta carries slightly worse GI effects and more skin sensitivity, and tirz has the stronger GIP agonism that may take the edge off reta's GI effects.

Plenty of people do it purely to experiment with no obvious rationale at all, particularly at lower doses, though it can still help maximise the effects-to-side-effects ratio. Everyone seems to believe tirz is better for food noise, so it must be true, and that often gets used to justify combining reta with tirz.

Following a year of side effects on low dose sema, tirz at 15mg surprised me with how few side effects it brought — and having lost 70kg a couple of years earlier I was still hungry, so instead of swapping over I added reta 5mg in, which looked like the lower risk of stuffing things up. Another 13kg or so came off during the following year. Neither reta nor tirz can go up any further without my skin sensitivity getting much worse, so I tried a bit of cagri to see whether it curbed hunger, 0.5mg/w, maybe? A year of reta/tirz has produced no bad effects so far, holding at 55% weight loss, Hb1ac down from 5 to 4.5 (not diabetic, but fasting sugars used to be on the high side), lipids improved, though with statins ezetimibe in play the glp effect isn't visible.

All else being equal, going above standard doses of tirz or reta, or combining the two, probably doesn't make a big difference — the exception being when one of them generates more or fewer side effects, in which case swapping or combining makes better sense. Low dose sema added in might be sensible, but seeing as overall it buys a lot less effectiveness for a lot more side effects, adding more reta or tirz is usually the smarter move.

Overall, adding elora to tirz actually has been studied, so even with the results far too early it looks very promising, and by analogy the same applies to reta plus elora, or cagri where availability or cost is the obstacle. Bringing in a drug that works on an entirely separate receptor system makes more sense for sidestepping the diminishing returns problem. Cagri plus sema did not deliver much more weight loss than sema alone, but elora plus tirz showed an extra 11% over 32 weeks over just tirz - this is the only really solid evidence for substantial additive extra weight loss of any combination. My strong suspicion is that reta/elora and tirz/elora will become the state of the art treatment for severe obesity, ( may even replace most bariatric surgery ) and perhaps for less severe obesity too, since lower total doses of each might give better results with fewer side effects than higher doses of a single drug. Studies will be needed, though, and cost may prove the biggest problem for anyone not using grey sources.

As of now the safety of high doses of reta or tirz, or their combinations, isn't known; given how well understood their pharmacology is, and the high dose sema studies, extra unexpected side effects from higher doses or combos look unlikely — but the risk isn't zero. My usual reasoning here is that high doses or combos are really only needed in severe obesity where max doses failed to produce adequate weight loss, and the risks of that residual obesity are probably greater than the risks of the drugs treating it. These drugs lower mortality in high risk groups and ease many specific medical problems, and that benefit very likely dwarfs the possible downside of high doses or combos. So far the evidence says maximum doses beat lower doses at preventing diabetes or heart disease, with nothing on higher doses — mildly reassuring, and it's possible higher doses cut mortality and cardiovascular disease further still, though information on that is very unlikely to appear anytime soon.

The clear downside of higher doses, or of combining reta and tirz, is the diminishing returns problem. Beyond a certain point more drug simply brings more side effects and no further weight loss. The high dose sema studies make that plain, though equivalent data for reta or tirz doesn't exist yet apart from one paper I found modelling projected effects from higher doses of the various GLP's. The lack of evidence notwithstanding, there is zero doubt the effect is real — what isn't known is the dose at which it becomes obvious, and it quite likely depends on individual response, with those suffering relatively fewer side effects or less weight loss at standard maximum doses tolerating higher ceilings.
That was a great take and a real insight. And then just the med review, from first gen GLP(Sema) through Tirz, then Reta, CagriSema — each one stepped the scale up for weight loss/body fat/visceral fat, with fewer side effects again. As I said in another comment, there's more still further down the pipeline. It's almost the design of a perfect drug — which is nearly always unheard of and unachievable. My question came out of curiosity, but also bcuz IMHO unless the user takes their time and has the means to gather data and track metrics so they can tell whether they're compounding (speaking-GLPs/Amylins) A+B, then C a month later, then D 1-2 months after that, how can a person tell truly what is & isn't working...beyond that, is it possibly setting them up for resistance further down the line. Thank you again for the feedback.
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
18mg of Reta, really? What made you decide to go that high?
 
3.5 years on mounjaro is what my mom has behind her. Name brand, since uncontrolled diabetes for roughly 20 years had her finally trying something new. Her A1c dropped from a regular 13 to 5.5 inside about 9 months. She's at 15mg now — mounjaro's max — and the last 6 months have seen her slowly gaining again. A decent amount of weight did come off, but very slowly over those 3 years, nothing like me. With the scale turning back up and her blood sugars creeping upward, a small dose of a second drug is on her mind; it's all so new, and studies about the higher doses are few, so who knows. Maybe access to like up to 30mg will arrive. Life changing it has been, yet if it quits on you at 3 years….for people who genuinely have diabetes that doesn't bode well for long term use.
 
CrimsonTaco47 said:

3.5 years on mounjaro is what my mom has behind her. Name brand, since uncontrolled diabetes for roughly 20 years had her finally trying something new. Her A1c dropped from a regular 13 to 5.5 inside about 9 months. She's at 15mg now — mounjaro's max — and the last 6 months have seen her slowly gaining again. A decent amount of weight did come off, but very slowly over those 3 years, nothing like me. With the scale turning back up and her blood sugars creeping upward, a small dose of a second drug is on her mind; it's all so new, and studies about the higher doses are few, so who knows. Maybe access to like up to 30mg will arrive. Life changing it has been, yet if it quits on you at 3 years….for people who genuinely have diabetes that doesn't bode well for long term use.
And that's the really frightening part. Even w/non DMII patients, unless very specific parameters are in place. Insulin resistance is the key element. Hopefully the other drugs in the pipeline will settle this. For non-diabetics it ought to be something you take until it doesn't need taking, and for diabetics, well...medicine is at a point where it ought to be curable. But the obvious answer is “they can't do that for either” because this really is a miracle drug for all, and removing the want-need-demand would collapse research and stock — the sheer money — which explains itself. It's deeply unfortunate. I hope things work out for her. It's a terrible disease.
 
CrimsonTaco47 said:

3.5 years on mounjaro is what my mom has behind her. Name brand, since uncontrolled diabetes for roughly 20 years had her finally trying something new. Her A1c dropped from a regular 13 to 5.5 inside about 9 months. She's at 15mg now — mounjaro's max — and the last 6 months have seen her slowly gaining again. A decent amount of weight did come off, but very slowly over those 3 years, nothing like me. With the scale turning back up and her blood sugars creeping upward, a small dose of a second drug is on her mind; it's all so new, and studies about the higher doses are few, so who knows. Maybe access to like up to 30mg will arrive. Life changing it has been, yet if it quits on you at 3 years….for people who genuinely have diabetes that doesn't bode well for long term use.
Is the tirzepatide here medically prescribed and supplied? With the name brand and the diabetes I'd guess so. What's a real pity is that, at least so far, nothing comes close to a medically viable answer — the kind a working doctor would regard as safe to use or recommend. The only approved option with actual trial data is the high dose sema, and since 15mg of tirz beats 7.2mg of sema it's of no real use. A high dose tirz study is underway, but even the dose under study isn't obtainable.

SLGT2i's shift weight a little by making you pee out about 200 kcal of sugar a day, so they can be added if she isn't already on them — though their real value lies in sugar control and in preventing heart and kidney disease rather than in causing weight loss.

Diabetics losing less weight on GLP drugs than non diabetics is entirely expected. Sadly the only route I know to improve weight loss there is either raising the tirz dose via grey sources, or better still using elora as an add on. Experimenting with high doses or combo therapies in older, less medically well and diabetic persons is far less safe — more things can go wrong, more often, with potentially worse consequences — so doing it without full medical knowledge , support and regular check ups and monitoring is a great deal more dangerous. My reasoning is that in severe obesity the risks of high doses or combos sit below the risks of the obesity itself, but if the person is older , diabetic or unwell that becomes a much more complicated question.
 
CrimsonTaco47 said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
18mg of Reta, really? What made you decide to go that high?

I took Reta weekly as far as 20mg, and might return to it.

The dose went up to lose weight, since adverse sides weren't holding me back. 29% came off in 34 weeks, basically exactly at my target 1% week/week loss rate.
 
woundcarping said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
18mg of Reta, really? What made you decide to go that high?

I took Reta weekly as far as 20mg, and might return to it.

The dose went up to lose weight, since adverse sides weren't holding me back. 29% came off in 34 weeks, basically exactly at my target 1% week/week loss rate.
One study I read attempted to model the weight loss effects of the various GLP drugs mathematically, and it suggested Reta was most likely the one with the best headroom for increased doses — in theory it could produce more extra weight loss at higher doses before hitting diminishing returns, assuming side effects stay out of the way. Hardly anyone seems to run higher reta doses though; high dose tirz appears more popular. It looked like average losses of 40% or so might be reachable at doses of 20 to 30mg.
 
lessthanhalf said:

woundcarping said:

CrimsonTaco47 said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
18mg of Reta, really? What made you decide to go that high?

I took Reta weekly as far as 20mg, and might return to it.

The dose went up to lose weight, since adverse sides weren't holding me back. 29% came off in 34 weeks, basically exactly at my target 1% week/week loss rate.
One study I read attempted to model the weight loss effects of the various GLP drugs mathematically, and it suggested Reta was most likely the one with the best headroom for increased doses — in theory it could produce more extra weight loss at higher doses before hitting diminishing returns, assuming side effects stay out of the way. Hardly anyone seems to run higher reta doses though; high dose tirz appears more popular. It looked like average losses of 40% or so might be reachable at doses of 20 to 30mg.

If it's the study I have in mind, it landed before the Phase 3 Reta data did, though I went through it while working my way up to higher doses. It'll be interesting to watch how their projections hold up over time.

At 200lb, my first goal weight, I paused both Sema and Reta doses so my accumulated levels could fall a long way, letting my system settle. The plan: skip a dose or two, wait for appetite and food noise to come flooding back, then restart at whatever level that data point suggested. The flood never arrived, surprisingly. I restarted at the point my level dropped to the trough of ~8mg/week (11 days between Reta doses, 13 days for Sema), and oddly enough I hit a new low (199lb) and have held that goal weight since.

I'll give it a while longer, and if no new lows appear, I'll adjust the dosing accordingly.





81391b7390b6672fedd2208cdcd068b2ece0e88f60012c024a9134084db4cb76.webp


7a5f6eb58682d4761b52567c674ad4714029cd2f71ba512a9d91631f8fc82f47.webp
 
wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
Someone will be on 4mg of Reta and then start adding other glps on top, all before they've even reached half of the max dose. My guess is that the phrase "max dose" itself puts off people who don't really grasp the mechanics of any of this.
 
Back
Top