Stacking GLPs — does it help or hurt?

Ahmyrlynd

Explorer
Joined
May 22, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix US
As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks
 
Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Combination trials are running at the moment. Tirz + elora looks especially promising. Sema + cag, less so. I'd assume that if side effects outweighed the benefits, those studies would be halted. Any drug carries drawbacks. Plenty of people skip cagri; its reputation has dulled somewhat.

Look around this site and you'll find no shortage of posts from individuals stacking GLP1s, cagri, etc. They're not hard to find. Ask whether it's good or bad and you might as well be asking, “Are Gala apples good?” Everyone has their own preference.
 
Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





1c227b374a75c6719a2d49a28aa287cf3dd17a06a9bf6268f164fa8e370a54ba.webp


5974eae4423792209bde686add14b77c504987909d41f68dbecb84320bd9ed05.webp
 
I read everything I can find on glp, and I'm still reluctant to add a second glp alongside my tirz. I'm down 50 pounds now but still have a chunk to go, and the temptation is real — yet tirz has treated me so well, no side effects whatsoever, that I'd rather just stay on it forever.

All that said, yes, there's an In Case of Emergency Break Glass kit of reta in my freezer. When I once tried adding Cagri I discovered a mild allergy to it. Elora and Maz are on my watch list, but for now I plod along with Tirz. I simply don't WANT to be jabbing myself multiple times. Simple suits me, for as long as that remains possible.

Nor am I convinced by the receptor burnout worry people raise, mainly because there is zero science backing that theory, so far. Does stacking GLPs raise the chances of it happening? Still an unanswered part of this discussion.
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Your signature did the work for me. I got my answer without having to ask.
 
AngieHolmes said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Combination trials are running at the moment. Tirz + elora looks especially promising. Sema + cag, less so. I'd assume that if side effects outweighed the benefits, those studies would be halted. Any drug carries drawbacks. Plenty of people skip cagri; its reputation has dulled somewhat.

Look around this site and you'll find no shortage of posts from individuals stacking GLP1s, cagri, etc. They're not hard to find. Ask whether it's good or bad and you might as well be asking, “Are Gala apples good?” Everyone has their own preference.

AngieHolmes said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Combination trials are running at the moment. Tirz + elora looks especially promising. Sema + cag, less so. I'd assume that if side effects outweighed the benefits, those studies would be halted. Any drug carries drawbacks. Plenty of people skip cagri; its reputation has dulled somewhat.

Look around this site and you'll find no shortage of posts from individuals stacking GLP1s, cagri, etc. They're not hard to find. Ask whether it's good or bad and you might as well be asking, “Are Gala apples good?” Everyone has their own preference.
No, amylins weren't what I was asking about. I meant GLP on top of GLP. Looks like that part got left out when I was typing my notes up for the post.

spanky2026 said:

I read everything I can find on glp, and I'm still reluctant to add a second glp alongside my tirz. I'm down 50 pounds now but still have a chunk to go, and the temptation is real — yet tirz has treated me so well, no side effects whatsoever, that I'd rather just stay on it forever.

All that said, yes, there's an In Case of Emergency Break Glass kit of reta in my freezer. When I once tried adding Cagri I discovered a mild allergy to it. Elora and Maz are on my watch list, but for now I plod along with Tirz. I simply don't WANT to be jabbing myself multiple times. Simple suits me, for as long as that remains possible.

Nor am I convinced by the receptor burnout worry people raise, mainly because there is zero science backing that theory, so far. Does stacking GLPs raise the chances of it happening? Still an unanswered part of this discussion.
That's a sound way to approach it. You raise receptor burn out at the end. My instinct is that it's very real, though not in the way Mu or GABA receptors behave, where messing with them on purpose leaves you stuck with the consequences for good. As for the mechanism and what they do — Sema is Q, Tirz is RS, Reta is TUV, and further experimental ones are already in the pipeline. I find that genuinely fascinating, and I've not come across it (though I may not have looked hard enough) with any other drug. Each company has brought theirs out, none of them have finished perfecting the right version, and people are still getting results, saving lives and suffering less harm. Wild.
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
That's awesome! What I was asking about specifically is combining or taking two GLPs at once, rather than trying one of the many amylins as you described. Plenty of of both people take amylin+GLP (that part has been studied), but my concern was GLP+GLP. awesome work again 👍
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??
 
Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
 
Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
 
wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…

Doesn't seem like this site is your crowd, but enjoy that risk averse medical supervision while you use grey market peptides.
 
woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)
 
Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)

No, and no.

Tolerance isn't something I worry about with any of them.

Sema was new to me, I fancied giving it a go, and it did fine. Adding Tirz instead would also have been fine, and probably less sides.

When I switched over to Reta, I'd been on 5mg of Tirz.
 
woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)

No, and no.

Tolerance isn't something I worry about with any of them.

Sema was new to me, I fancied giving it a go, and it did fine. Adding Tirz instead would also have been fine, and probably less sides.

When I switched over to Reta, I'd been on 5mg of Tirz.
You see this in so many of these threads, both the recent ones and going back years.

The same arguments come up again and again, and to me they don't make a lot of sense.

Upping the dose while on Reta lifts all 3 at once: GLP1, GIP, and Glucagon

Leave the dose alone and add Sema instead, and what you're increasing is the GLP1 portion alone, with no change to the other 2 (GIP and Glucagon)

Basically the one “receptor” difference from simply taking more Reta is that only 1 of the actives gets touched.

Which lets you take the GLP1 advantages shown in the diagram below.

It seems to make good sense that with Reta you can mix and match as you please without introducing any “New” active ingredients.

35a9399616ead2d0c43cb18464507a8bc04f34da41edc891c8d5921f964b0df7.webp
 
Skidude said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)

No, and no.

Tolerance isn't something I worry about with any of them.

Sema was new to me, I fancied giving it a go, and it did fine. Adding Tirz instead would also have been fine, and probably less sides.

When I switched over to Reta, I'd been on 5mg of Tirz.
You see this in so many of these threads, both the recent ones and going back years.

The same arguments come up again and again, and to me they don't make a lot of sense.

Upping the dose while on Reta lifts all 3 at once: GLP1, GIP, and Glucagon

Leave the dose alone and add Sema instead, and what you're increasing is the GLP1 portion alone, with no change to the other 2 (GIP and Glucagon)

Basically the one “receptor” difference from simply taking more Reta is that only 1 of the actives gets touched.

Which lets you take the GLP1 advantages shown in the diagram below.

It seems to make good sense that with Reta you can mix and match as you please without introducing any “New” active ingredients.

View attachment 74
Plenty of the people who speak negatively about stacking glps (and who haven't stacked glps themselves) seem not to have researched much into how the different agonists act and how strong they are relative to one another.
 
ladyj779 said:

Skidude said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)

No, and no.

Tolerance isn't something I worry about with any of them.

Sema was new to me, I fancied giving it a go, and it did fine. Adding Tirz instead would also have been fine, and probably less sides.

When I switched over to Reta, I'd been on 5mg of Tirz.
You see this in so many of these threads, both the recent ones and going back years.

The same arguments come up again and again, and to me they don't make a lot of sense.

Upping the dose while on Reta lifts all 3 at once: GLP1, GIP, and Glucagon

Leave the dose alone and add Sema instead, and what you're increasing is the GLP1 portion alone, with no change to the other 2 (GIP and Glucagon)

Basically the one “receptor” difference from simply taking more Reta is that only 1 of the actives gets touched.

Which lets you take the GLP1 advantages shown in the diagram below.

It seems to make good sense that with Reta you can mix and match as you please without introducing any “New” active ingredients.

View attachment 74
Plenty of the people who speak negatively about stacking glps (and who haven't stacked glps themselves) seem not to have researched much into how the different agonists act and how strong they are relative to one another.
I don't want to sound as though I “know” — it's just a theory, or maybe a hypothesis?

After all, isn't raising your dose just the same thing as stacking? just different strengths. More reta simply means more of everything that's in all 3, obviously in different numbers.

The only caveat I'd add is: is there any need to.

I got very lucky in responding well, and we keep learning how differently these peps behave between people. I was prepared to stack if needed, but chose to hold off until a stall left me no other option.

As it stands this is only my opinion, based on what looks like straightforward arithmetic.

I'd love to hear what others make of the above “theory”.
 
Thinking about adding Reta to my tirz purely for the extra liver fat burning it gives. Then again there is a study running on tirz and liver fat, so the difference may be nominal. We'll see. Research on all of them keeps growing and I bet combos will feature in it.

For now the Reta kits stay in the freezer: tirz works great for me, I'm within 10 pounds of my goal, and I've heard horror stories of people jumping around between these things only to find afterwards that the old one doesn't work as well as it did before the switch.
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Those graphics say a lot. Congrats.
 
Skidude said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Riviera said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
Interesting - thanks for the post -very informative- and congrats on the huge weightloss.

This is interesting — thanks for writing it up — really informative — and well done on the enormous weightloss.

My own reta has stalled — mostly dealing with food noice — cravings really.

The idea was to add tirz alongside it — my reta dose is low — 2mg twice a week - 4mg total/wk

Going by your graph, you were also splitting your doses across twice per week ?

And a very small amount .125mg of sema x 2 per week was enough to kill the cravings ??

Almost everything gets split, for me.

.25mg of Sema hit me like a ton of bricks; the delayed Reta dose/hiccup shows up on the Reta chart. I'd intended .25mg 2x weekly, which would have been quite a ride.

For you the straightforward answer is simply more Reta.
You went with sema since you'd built up no tolerance to it, right ??? — meaning it would land harder than the tirz, which you said you'd used previously and so probably had some tolerance to, correct (you mentioned weighing up 5mg of triz)

No, and no.

Tolerance isn't something I worry about with any of them.

Sema was new to me, I fancied giving it a go, and it did fine. Adding Tirz instead would also have been fine, and probably less sides.

When I switched over to Reta, I'd been on 5mg of Tirz.
You see this in so many of these threads, both the recent ones and going back years.

The same arguments come up again and again, and to me they don't make a lot of sense.

Upping the dose while on Reta lifts all 3 at once: GLP1, GIP, and Glucagon

Leave the dose alone and add Sema instead, and what you're increasing is the GLP1 portion alone, with no change to the other 2 (GIP and Glucagon)

Basically the one “receptor” difference from simply taking more Reta is that only 1 of the actives gets touched.

Which lets you take the GLP1 advantages shown in the diagram below.

It seems to make good sense that with Reta you can mix and match as you please without introducing any “New” active ingredients.

View attachment 74
Lovely chart! appreciate you putting it up.
 
woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book
 
Back
Top