Stacking GLPs — does it help or hurt?

wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
Every Friday I take 7.5mg of Tirz, Mondays are for 4mg Reta, and I've just added Cargi at .250mg on Wednesdays while I push toward my goal weight. Experimenting is exactly what I want to do. My aim is to figure out whether the GLP1, GIP, Glucagon receptors or the amylin hormone is what I need to keep my obesity disease under control for the rest of my life. No two people are the same, so your solution might not be mine.

If one of my close friends in this community ever points me toward a trustworthy, non-crypto eloralintide source, I intend to try that as well.

Each of us arrived here by a different route, and we're all at different points in our lives. Your perspective is completely valid, and I accept it. There was a time when I saw GLPs as a risky shortcut. Now look at me.
 
TooGood76 said:

wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
Someone will be on 4mg of Reta and then start adding other glps on top, all before they've even reached half of the max dose. My guess is that the phrase "max dose" itself puts off people who don't really grasp the mechanics of any of this.
I didn't get results from reta at 4mg. The combo that does the trick for me is 2.5mg reta alongside 2mg tirz. Why is maxing out a single glp treated as better than running 2 glps together at doses you can tolerate? I'm trying to figure out where your concern is coming from . . . it sounds like you're assuming everyone agrees that taking one glp to the top is untouchable, and that's not something I've run into before. Maybe I'm just not someone who gets how this all fits together (likely). Could you break it down?
 
Seasonal1 said:

wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…
Every Friday I take 7.5mg of Tirz, Mondays are for 4mg Reta, and I've just added Cargi at .250mg on Wednesdays while I push toward my goal weight. Experimenting is exactly what I want to do. My aim is to figure out whether the GLP1, GIP, Glucagon receptors or the amylin hormone is what I need to keep my obesity disease under control for the rest of my life. No two people are the same, so your solution might not be mine.

If one of my close friends in this community ever points me toward a trustworthy, non-crypto eloralintide source, I intend to try that as well.

Each of us arrived here by a different route, and we're all at different points in our lives. Your perspective is completely valid, and I accept it. There was a time when I saw GLPs as a risky shortcut. Now look at me.
Exactly, right?…Picture discovering that there are guidelines we're expected to obey when it comes to gray market GLPs…

Mixing things up suits me just fine…That's the nature of research…😎
 
reta-stacker said:

FartfulCodger said:

Skidude said:

reta-stacker said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
Spreadsheets are my thing

You can set aside tabs for all sorts of things

Mine is up to 18 tabs now

Some cover purchase tracking, others usage and calculations

One tab holds links and descriptions

another is for diet info

a tab for the to-do list

and so on...
Kinda scary how closely your tabs match mine. I'm fairly sure my mother never gave a sibling up for adoption, but...

View attachment 75
hahaha!! Love it. I keep blood pressure records in a home-made paper notebook, list daily/weekly pin information on a wall calendar, and lean on peptide protocol sites to record similar info — and now I'm inspired to build one or more excel spreadsheets! Would you mind sharing your column and row headings?
Hang tight—I'm away for the weekend. I'll reach out by DM next week!
 
Ahmyrlynd said:


As the title says stacking, is it positive or negative?

Obviously people do this, but are there potential draw backs to doing it? It's being done because X(GLP) isn't working for them either appetite curbing or continuation of weight loss etc, so they add another hoping that does it and I've seen it with all the GLPs. I asked a person on another platform why they chose to add an additional GLP instead of adding or at least trying Cagrilintide first? I didn't get a logical answer.

I haven't seen any studies(if there are I'd love to read them) other than Mono-GLP use? Just in opinion only- it would seem that it would have benefits short terms IF side effects are tolerable. Those side effects possibly would continue and likely get worse. Lastly in the longer term, it would likely??? be more negative overall once your goal had been achieved and you now want to maintain weight ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). I don't know anyone personally & I have not done this, these are simply thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or person experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks much

Click to expand...
When it comes to combining several GLP's, there is no scientific evidence at all. The only data available comes from high dose sema trials at 7.2 and 16mg. Those trials found no novel unexpected adverse events, only modest additional weight reduction, and a marked increase in GI side effects plus skin sensitivity. On that basis, 7.2mg sema received approval.

As for pairing GLP's with amylin agonists, the cagrisema trials were largely underwhelming — less effective than tirz alone while producing far more side effects — whereas very early data on tirz plus elora looks extremely encouraging.

The sole benefit of stacking GLP drugs (reta/tirz/sema) lies in tweaking the relative balance of receptor effects, in hopes of getting a slightly different profile than any single drug gives. For instance, you might tolerate a somewhat larger total GLP dose by adding tirz to 12mg of reta instead of pushing reta above 12mg, since reta tends to cause worse GI issues and more skin sensitivity, while tirz has stronger GIP agonism that could lessen the GI problems from reta.

Many people simply experiment with no clear rationale, particularly at lower doses, yet it can still help optimize the effects-to-side-effects ratio. There is a widespread belief that tirz handles food noise better — so it must be true — and this frequently gets used to justify combining reta with tirz.

After a year of side effects from low dose sema, I was pleasantly surprised by how few side effects I had with tirz at 15mg, and was still hungry after losing 70kg a couple of years before, so I added in reta 5mg rather than swapped to it as it seemed like a lower risk of stuffing things up approach. And dropped another 13kg or so in the next year. I cannot increase current doses of either reta or tirz without getting much worse skin sensitivity side effects, so I added in a bit of cagri to see if it made me less hungry, 0.5mg/w, maybe? No bad effects from a year of reta/tirz yet, maintaining at 55% weight loss, Hb1ac dropped from 5 to 4.5 ( not diabetic, but originally had highish fasting sugars ) , lipids improved, but on statins ezetimibe so not possible to see glp effect.

All else being equal, I doubt there is much difference between escalating tirz or reta beyond standard doses versus combining them — unless one produces more or fewer side effects, in which case switching to it or using a combo makes more sense. Perhaps adding low dose sema is reasonable, but since it is overall far less effective with far more side effects, adding more reta or tirz is usually the better choice.

On the whole, adding elora to tirz has actually been studied, so even though the findings are far too preliminary, it does look very promising, and by extension this likely holds for reta plus elora, or cagri if availability or cost is a problem. Introducing a drug that acts on a completely different receptor system makes more sense for avoiding the diminishing returns problem. Cagri plus sema did not show a lot more weight loss than just sema, but elora plus tirz showed an extra 11% over 32 weeks over just tirz - this is the only really solid evidence for substantial additive extra weight loss of any combination. I strongly suspect reta/elora and tirz/elora will be the state of the art treatment for severe obesity, ( may even replace most bariatric surgery ) and maybe even less severe obesity, as lower total doses of each might produce better results at lower rates of side effects , than higher doses of one drug. But it will need studies, and the cost might be the biggest problem, for those not using grey sources.

Right now, the safety of high dose reta or tirz or their combos is unknown. Given how thoroughly their pharmacology is understood, and the high dose sema trials, extra unexpected side effects from higher doses or combinations seem unlikely, but the risk is not zero. My usual reasoning here is that high doses or combos are truly needed only in severe obesity where max doses failed to deliver adequate weight loss, and the dangers of that residual obesity are probably greater than the dangers of the drugs used to treat it. These drugs lower mortality in high risk groups and help many specific medical conditions, and this benefit very likely far outweighs any possible harm from high doses or combos. So far there is evidence that maximum doses are more effective than lower doses at preventing diabetes or heart disease, no evidence on higher doses, but this is a bit reassuring, and it is possible that higher doses reduce mortality and cardiovascular disease even more, but info on this is very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

The clear drawback of higher doses or of combining reta and tirz is the diminishing returns problem — past some threshold, more drug merely brings more side effects without additional weight loss. This is plain from the high dose sema trials, though such data does not yet exist for reta or tirz apart from one paper I found modelling projected effects of higher doses of various GLP's. Despite the evidence gap, there is zero doubt the effect is real; what remains unknown is the dose at which it becomes obvious, and it very likely depends on individual responses, with maximum tolerated doses being higher in those who get relatively fewer side effects or less weight loss at standard maximum doses.
 
FartfulCodger said:

reta-stacker said:

FartfulCodger said:

Skidude said:

reta-stacker said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Turbo-Farmer said:

woundcarping said:

Ahmyrlynd said:

As the title says, stacking — is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Clearly people do it, but what are the potential downsides? The reason it happens is that one GLP isn't doing the job for them, whether for appetite suppression or for keeping the weight coming off, so they add a second one and hope that does it — I've seen this across every GLP. I asked somebody on another platform why they'd add another GLP rather than adding, or at least trying, Cagrilintide first? No logical answer came back.

I'm not aware of any studies (I'd love to read them if they exist) covering anything but Mono-GLP use? Short term — and this is opinion only — there would seem to be benefits IF the side effects stay tolerable. Those side effects would probably persist, and likely worsen. Longer term it would likely??? come out worse overall, once you've hit your goal and are trying to hold the weight steady ie;(insulin resistance/metabolic function etc). No personal experience & I haven't tried it, these are nothing more than thoughts & or opinions.

Any thoughts, feedback or personal experience would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Are you asking about a GLP stacked on another GLP, or stacking more broadly? Either way, credit to you for being new and opening a thread with some substance to it.

Broadly I hold to the view that less is more, provided it still works. The extra peptides cost hopefully fairly little.

My 18mg/week of Reta got Sema added on, to bring food noise down and to break a stall that creatine was fuelling (not a real one). I have basically anything worth trying on hand; Sema got the nod because it's widely used and I hadn't tried it yet (Tirz and Reta I had). What I was after was simply food noise suppression, and I assumed a GLP1 would give me that. Cagri and Elora are sitting there, but if a little Sema does the trick then my amylin agonising can be saved for later if I need it.

Sema did the job. Its sides were mild in absolute terms, but the relative ones stood out next to 5mg of Tirz or as much as 20mg of Reta. Not unpleasant, and it taught me that my current personal tolerance is ~.125mg 2x weekly at that level of Reta.

Between 6/11 and 8/5 I went from 223lb down to 200lb. Part of that will be water dropping off once I stopped the creatine.

My last dose of either GLP1 was 8/3. After dropping 29% of my weight in 34 weeks I've been letting my system settle (Sleep and RHR). Hunger and food noise should have come roaring back; instead it's been remarkably quiet. Yesterday I hit a new low at 199lb. There's still ~20lb to go; I plan on taking 4mg Friday (2x weekly) even if food noise and appetite are still basically flat. My levels haven't been this low since late February — I started Reta on 1/10.

That's my thinking, my reasoning, and where I currently stand.





View attachment 72

View attachment 73
nice charts, i use a lab book and a calendar with hand written notes. There are apps too, but I can't keep up with them the way I manage my lab book

Handwriting is something I abhor, so the electronic route suits me… some friends of mine are the reverse — they like handwriting and can't stand electronic notes.
Electronic notes do get used, for the AI medical advice I get.

Even so I stay with my lab book, just as I did while taking my chemistry degree in the 80s, back when computers still meant mainframes and laptops were new, heavy and out of reach.
Same here, possibly. There are a couple of online sites I lean on for tracking protocols and inventory, and yet I suspect a dedicated notebook would suit me better. Perhaps it's something tactile, the same reason some people never take to ereaders and would rather hold a real peperback!
Spreadsheets are my thing

You can set aside tabs for all sorts of things

Mine is up to 18 tabs now

Some cover purchase tracking, others usage and calculations

One tab holds links and descriptions

another is for diet info

a tab for the to-do list

and so on...
Kinda scary how closely your tabs match mine. I'm fairly sure my mother never gave a sibling up for adoption, but...

View attachment 75
hahaha!! Love it. I keep blood pressure records in a home-made paper notebook, list daily/weekly pin information on a wall calendar, and lean on peptide protocol sites to record similar info — and now I'm inspired to build one or more excel spreadsheets! Would you mind sharing your column and row headings?
Hang tight—I'm away for the weekend. I'll reach out by DM next week!
That's really helpful, thank you.
 
woundcarping said:

wheymaster1 said:

Madness. Some of the people on here have a high risk tolerance and are eager to experiment. To me, stacking 2 glp1 ra (sema alongside reta, tirz alongside reta..etc) seems strange and possibly harmful. Going up to the highest tested/tolerated dose first looks more logical, and only then, if more is still needed, stack something with a different MOA (cagri/elora). At what point is more needed? What is the most optimum weight loss rate ? Those are hard questions with no medical supervision…

Doesn't seem like this site is your crowd, but enjoy that risk averse medical supervision while you use grey market peptides.
Yep, this is a slippery slope. You start with 1 batch of peptides, then you pick up another. Since they're sitting in the freezer, the temptation is to run an experiment and layer them — 1, 2, 3. No issues there. Whether you test or not, everyone is taking a chance, and that goes for whether your lot turns out safe and solid after all the filtration, sterile vials, and the "gold standard" Hospira. Like most folks here, I'd never touch grey if my prescription were covered by insurance or reimbursed through my public health insurance department — but that isn't happening any time soon, which is exactly why I'm here. With that said, I'm lucky: 5 mg tirz got me to my goal weight, and since I'm not in your shoes, there's no need for me to stack or even raise my dose. Still, my finger itches to order some reta, maybe some cagri/elora… but I've already got a 3 year supply of tirz, so I'm set for now. I keep up with check ups and supervision too — I just tell them I'm on Mounjaro. 🤞🙂🙏
 
Back
Top