Stack Advice Needed

Memo85

Explorer
Joined
Feb 26, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
Right now I'm taking

TRT and Reta

Reta began on

2/19/26

Reta dose is 4mg (currently in week 9)

I'm 46 years old, 5'11"

Starting weight: 221

Current weight: 203

I'm thinking about adding these to my routine

CJC/Ipa, Tesa, and Klow

A shoulder problem kept me out of the gym for 2 years, but I'm now ready to start training again.

What do you all think or what has your experience been with this stack?

Thanks
 
How many mg of reta are in those 40 units? I'd like to know the actual dose, since 40 units looks like a large volume for someone just starting, though I don't know what the concentration of Reta is in those units.
 
Honestly, running 3 GH secretagogues is likely overkill. If your aim is a big GH increase, HGH itself is the simpler route—at 46, suppressing your own GH output isn't much of a concern. If you'd rather stay away from that, then Tesa/Ipa: cutting one of the GH secretagogues frees up cash for extra Tesa or KLOW. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve with this stack?
 
ThunderBird said:

Honestly, running 3 GH secretagogues is likely overkill. If your aim is a big GH increase, HGH itself is the simpler route—at 46, suppressing your own GH output isn't much of a concern. If you'd rather stay away from that, then Tesa/Ipa: cutting one of the GH secretagogues frees up cash for extra Tesa or KLOW. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve with this stack?
Appreciate the response. My goal is to reach 185-190 while adding some muscle. Typically when I train, I end up bulking and carrying fairly high BF. As I get older, I don't want to lift too heavy and put myself at risk of injury. What I'm really after, I suppose, is fat loss (bringing my bmi down) plus building muscle. I've got a shoulder issue that keeps nagging (rotator cuff) along with my foot (plantar fasciitis). Right now I'm relatively healthy and want to stay that way.
 
Get bloodwork done first, IGF included, then start hgh at 2 iu per day. That approach costs far less than using ipa/cjc and/or tesa. Repeat the labs 8-12 weeks later.
 
Memo85 said:

ThunderBird said:

Honestly, running 3 GH secretagogues is likely overkill. If your aim is a big GH increase, HGH itself is the simpler route—at 46, suppressing your own GH output isn't much of a concern. If you'd rather stay away from that, then Tesa/Ipa: cutting one of the GH secretagogues frees up cash for extra Tesa or KLOW. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve with this stack?
Appreciate the response. My goal is to reach 185-190 while adding some muscle. Typically when I train, I end up bulking and carrying fairly high BF. As I get older, I don't want to lift too heavy and put myself at risk of injury. What I'm really after, I suppose, is fat loss (bringing my bmi down) plus building muscle. I've got a shoulder issue that keeps nagging (rotator cuff) along with my foot (plantar fasciitis). Right now I'm relatively healthy and want to stay that way.
If it were me, I'd knock out 3 things prior to putting any compound into your system, though overall your plan seems reasonable provided each item is dosed correctly and you stay consistent with all of it every day for the coming 3 months — don't bail, these things take time lol

#1 get a comprehensive blood panel done and examine your hormonal picture. The markers I'd prioritize are SHGB, Total T, Free T, E2, Progesterone, LH, FSH, IGF-1, cholesterols and Cortisol. Whatever the panel shows, at the very least you'll have a health baseline on record. Since you're already on TRT, testosterone itself isn't the main concern — you presumably know your numbers there — but you should still be tracking things beyond test; some folks just end up chasing numbers.

#2 work out your BMR and build a nutrition plan around it. Truthfully you don't REALLY need to bulk (don't get me wrong, I love a dirty bulk) but eating roughly 200-300 calories above or below your daily burn is closer to what you should actually be doing for bulking/cutting. Also, ignore BMI — on the BMI scale I'm morbidly obese haha but I'm actually in quite good shape, and that matters even more if you're fit or carry some muscle. Pick meals you actually enjoy; diets fail because people force down rice, chicken and broccoli and hate every second. If you hate your diet, you'll either waste your body away on Reta or cheat on it.

#3 put together a workout plan and define clear goals/markers/milestones for both long term and short term. Get a friend, wife or dog to hold you accountable and celebrate when you reach those long term and short term goals. Losing weight is hard — I don't care what people on here say, pumping your body full of XYZ isn't always the answer. It definitely helps and makes it easier, but at the end of the day it's hard, and milestones help you look forward to the next one and stay on track.

A few other notes: you're in your 40s and you can still move some serious weight — don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially with TRT on board. Just make sure you stretch, warm up and keep your form; when form breaks, the person breaks. Another thing you may not WANT to hear but I think matters: pick either losing weight or putting on muscle. Recomping your body is extremely hard and stressful, and realistically doing both at once isn't very realistic even with a dialed in diet and some special sports medicine. My last bit for this Ted talk of a reply is cardio cardio cardio — it doesn't stop you from building muscle, it keeps your heart and vascular system strong, and it'll let you push harder. Anyone who says otherwise, don't listen to them; they don't have your best interest in mind.

I'm guessing most of what I said isn't new info to you, but you never know, maybe it'll help someone out there. All these peptides and other PEDs are awesome and really fascinating, but in my mind they just amplify the habits you already have, for better or worse.
 
ThunderBird said:

Memo85 said:

ThunderBird said:

Honestly, running 3 GH secretagogues is likely overkill. If your aim is a big GH increase, HGH itself is the simpler route—at 46, suppressing your own GH output isn't much of a concern. If you'd rather stay away from that, then Tesa/Ipa: cutting one of the GH secretagogues frees up cash for extra Tesa or KLOW. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve with this stack?
Appreciate the response. My goal is to reach 185-190 while adding some muscle. Typically when I train, I end up bulking and carrying fairly high BF. As I get older, I don't want to lift too heavy and put myself at risk of injury. What I'm really after, I suppose, is fat loss (bringing my bmi down) plus building muscle. I've got a shoulder issue that keeps nagging (rotator cuff) along with my foot (plantar fasciitis). Right now I'm relatively healthy and want to stay that way.
If it were me, I'd knock out 3 things prior to putting any compound into your system, though overall your plan seems reasonable provided each item is dosed correctly and you stay consistent with all of it every day for the coming 3 months — don't bail, these things take time lol

#1 get a comprehensive blood panel done and examine your hormonal picture. The markers I'd prioritize are SHGB, Total T, Free T, E2, Progesterone, LH, FSH, IGF-1, cholesterols and Cortisol. Whatever the panel shows, at the very least you'll have a health baseline on record. Since you're already on TRT, testosterone itself isn't the main concern — you presumably know your numbers there — but you should still be tracking things beyond test; some folks just end up chasing numbers.

#2 work out your BMR and build a nutrition plan around it. Truthfully you don't REALLY need to bulk (don't get me wrong, I love a dirty bulk) but eating roughly 200-300 calories above or below your daily burn is closer to what you should actually be doing for bulking/cutting. Also, ignore BMI — on the BMI scale I'm morbidly obese haha but I'm actually in quite good shape, and that matters even more if you're fit or carry some muscle. Pick meals you actually enjoy; diets fail because people force down rice, chicken and broccoli and hate every second. If you hate your diet, you'll either waste your body away on Reta or cheat on it.

#3 put together a workout plan and define clear goals/markers/milestones for both long term and short term. Get a friend, wife or dog to hold you accountable and celebrate when you reach those long term and short term goals. Losing weight is hard — I don't care what people on here say, pumping your body full of XYZ isn't always the answer. It definitely helps and makes it easier, but at the end of the day it's hard, and milestones help you look forward to the next one and stay on track.

A few other notes: you're in your 40s and you can still move some serious weight — don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially with TRT on board. Just make sure you stretch, warm up and keep your form; when form breaks, the person breaks. Another thing you may not WANT to hear but I think matters: pick either losing weight or putting on muscle. Recomping your body is extremely hard and stressful, and realistically doing both at once isn't very realistic even with a dialed in diet and some special sports medicine. My last bit for this Ted talk of a reply is cardio cardio cardio — it doesn't stop you from building muscle, it keeps your heart and vascular system strong, and it'll let you push harder. Anyone who says otherwise, don't listen to them; they don't have your best interest in mind.

I'm guessing most of what I said isn't new info to you, but you never know, maybe it'll help someone out there. All these peptides and other PEDs are awesome and really fascinating, but in my mind they just amplify the habits you already have, for better or worse.
Is there a particular testing service or site you like to use for running all of those panels? I've been checking out Quest's men's health test along with Function Health's.
 
latviantower said:

Get bloodwork done first, IGF included, then start hgh at 2 iu per day. That approach costs far less than using ipa/cjc and/or tesa. Repeat the labs 8-12 weeks later.

ThunderBird said:

Memo85 said:

ThunderBird said:

Honestly, running 3 GH secretagogues is likely overkill. If your aim is a big GH increase, HGH itself is the simpler route—at 46, suppressing your own GH output isn't much of a concern. If you'd rather stay away from that, then Tesa/Ipa: cutting one of the GH secretagogues frees up cash for extra Tesa or KLOW. Also, what exactly are you trying to achieve with this stack?
Appreciate the response. My goal is to reach 185-190 while adding some muscle. Typically when I train, I end up bulking and carrying fairly high BF. As I get older, I don't want to lift too heavy and put myself at risk of injury. What I'm really after, I suppose, is fat loss (bringing my bmi down) plus building muscle. I've got a shoulder issue that keeps nagging (rotator cuff) along with my foot (plantar fasciitis). Right now I'm relatively healthy and want to stay that way.
If it were me, I'd knock out 3 things prior to putting any compound into your system, though overall your plan seems reasonable provided each item is dosed correctly and you stay consistent with all of it every day for the coming 3 months — don't bail, these things take time lol

#1 get a comprehensive blood panel done and examine your hormonal picture. The markers I'd prioritize are SHGB, Total T, Free T, E2, Progesterone, LH, FSH, IGF-1, cholesterols and Cortisol. Whatever the panel shows, at the very least you'll have a health baseline on record. Since you're already on TRT, testosterone itself isn't the main concern — you presumably know your numbers there — but you should still be tracking things beyond test; some folks just end up chasing numbers.

#2 work out your BMR and build a nutrition plan around it. Truthfully you don't REALLY need to bulk (don't get me wrong, I love a dirty bulk) but eating roughly 200-300 calories above or below your daily burn is closer to what you should actually be doing for bulking/cutting. Also, ignore BMI — on the BMI scale I'm morbidly obese haha but I'm actually in quite good shape, and that matters even more if you're fit or carry some muscle. Pick meals you actually enjoy; diets fail because people force down rice, chicken and broccoli and hate every second. If you hate your diet, you'll either waste your body away on Reta or cheat on it.

#3 put together a workout plan and define clear goals/markers/milestones for both long term and short term. Get a friend, wife or dog to hold you accountable and celebrate when you reach those long term and short term goals. Losing weight is hard — I don't care what people on here say, pumping your body full of XYZ isn't always the answer. It definitely helps and makes it easier, but at the end of the day it's hard, and milestones help you look forward to the next one and stay on track.

A few other notes: you're in your 40s and you can still move some serious weight — don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially with TRT on board. Just make sure you stretch, warm up and keep your form; when form breaks, the person breaks. Another thing you may not WANT to hear but I think matters: pick either losing weight or putting on muscle. Recomping your body is extremely hard and stressful, and realistically doing both at once isn't very realistic even with a dialed in diet and some special sports medicine. My last bit for this Ted talk of a reply is cardio cardio cardio — it doesn't stop you from building muscle, it keeps your heart and vascular system strong, and it'll let you push harder. Anyone who says otherwise, don't listen to them; they don't have your best interest in mind.

I'm guessing most of what I said isn't new info to you, but you never know, maybe it'll help someone out there. All these peptides and other PEDs are awesome and really fascinating, but in my mind they just amplify the habits you already have, for better or worse.
Appreciate it. Yeah, I had a panel done 2 days back. Results come in next week. After that, I'll do additional blood work.
 
I'm not like Thunderbird—cardio and I don't get along. Okay, that's overstating it; I don't truly oppose it, I just can't stand it. These days, though, I'm content. Pick up an exercise mimetic, run the 6 minute cardio protocol, and knock out that weak sauce quickly. Now, the real discussion. I'm with Thunderbird on this: pick one goal, either fat loss or bulking, not both at once. That being said, nothing prevents you from trying to hold onto muscle while dropping weight. Adding some lean mass might even happen, but don't bank on it.

Still, your plan has clear issues that others have already alluded to. For general weight loss, don't stack several secretagogues together. Actually, if you split them up, and you already have them, you could get a longer-term payoff from that Tesa/Ipa gang. In my opinion, the TRT is your core problem. When cutting, or if you intend to cut, Stanozolol is the top choice. Look into lowering your TRT dose while cutting and running Winstrol/Stanozolol. And with Reta in the mix, the general agreement is that Tesa is the best addition for clearing visceral fat. For an extra edge, clenbuterol, ephedra, creatine, and epicatechin are also options. Make eliminating the fat the priority once and for all, and afterward you can bulk as much as you want. This time without the fat.
 
Smiter said:

I'm not like Thunderbird—cardio and I don't get along. Okay, that's overstating it; I don't truly oppose it, I just can't stand it. These days, though, I'm content. Pick up an exercise mimetic, run the 6 minute cardio protocol, and knock out that weak sauce quickly. Now, the real discussion. I'm with Thunderbird on this: pick one goal, either fat loss or bulking, not both at once. That being said, nothing prevents you from trying to hold onto muscle while dropping weight. Adding some lean mass might even happen, but don't bank on it.

Still, your plan has clear issues that others have already alluded to. For general weight loss, don't stack several secretagogues together. Actually, if you split them up, and you already have them, you could get a longer-term payoff from that Tesa/Ipa gang. In my opinion, the TRT is your core problem. When cutting, or if you intend to cut, Stanozolol is the top choice. Look into lowering your TRT dose while cutting and running Winstrol/Stanozolol. And with Reta in the mix, the general agreement is that Tesa is the best addition for clearing visceral fat. For an extra edge, clenbuterol, ephedra, creatine, and epicatechin are also options. Make eliminating the fat the priority once and for all, and afterward you can bulk as much as you want. This time without the fat.
Appreciate the response. My test levels came back low, so it's not optional for me. My plan is to shed as much weight as possible first. After that, I'll bring in the other peptides we talked about. Things have gone really well so far. If I could sit at about 190 while keeping muscle, that would do it for me. Being skinny isn't something I enjoy, honestly lol. Grateful for everyone chiming in, and I'll continue reading up on peps and stacks. Thanks
 
Memo85 said:

Smiter said:

I'm not like Thunderbird—cardio and I don't get along. Okay, that's overstating it; I don't truly oppose it, I just can't stand it. These days, though, I'm content. Pick up an exercise mimetic, run the 6 minute cardio protocol, and knock out that weak sauce quickly. Now, the real discussion. I'm with Thunderbird on this: pick one goal, either fat loss or bulking, not both at once. That being said, nothing prevents you from trying to hold onto muscle while dropping weight. Adding some lean mass might even happen, but don't bank on it.

Still, your plan has clear issues that others have already alluded to. For general weight loss, don't stack several secretagogues together. Actually, if you split them up, and you already have them, you could get a longer-term payoff from that Tesa/Ipa gang. In my opinion, the TRT is your core problem. When cutting, or if you intend to cut, Stanozolol is the top choice. Look into lowering your TRT dose while cutting and running Winstrol/Stanozolol. And with Reta in the mix, the general agreement is that Tesa is the best addition for clearing visceral fat. For an extra edge, clenbuterol, ephedra, creatine, and epicatechin are also options. Make eliminating the fat the priority once and for all, and afterward you can bulk as much as you want. This time without the fat.
Appreciate the response. My test levels came back low, so it's not optional for me. My plan is to shed as much weight as possible first. After that, I'll bring in the other peptides we talked about. Things have gone really well so far. If I could sit at about 190 while keeping muscle, that would do it for me. Being skinny isn't something I enjoy, honestly lol. Grateful for everyone chiming in, and I'll continue reading up on peps and stacks. Thanks
I was under the impression that TRT is prescribed when Test is low. My point was that since Test is so anabolic, Stanozolol might be necessary to hold onto muscle during fat loss and to prevent water retention. Yeah, screw being skinny, bro. Screw being obese even more...lol, 190 with mass typically means cutting down to around 175-ish, then bulking up to 195, and shredding back to 190. Best of luck with that. While you're cutting, be sure you go after as much fat as you possibly can.
 
Smiter said:

I'm not like Thunderbird—cardio and I don't get along. Okay, that's overstating it; I don't truly oppose it, I just can't stand it. These days, though, I'm content. Pick up an exercise mimetic, run the 6 minute cardio protocol, and knock out that weak sauce quickly. Now, the real discussion. I'm with Thunderbird on this: pick one goal, either fat loss or bulking, not both at once. That being said, nothing prevents you from trying to hold onto muscle while dropping weight. Adding some lean mass might even happen, but don't bank on it.

Still, your plan has clear issues that others have already alluded to. For general weight loss, don't stack several secretagogues together. Actually, if you split them up, and you already have them, you could get a longer-term payoff from that Tesa/Ipa gang. In my opinion, the TRT is your core problem. When cutting, or if you intend to cut, Stanozolol is the top choice. Look into lowering your TRT dose while cutting and running Winstrol/Stanozolol. And with Reta in the mix, the general agreement is that Tesa is the best addition for clearing visceral fat. For an extra edge, clenbuterol, ephedra, creatine, and epicatechin are also options. Make eliminating the fat the priority once and for all, and afterward you can bulk as much as you want. This time without the fat.
On the Winstrol/Stanozolol point, I want to add something. The thread starter mentions a shoulder problem that kept him out of the gym for 2 years. From my own time using Winstrol, I can say it can definitely aggravate an injury. That roid is great to cut and improve strength at the same time, but unfortunately is very bad for the joints.
 
ultima thule said:

Smiter said:

I'm not like Thunderbird—cardio and I don't get along. Okay, that's overstating it; I don't truly oppose it, I just can't stand it. These days, though, I'm content. Pick up an exercise mimetic, run the 6 minute cardio protocol, and knock out that weak sauce quickly. Now, the real discussion. I'm with Thunderbird on this: pick one goal, either fat loss or bulking, not both at once. That being said, nothing prevents you from trying to hold onto muscle while dropping weight. Adding some lean mass might even happen, but don't bank on it.

Still, your plan has clear issues that others have already alluded to. For general weight loss, don't stack several secretagogues together. Actually, if you split them up, and you already have them, you could get a longer-term payoff from that Tesa/Ipa gang. In my opinion, the TRT is your core problem. When cutting, or if you intend to cut, Stanozolol is the top choice. Look into lowering your TRT dose while cutting and running Winstrol/Stanozolol. And with Reta in the mix, the general agreement is that Tesa is the best addition for clearing visceral fat. For an extra edge, clenbuterol, ephedra, creatine, and epicatechin are also options. Make eliminating the fat the priority once and for all, and afterward you can bulk as much as you want. This time without the fat.
On the Winstrol/Stanozolol point, I want to add something. The thread starter mentions a shoulder problem that kept him out of the gym for 2 years. From my own time using Winstrol, I can say it can definitely aggravate an injury. That roid is great to cut and improve strength at the same time, but unfortunately is very bad for the joints.
I'm dealing with a torn rotator cuff as well as biceps tendinosis. Stanozolol's dehydrating effect only shows up when doses are high, and it can be offset by collagen, glucosamine, and TRT. For anyone already using TRT, that combination ought to work synergistically.
 
Back
Top