Ss31

Commander said:

I completed 1 round of SS-31, dosing it in the AM by itself alongside Mots-C and NAD+. Energy was the result. The issue for me is the sheer number of injections. To fit them all in, I moved to my thighs, yet those are now bruised and lumpy too. With so many daily shots, what is everyone's approach? Because of this, I quit SS-31 and NAD. All 3 make me feel great, but I'm at a loss regarding the injections.
How are you dosing SS-31 alongside NAD+? I've put in orders for both. MOTS-C is already part of my routine — 966 mcg injected each day ahead of training — and it leaves me with boundless energy plus a huge boost to metabolism. My hope is that adding SS-31 and NAD+ will push that energy to work even more efficiently.
 
anyone know whether methylene blue could take the place of SS31 or mots-c? I've noticed a few wellness physicians suggesting it
 
ghreid said:

anyone know whether methylene blue could take the place of SS31 or mots-c? I've noticed a few wellness physicians suggesting it

That's not possible. Methylene Blue works as an MAOI, and frequent use puts a strain on your liver.
 
ss-31 and methylene blue act on separate mitochondrial pathways, so that's a no. As for mots-c, I don't have an answer.

What's stopping you from giving ss-31 a shot?
 
It's improved! Thanks to the NAD buzz along with the ss31, my energy is beginning to pick up. I'm waiting on my mots to arrive so I can add that in.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Peps-Enthusiast said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Commander said:

I completed 1 round of SS-31, dosing it in the AM by itself alongside Mots-C and NAD+. Energy was the result. The issue for me is the sheer number of injections. To fit them all in, I moved to my thighs, yet those are now bruised and lumpy too. With so many daily shots, what is everyone's approach? Because of this, I quit SS-31 and NAD. All 3 make me feel great, but I'm at a loss regarding the injections.
Yeah, this whole place is basically full of human pincushions. When my girlfriend wanted to know my total from the past 7 days, I hadn't actually kept track.

Then I did the math and it hit me — 9.

That's 9 needles in just 1 week. It caught me off guard, and it weirded her out a bit too. Yikes.
I do 9 injections every day
😅🤣😂 if I mentioned doing that to my girl, she'd have a stroke 😅🤣😂
You're not getting any sex!
 
Just so you know, I'm 40. Two days back I began SS-31. Up to now I haven't noticed that "tired" effect... possibly since before starting I'm generally worn out 🙂 . (kidding). Still, my starting amount is 1mg for each pin. Since the cost is pretty high, how did you all begin and then ramp up? Also, what's the usual length for a single cycle? I've been learning from tiktok university and Youtube college of medicine, yet every source tells me something different.
 
ceeboo said:

Just so you know, I'm 40. Two days back I began SS-31. Up to now I haven't noticed that "tired" effect... possibly since before starting I'm generally worn out 🙂 . (kidding). Still, my starting amount is 1mg for each pin. Since the cost is pretty high, how did you all begin and then ramp up? Also, what's the usual length for a single cycle? I've been learning from tiktok university and Youtube college of medicine, yet every source tells me something different.
My starting dose was 5 mg, and skipping the smaller amounts made sense to me since my mitochondria were already trashed beyond repair. From my early twenties onward, I've lived in that exhausted-yet-wired state: downing 2~3 venti Americanos with added shots while putting in 18+ hour workdays, 7 days a week.

For me, SS-31 has been absolutely god tier. No matter what, I'll figure out how to get my hands on it. Whenever GBs pop up with solid deals, I do my best to load up.
 
miameow said:

ceeboo said:

Just so you know, I'm 40. Two days back I began SS-31. Up to now I haven't noticed that "tired" effect... possibly since before starting I'm generally worn out 🙂 . (kidding). Still, my starting amount is 1mg for each pin. Since the cost is pretty high, how did you all begin and then ramp up? Also, what's the usual length for a single cycle? I've been learning from tiktok university and Youtube college of medicine, yet every source tells me something different.
My starting dose was 5 mg, and skipping the smaller amounts made sense to me since my mitochondria were already trashed beyond repair. From my early twenties onward, I've lived in that exhausted-yet-wired state: downing 2~3 venti Americanos with added shots while putting in 18+ hour workdays, 7 days a week.

For me, SS-31 has been absolutely god tier. No matter what, I'll figure out how to get my hands on it. Whenever GBs pop up with solid deals, I do my best to load up.
I get it... what's the length of your cycle?

as for me, I begin with a small dose - it's just what I prefer.
 
ceeboo said:

miameow said:

ceeboo said:

Just so you know, I'm 40. Two days back I began SS-31. Up to now I haven't noticed that "tired" effect... possibly since before starting I'm generally worn out 🙂 . (kidding). Still, my starting amount is 1mg for each pin. Since the cost is pretty high, how did you all begin and then ramp up? Also, what's the usual length for a single cycle? I've been learning from tiktok university and Youtube college of medicine, yet every source tells me something different.
My starting dose was 5 mg, and skipping the smaller amounts made sense to me since my mitochondria were already trashed beyond repair. From my early twenties onward, I've lived in that exhausted-yet-wired state: downing 2~3 venti Americanos with added shots while putting in 18+ hour workdays, 7 days a week.

For me, SS-31 has been absolutely god tier. No matter what, I'll figure out how to get my hands on it. Whenever GBs pop up with solid deals, I do my best to load up.
I get it... what's the length of your cycle?

as for me, I begin with a small dose - it's just what I prefer.
There's nothing incorrect about beginning at a lower dose. That's likely the smarter way to do it. I simply tend to be the all-in type.

I completed 2 cycles, each lasting 4 weeks. The upcoming one is going to run 8 weeks.
 
lilamae05111 said:


how does one go about ascertaining that their mitochondria is completely shot? Serious question.

Click to expand...
I looked at my birth certificate. That's about as scientific as it gets.
 
When mitochondria are the target of repair work, my view is that this creates a temporary extra draw on energy reserves, which shows up as short-term tiredness. Across several dose and timing arrangements, I have run SS31 alongside MOTS-C and NAD+, and in my experience the combination is a pretty forgiving stack. My cycle is 10-12 weeks on, then 4 weeks off, using:

  • SS31 3mg daily or 9mg every 3 days
  • MOTS-C 1.5mg daily or 5mg every 3 days
  • NAD+ 25mg daily or 75mg every 3 days.
On daily dosing, MOTS-C goes first thing in the morning and SS31 goes last thing at night. Since both act on Mitchondria, I give each peptide its own separate time window to do its thing. With the every 3 days approach, I simply put MOTS-C and SS31 on different days. Daily versus every 3 days comes down to how many times I feel like pinning myself in a day.

Either way, daily or every 3 days, I have found that a good energy boost shows up throughout the day. NAD+ I tend to take daily purely because that MF is spicy and a small 25mg stinger daily is what I prefer.

One more thing worth mentioning: I staggered when each part of the stack was introduced and titrated uo to the doses above, so any adverse reaction would tell me which peptide is the culrpit. For me, that meant a few days of NAD+ first, then SS31, then MOTS-C.
 
miameow said:

lilamae05111 said:


how does one go about ascertaining that their mitochondria is completely shot? Serious question.

Click to expand...
I looked at my birth certificate. That's about as scientific as it gets.
I'm inclined to see it the same way. As far as I know, there isn't a straightforward way to measure Mitochondrial Output—you mostly rely on vague signs that you're not at your peak. After you've ruled out other causes (sleep, diet, vitamins/minerals, exercise, and so on) and you still feel "flat," that's when you should start looking into it 🙂
 
lilamae05111 said:


how does one go about ascertaining that their mitochondria is completely shot? Serious question.

Click to expand...
Given that Elamipretide (SS-31) holds FDA approval for Barth Syndrome, my guess is you'd begin by looking at the screening approach used for that condition. Cardiolipin markers and TAZ can be checked through blood work and genetic testing. I'm certain there's additional nuance, but that's a reasonable starting point.

If not that, then the rationale becomes something like "I'm 40, and ROS, chemicals, and so on have undoubtedly taken a toll on me by this point."

On the protocol I follow: 5 mg SS-31 on Mon/Weds/Fri (3x/week), paired with 5 mg MOTS-c 3x/week on Sun/Tues/Thurs (which lines up with when I train), plus 100 mg NAD+ administered 2 hrs ahead of MOTS-c. The SS-31/MOTS-c combo runs 8 weeks on, then 4 weeks off. Cycle 2 is almost finished for me. Anecdotally, some individuals use SS-31 ALONE for anywhere between 2-6 weeks to repair mitochondria before introducing MOTS-c, though that isn't necessarily backed to a reliable degree yet.

Regarding what OP asked: during my first week on SS-31 I did experience mild fatigue, which slowly faded, and by week 3 my energy was above baseline.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Commander said:

I completed 1 round of SS-31, dosing it in the AM by itself alongside Mots-C and NAD+. Energy was the result. The issue for me is the sheer number of injections. To fit them all in, I moved to my thighs, yet those are now bruised and lumpy too. With so many daily shots, what is everyone's approach? Because of this, I quit SS-31 and NAD. All 3 make me feel great, but I'm at a loss regarding the injections.
Yeah, this whole place is basically full of human pincushions. When my girlfriend wanted to know my total from the past 7 days, I hadn't actually kept track.

Then I did the math and it hit me — 9.

That's 9 needles in just 1 week. It caught me off guard, and it weirded her out a bit too. Yikes.

b2973449ef2941f67d49f1154a33d452e07a349f93611fdabf468d5de352ef74.gif


Bwhahahaha! Pin Cushion!! (It is so true)
 
Back
Top