SS-31 and Mots-C Reconstitution

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill
 
I’m able to locate the dosing sites. I was just wondering what people here were actually doing? Thanks for the links. M

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

I’m able to locate the dosing sites. I was just wondering what people here were actually doing? Thanks for the links. M

Bill
I'm fairly confident that the majority stick with these doses.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Whiynot20026 said:

I’m able to locate the dosing sites. I was just wondering what people here were actually doing? Thanks for the links. M

Bill
I'm fairly confident that the majority stick with these doses.
Thanks. Just making sure there's enough BAC to avoid stinging. Also, Caroline is really adorable.

Bill
 
The recons you mentioned work just fine. Here's what I do, and I've had no problems with either the reconstitution or any stinging (though I'm not certain stinging is even associated with SS31 or MOTSC):

  • For SS31 50mg, add 2.5ml BAC — it keeps the calculations simpler.
  • For MOTS-C 20mg, add 2ml BAC.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill,

When it comes to SS-31, I split the 50 mg into 10 shots of 5 mg each, so a pen gives me 10 days of use. These days I go with 2 ml of 0.9% NaCl, no BA included. That gives me 0.20 ml per shot, nice and small. Injection site reactions have stopped completely.

As for MOTS-c, I still haven't restarted it. My previous run finished with a big, firm lump on my thigh, so I figured it was time to rethink things.

So no more hypotonic BA for me — I'm moving to 0.9% NaCl instead. Given how quickly I go through a vial, bacterial contamination isn't really a concern. I'll be using a pen with a 32G 4mm needle. Syringes with 8mm at 45° are out. Thigh injections are out too.

Dose-wise, I'm dropping from 5 to 2.5mg.

My vials are 40 mg, which works out to 16 doses. I plan to split each into two cartridges: 8 x 0.30 ml per cartridge, meaning 2.4 ml of 0.9% NaCl for each. (2.4 goes into the vial, then split as 2x1.2 into the cartridges, topping up 1.2 in each.)

With hypotonicity, there's a well-known injection issue. MOTSc brings a possible allergic reaction risk, which I'm hoping to reduce by diluting more and stopping aggregation with higher salinity. NaCl also pushes the pH nearer to 7, which I'm banking on as well.

Not sure if it comes across, but I'm having a good time with this. Reminds me of being 20, tinkering with cytokines, IgG, HPLC, and such — and radioactive iodine (that one I can skip).
 
eidos said:

Whiynot20026 said:

I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill,

When it comes to SS-31, I split the 50 mg into 10 shots of 5 mg each, so a pen gives me 10 days of use. These days I go with 2 ml of 0.9% NaCl, no BA included. That gives me 0.20 ml per shot, nice and small. Injection site reactions have stopped completely.

As for MOTS-c, I still haven't restarted it. My previous run finished with a big, firm lump on my thigh, so I figured it was time to rethink things.

So no more hypotonic BA for me — I'm moving to 0.9% NaCl instead. Given how quickly I go through a vial, bacterial contamination isn't really a concern. I'll be using a pen with a 32G 4mm needle. Syringes with 8mm at 45° are out. Thigh injections are out too.

Dose-wise, I'm dropping from 5 to 2.5mg.

My vials are 40 mg, which works out to 16 doses. I plan to split each into two cartridges: 8 x 0.30 ml per cartridge, meaning 2.4 ml of 0.9% NaCl for each. (2.4 goes into the vial, then split as 2x1.2 into the cartridges, topping up 1.2 in each.)

With hypotonicity, there's a well-known injection issue. MOTSc brings a possible allergic reaction risk, which I'm hoping to reduce by diluting more and stopping aggregation with higher salinity. NaCl also pushes the pH nearer to 7, which I'm banking on as well.

Not sure if it comes across, but I'm having a good time with this. Reminds me of being 20, tinkering with cytokines, IgG, HPLC, and such — and radioactive iodine (that one I can skip).
Thanks a lot. That's a huge help.

Bill
 
eidos said:

Whiynot20026 said:

I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill,

When it comes to SS-31, I split the 50 mg into 10 shots of 5 mg each, so a pen gives me 10 days of use. These days I go with 2 ml of 0.9% NaCl, no BA included. That gives me 0.20 ml per shot, nice and small. Injection site reactions have stopped completely.

As for MOTS-c, I still haven't restarted it. My previous run finished with a big, firm lump on my thigh, so I figured it was time to rethink things.

So no more hypotonic BA for me — I'm moving to 0.9% NaCl instead. Given how quickly I go through a vial, bacterial contamination isn't really a concern. I'll be using a pen with a 32G 4mm needle. Syringes with 8mm at 45° are out. Thigh injections are out too.

Dose-wise, I'm dropping from 5 to 2.5mg.

My vials are 40 mg, which works out to 16 doses. I plan to split each into two cartridges: 8 x 0.30 ml per cartridge, meaning 2.4 ml of 0.9% NaCl for each. (2.4 goes into the vial, then split as 2x1.2 into the cartridges, topping up 1.2 in each.)

With hypotonicity, there's a well-known injection issue. MOTSc brings a possible allergic reaction risk, which I'm hoping to reduce by diluting more and stopping aggregation with higher salinity. NaCl also pushes the pH nearer to 7, which I'm banking on as well.

Not sure if it comes across, but I'm having a good time with this. Reminds me of being 20, tinkering with cytokines, IgG, HPLC, and such — and radioactive iodine (that one I can skip).
@eidos You always come through with the thorough breakdown - appreciate it!
 
reta-stacker said:

Radioactive iodine? Mon dieu!
It's doable if you've got a hood (the chemistry type, not something worn on your head), two sets of gloves, and a Geiger counter.

The odd part was the wait for my assay photo, sandwiched between 2 mammograms that the hospital lab ran.
 
eidos said:

Whiynot20026 said:

I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill,

When it comes to SS-31, I split the 50 mg into 10 shots of 5 mg each, so a pen gives me 10 days of use. These days I go with 2 ml of 0.9% NaCl, no BA included. That gives me 0.20 ml per shot, nice and small. Injection site reactions have stopped completely.

As for MOTS-c, I still haven't restarted it. My previous run finished with a big, firm lump on my thigh, so I figured it was time to rethink things.

So no more hypotonic BA for me — I'm moving to 0.9% NaCl instead. Given how quickly I go through a vial, bacterial contamination isn't really a concern. I'll be using a pen with a 32G 4mm needle. Syringes with 8mm at 45° are out. Thigh injections are out too.

Dose-wise, I'm dropping from 5 to 2.5mg.

My vials are 40 mg, which works out to 16 doses. I plan to split each into two cartridges: 8 x 0.30 ml per cartridge, meaning 2.4 ml of 0.9% NaCl for each. (2.4 goes into the vial, then split as 2x1.2 into the cartridges, topping up 1.2 in each.)

With hypotonicity, there's a well-known injection issue. MOTSc brings a possible allergic reaction risk, which I'm hoping to reduce by diluting more and stopping aggregation with higher salinity. NaCl also pushes the pH nearer to 7, which I'm banking on as well.

Not sure if it comes across, but I'm having a good time with this. Reminds me of being 20, tinkering with cytokines, IgG, HPLC, and such — and radioactive iodine (that one I can skip).
When you're 20, "cytokines, IgG, HPLC and redioactive iodine" really don't belong in the same sentence, and "playing around with" is definitely the wrong verb! I hope everything worked out fine!
 
reta-stacker said:

eidos said:

Whiynot20026 said:

I've got a 50mg SS-31 vial, and it seems 3ML is the recommended recon. For the Mots-C, I have a 20MG vial and 2ML appears to be the suggested amount. If anyone here uses these, could you confirm whether those recon numbers are right?

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill,

When it comes to SS-31, I split the 50 mg into 10 shots of 5 mg each, so a pen gives me 10 days of use. These days I go with 2 ml of 0.9% NaCl, no BA included. That gives me 0.20 ml per shot, nice and small. Injection site reactions have stopped completely.

As for MOTS-c, I still haven't restarted it. My previous run finished with a big, firm lump on my thigh, so I figured it was time to rethink things.

So no more hypotonic BA for me — I'm moving to 0.9% NaCl instead. Given how quickly I go through a vial, bacterial contamination isn't really a concern. I'll be using a pen with a 32G 4mm needle. Syringes with 8mm at 45° are out. Thigh injections are out too.

Dose-wise, I'm dropping from 5 to 2.5mg.

My vials are 40 mg, which works out to 16 doses. I plan to split each into two cartridges: 8 x 0.30 ml per cartridge, meaning 2.4 ml of 0.9% NaCl for each. (2.4 goes into the vial, then split as 2x1.2 into the cartridges, topping up 1.2 in each.)

With hypotonicity, there's a well-known injection issue. MOTSc brings a possible allergic reaction risk, which I'm hoping to reduce by diluting more and stopping aggregation with higher salinity. NaCl also pushes the pH nearer to 7, which I'm banking on as well.

Not sure if it comes across, but I'm having a good time with this. Reminds me of being 20, tinkering with cytokines, IgG, HPLC, and such — and radioactive iodine (that one I can skip).
When you're 20, "cytokines, IgG, HPLC and redioactive iodine" really don't belong in the same sentence, and "playing around with" is definitely the wrong verb! I hope everything worked out fine!
Unpaid research work demands a real passion for it and some enjoyment along the way; without those, it would send anyone around the bend. I looked for cancer, but nothing showed up. So far, so good.
 
Back
Top