Split my dose — how has it gone for you?

Aliakaraza

Explorer
Joined
May 2, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Manchester
I was at 7.5mg, but about 24 hours in it would hit its peak and I'd end up with bad headaches, sore legs, tinnitus, and a prickly feeling on my skin. Someone here told me to try splitting it, so last night I went with 3.75mg and I'm planning to take the other 3.75mg on Wednesday.

Has anyone else tried splitting their dose? Did it feel any different from doing it weekly, and if so, in what way? I haven't noticed any appetite suppression yet, but I'm assuming it'll build up as I take more split doses?
 
My reason for splitting the dose was purely to stop the headaches I was getting the day after injecting. With GLP1 plotter, you can enter your doses and get a visual of how concentration accumulates, plus how the gap between max and min compares with taking 1 weekly dose. When doses are split, the peak comes down somewhat, but the minimum rises a lot, so for me food noise and similar issues don't come back unless an increase is needed.
 
CranberryRocker said:

My reason for splitting the dose was purely to stop the headaches I was getting the day after injecting. With GLP1 plotter, you can enter your doses and get a visual of how concentration accumulates, plus how the gap between max and min compares with taking 1 weekly dose. When doses are split, the peak comes down somewhat, but the minimum rises a lot, so for me food noise and similar issues don't come back unless an increase is needed.
Ahhhhh that sounds good!! Amazing — the plotter is something I've been looking at
 
A few points are worth keeping in mind when you split a dose.

Looking at the graph, the peak concentration that can build up in your blood ends up lower. That's the mechanism behind the drop in uncomfortable side effects.

At the same time, the trough level once you reach steady state sits higher. In other words, the peaks are flattened out. Picture holding your finger down on a doorbell without ever letting go. In other threads I've come across reports from users saying the effects faded after a couple of months, and those users frequently turn out to be splitters.

If rounding up to 4 makes the math simpler given what's in your vials, go ahead. Precision isn't critical here: receptor affinities and degradation rates (the factors behind half-life) differ from person to person. (receptor affinities can range from 1 to 10 or 30, or even 160 times lower with certain mutations; half-lives vary by about a day either way)
 
I do it because taking the whole dose once a week leaves me so nauseous that I can hardly get through the day. I divide it into roughly every 3.5 days, and I have not run into any side effects at all... it completely changed things for me.
 
eidos said:

A few points are worth keeping in mind when you split a dose.

Looking at the graph, the peak concentration that can build up in your blood ends up lower. That's the mechanism behind the drop in uncomfortable side effects.

At the same time, the trough level once you reach steady state sits higher. In other words, the peaks are flattened out. Picture holding your finger down on a doorbell without ever letting go. In other threads I've come across reports from users saying the effects faded after a couple of months, and those users frequently turn out to be splitters.

If rounding up to 4 makes the math simpler given what's in your vials, go ahead. Precision isn't critical here: receptor affinities and degradation rates (the factors behind half-life) differ from person to person. (receptor affinities can range from 1 to 10 or 30, or even 160 times lower with certain mutations; half-lives vary by about a day either way)
Thanks so much for the thorough response!! There's a lot of useful info there, I really appreciate it. Yeahh the pulse levels off and becomes more linear, I guess.
 
The main benefit in my case has been feeling less tired. I space them out over 3.5 days (Sunday morning and Wednesday evening).
 
For roughly the first year I was taking Tirz, I split it across 3 doses. Over the past few months I've begun changing things around so I could fit in Reta, plus Cagri when needed.
 
Each week I inject 4mg on Friday morning, then 3.5mg on Monday morning...Side effects have been minimal for me. A bit of burping, plus a warm feeling in my head the day after injecting...only enough that I figure my dose is about right...The Friday shot keeps food noise away almost entirely across the weekend...and the Monday shot gets me through the rest of the week...so far it's working... 👍
 
HRH_IceQueen said:

I do it because taking the whole dose once a week leaves me so nauseous that I can hardly get through the day. I divide it into roughly every 3.5 days, and I have not run into any side effects at all... it completely changed things for me.
That's exactly the result I'm after as well! Right now, by day 2 I'm feeling awful — it pretty much turns into a day where I can't work or get anything done... Fingers crossed that splitting the dose leaves me feeling better!
 
Flash-BCR said:

Each week I inject 4mg on Friday morning, then 3.5mg on Monday morning...Side effects have been minimal for me. A bit of burping, plus a warm feeling in my head the day after injecting...only enough that I figure my dose is about right...The Friday shot keeps food noise away almost entirely across the weekend...and the Monday shot gets me through the rest of the week...so far it's working... 👍
Ahhh I really hope splitting works for me as well, because after several days of weekly dosing I'm finding hunger is a huge struggle!
 
Quick little update from me.

Sunday evening, the 20th, I took 3.75mg — that was my first half. Then on Wednesday evening, the 24th, I took the other 3.75mg.

What a difference on the side effects — they dropped MASSIVELY!! The headaches that always hit me at 7.5mg never showed up, my fatigue was WAY lower, and even the tinitatus calmed down. As for hunger suppression, I'd call it about the same, maybe even a bit stronger? Normally around day 4/5 I can feel myself heading toward a binge, so I'll have a clearer picture once I've done a few more of these.

Still, really happy with how it's going!! Thanks to everyone here who shared advice 💪
 
I spl

eidos said:

A few points are worth keeping in mind when you split a dose.

Looking at the graph, the peak concentration that can build up in your blood ends up lower. That's the mechanism behind the drop in uncomfortable side effects.

At the same time, the trough level once you reach steady state sits higher. In other words, the peaks are flattened out. Picture holding your finger down on a doorbell without ever letting go. In other threads I've come across reports from users saying the effects faded after a couple of months, and those users frequently turn out to be splitters.

If rounding up to 4 makes the math simpler given what's in your vials, go ahead. Precision isn't critical here: receptor affinities and degradation rates (the factors behind half-life) differ from person to person. (receptor affinities can range from 1 to 10 or 30, or even 160 times lower with certain mutations; half-lives vary by about a day either way)
I divide the dose too, and my experience matches that.
 
Back
Top