Split Dose? Seeking Your Final Take

Ticks

Explorer
Joined
Apr 8, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
I’m hoping to hear from people whose RS has used reta long-term and experimented with both once-a-week and divided dosing, so they can weigh in on how well it worked. Studies or other data beyond personal experience are welcome, but what I’m really after is firsthand input. When the dose was split, did it change your fat loss in any way or not?
 
Either approach yields an identical area under the curve.

By spreading the dose out, you might be able to push the total amount higher while keeping peaks lower, which could translate into greater weight loss potential and possibly fewer side effects.

Splitting may also mean you don't need to escalate the dose as much, since troughs stay higher and appetite suppression carries through at the lower amount.

Neither method holds any real secret. I dosed weekly for 3 weeks, then switched to splitting for the 18 weeks that followed. Total loss is 55lb, sides have not been a meaningful problem, and life is good.
 
I've tried both weekly and split dosing. For me, weekly is far more steady. My appetite and weight loss stay more consistent that way. I thought the opposite would happen, yet splitting left me with bigger ups and downs and it worked less well. Maybe that's only my experience, but I won't return to split dosing.
 
with a daily split dose i get no peak at all and sit steady at 4mg, and the side effects stopped

2000 cal a day is doable for me, though the late night munchies need watching
 
Ticks said:

I’m hoping to hear from people whose RS has used reta long-term and experimented with both once-a-week and divided dosing, so they can weigh in on how well it worked. Studies or other data beyond personal experience are welcome, but what I’m really after is firsthand input. When the dose was split, did it change your fat loss in any way or not?
After 4 months, I began dividing my reta dose just this past week. A few weeks back, I moved up to 5mg because 4 had stopped giving me any side effects for a while. Then I was sick for roughly 10 days, so I chose to take part of the dose on Monday night, and this morning I injected the remainder. Regarding fat loss, I likely won't have a clearer picture for a few weeks, but so far I can report no side effects at all. Once I'm certain how it's working, I'll post an update.
 
For 9 weeks I stuck to 1 shot per week, working my way up to 4mg, though I could only tolerate that amount for 2 weeks. The main effects and the adverse reactions were too much for me. Since that point I've divided it into doses every 3-3.5 days, and I'm pleased with how it's going.
 
Back
Top