Spinal Problems, any advice?

Slaine

Explorer
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Location
Greece
Hey everyone,

My mother is 70 y.o. and has been dealing with pain and paresthesia for many months. I finally got her to agree to an MRI, and what came back was not good at all:

spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, severe spinal stenosis (complete in one part), nerve root compression, multilevel degenerative disc disease (some discs are completely empty and "dehydrated), protrusions and hernias.

The doctors are recommending major surgery or multiple surgeries. From what it looks like, there is no way around it and it needs to happen a.s.a.p.

What peps do you think might be useful? Or anything at all, not only peps.

klow and ARA290 are what I have in mind. Any other options?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!
 
Wow - that's a heavy set of findings. Your mother is looking at major surgery - my own father dealt with something similar - so think long and hard before going that route, since it can leave you worse off. The single best thing I can tell you is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience. Operating on the spine is extremely complicated - and it should be a very last option.

I doubt there are any peps that would meaningfully improve or undo her situation - the only thing that comes to mind is the bpc/tb combo - and maybe kpv - those would bring her inflammation down. Klow works too, but it has a lot of ghk-cu in it - which can burn - so if you go with that, begin at a tiny dose - and pin the side of the quads or the belly - a spot with some fat.

As for the ara290 - I can't really comment, no experience with it - pep pedia claims it helps nerves regrow - but what your mom has is mechanical compression. On that front, I've dealt with lower back trouble for decades - starting when I was 20 - an inversion table is what I use - it helps enormously - and you don't need to hang fully upside down for the payoff - which usually shows up as a big drop in pain the following morning.

Good luck.
 
Riviera said:

Wow - that's a heavy set of findings. Your mother is looking at major surgery - my own father dealt with something similar - so think long and hard before going that route, since it can leave you worse off. The single best thing I can tell you is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience. Operating on the spine is extremely complicated - and it should be a very last option.

I doubt there are any peps that would meaningfully improve or undo her situation - the only thing that comes to mind is the bpc/tb combo - and maybe kpv - those would bring her inflammation down. Klow works too, but it has a lot of ghk-cu in it - which can burn - so if you go with that, begin at a tiny dose - and pin the side of the quads or the belly - a spot with some fat.

As for the ara290 - I can't really comment, no experience with it - pep pedia claims it helps nerves regrow - but what your mom has is mechanical compression. On that front, I've dealt with lower back trouble for decades - starting when I was 20 - an inversion table is what I use - it helps enormously - and you don't need to hang fully upside down for the payoff - which usually shows up as a big drop in pain the following morning.

Good luck.
Tuesday is when I go in for an MRI covering my lower back plus the right hip...At first the GLOW/KLOW brought the inflammation down, and I figure it still does, but these days the ache spreads out from the hip joint, and it's gotten to where pain pills and muscle relaxers simply don't touch it....meh, hopefully the cause and what to do about it get sorted out...this week should tell us 😳 👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

Riviera said:

Wow - that's a heavy set of findings. Your mother is looking at major surgery - my own father dealt with something similar - so think long and hard before going that route, since it can leave you worse off. The single best thing I can tell you is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience. Operating on the spine is extremely complicated - and it should be a very last option.

I doubt there are any peps that would meaningfully improve or undo her situation - the only thing that comes to mind is the bpc/tb combo - and maybe kpv - those would bring her inflammation down. Klow works too, but it has a lot of ghk-cu in it - which can burn - so if you go with that, begin at a tiny dose - and pin the side of the quads or the belly - a spot with some fat.

As for the ara290 - I can't really comment, no experience with it - pep pedia claims it helps nerves regrow - but what your mom has is mechanical compression. On that front, I've dealt with lower back trouble for decades - starting when I was 20 - an inversion table is what I use - it helps enormously - and you don't need to hang fully upside down for the payoff - which usually shows up as a big drop in pain the following morning.

Good luck.
Tuesday is when I go in for an MRI covering my lower back plus the right hip...At first the GLOW/KLOW brought the inflammation down, and I figure it still does, but these days the ache spreads out from the hip joint, and it's gotten to where pain pills and muscle relaxers simply don't touch it....meh, hopefully the cause and what to do about it get sorted out...this week should tell us 😳 👍
It really sucks that you're dealing with this—chronic lower back issues are miserable, and adding hip trouble on top of that is rough. If you're limping when you walk, you're definitely not alone; plenty of us here get it.

When it comes to my osteoarthritis in the hip and knee, I've been taking 2mg of tb/bpc every day. It hasn't fixed anything, but it has cut down on pain and brought a lot of the swelling under control, which I was very glad about.

A hip replacement is in my future.

As for your hip, I'm not sure what the underlying issue is, or how old you are. Could it be arthritis? Hip impingement? A pinched nerve?

With my lower back, I get decompression by using my inversion table on a regular basis. It might be worth a shot for you. Like I mentioned, you won't feel anything immediately, but by the following morning you could be feeling much better. You don't need to purchase one just to test it—visit a store that carries them, and they'll typically let you use it in the shop as much as you like over several days. There's nothing to lose. Also, don't fully invert—I almost never do.

Best of luck
 
I've been dealing with something similar recently. A close relative of mine just underwent a neck fusion for several of the issues you mentioned. I opted for PRP in my neck not long ago. The doctor told me there was still a chance of a good result and that it wasn't too late in my case. Should the PRP fail to deliver, I'll probably consult a Neurosurgeon at the start of next year to discuss whether neck surgery is an option.

Based on what I've read in the thread above, my guess is that surgery is the only route left for your mom, since no peptide is going to provide her with any genuinely meaningful relief, as others have pointed out. With many spinal fusions, once one section is fused, it places extra stress on the segments above and below over time, and those stressed segments may eventually require fusion as well. Your mom is 70, so I'd move forward with that fairly soon to enhance her quality of life now. I'm only speculating, but later on she might need another operation in addition to whatever she currently requires. I've supported my own mom through 6 joint replacements and 8 surgeries in total, so I understand what you're going through.

I'm not attempting to act as a Dr, I just know my own experience and can only imagine what your mom is feeling. Wishing you and your mom the very best.
 
Riviera said:

Wow - that's a heavy set of findings. Your mother is looking at major surgery - my own father dealt with something similar - so think long and hard before going that route, since it can leave you worse off. The single best thing I can tell you is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience. Operating on the spine is extremely complicated - and it should be a very last option.

I doubt there are any peps that would meaningfully improve or undo her situation - the only thing that comes to mind is the bpc/tb combo - and maybe kpv - those would bring her inflammation down. Klow works too, but it has a lot of ghk-cu in it - which can burn - so if you go with that, begin at a tiny dose - and pin the side of the quads or the belly - a spot with some fat.

As for the ara290 - I can't really comment, no experience with it - pep pedia claims it helps nerves regrow - but what your mom has is mechanical compression. On that front, I've dealt with lower back trouble for decades - starting when I was 20 - an inversion table is what I use - it helps enormously - and you don't need to hang fully upside down for the payoff - which usually shows up as a big drop in pain the following morning.

Good luck.
I appreciate your reply!

Indeed, medication, peptides, supplements and the like are powerless against a mechanical issue....

There's a decision I deeply regret: I was about to purchase an inversion table, and at the final moment I backed out.

Surgery is something we won't be able to sidestep.

The reality is that there are essentially only 2 paths in front of us:

1) operate now, which means intensive rehab and a long stretch before she feels improvement, yet it also all but ensures further complications down the road

2) hold off on or skip the operation and remain bedbound in pain. The older she becomes, the harder an operation will be to perform.

So of the 2 bad options, the one we must pick is the less harmful: surgery. A major and complicated surgery, since multiple issues require attention, or as certain doctors put it, 2 or 3 separate surgeries.

Time will tell.

Thanks!
 
Flash-BCR said:

Riviera said:

Wow - that's a heavy set of findings. Your mother is looking at major surgery - my own father dealt with something similar - so think long and hard before going that route, since it can leave you worse off. The single best thing I can tell you is to find a surgeon with a lot of experience. Operating on the spine is extremely complicated - and it should be a very last option.

I doubt there are any peps that would meaningfully improve or undo her situation - the only thing that comes to mind is the bpc/tb combo - and maybe kpv - those would bring her inflammation down. Klow works too, but it has a lot of ghk-cu in it - which can burn - so if you go with that, begin at a tiny dose - and pin the side of the quads or the belly - a spot with some fat.

As for the ara290 - I can't really comment, no experience with it - pep pedia claims it helps nerves regrow - but what your mom has is mechanical compression. On that front, I've dealt with lower back trouble for decades - starting when I was 20 - an inversion table is what I use - it helps enormously - and you don't need to hang fully upside down for the payoff - which usually shows up as a big drop in pain the following morning.

Good luck.
Tuesday is when I go in for an MRI covering my lower back plus the right hip...At first the GLOW/KLOW brought the inflammation down, and I figure it still does, but these days the ache spreads out from the hip joint, and it's gotten to where pain pills and muscle relaxers simply don't touch it....meh, hopefully the cause and what to do about it get sorted out...this week should tell us 😳 👍
Wishing you all the best, my friend!
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

I've been dealing with something similar recently. A close relative of mine just underwent a neck fusion for several of the issues you mentioned. I opted for PRP in my neck not long ago. The doctor told me there was still a chance of a good result and that it wasn't too late in my case. Should the PRP fail to deliver, I'll probably consult a Neurosurgeon at the start of next year to discuss whether neck surgery is an option.

Based on what I've read in the thread above, my guess is that surgery is the only route left for your mom, since no peptide is going to provide her with any genuinely meaningful relief, as others have pointed out. With many spinal fusions, once one section is fused, it places extra stress on the segments above and below over time, and those stressed segments may eventually require fusion as well. Your mom is 70, so I'd move forward with that fairly soon to enhance her quality of life now. I'm only speculating, but later on she might need another operation in addition to whatever she currently requires. I've supported my own mom through 6 joint replacements and 8 surgeries in total, so I understand what you're going through.

I'm not attempting to act as a Dr, I just know my own experience and can only imagine what your mom is feeling. Wishing you and your mom the very best.
Thanks, buddy!

I'm sorry about what you and your mother are going through — I hope it improves!!!

That's right, fusion inevitably creates further issues.... Still, there are times when it's unavoidable!
 
Slaine said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

I've been dealing with something similar recently. A close relative of mine just underwent a neck fusion for several of the issues you mentioned. I opted for PRP in my neck not long ago. The doctor told me there was still a chance of a good result and that it wasn't too late in my case. Should the PRP fail to deliver, I'll probably consult a Neurosurgeon at the start of next year to discuss whether neck surgery is an option.

Based on what I've read in the thread above, my guess is that surgery is the only route left for your mom, since no peptide is going to provide her with any genuinely meaningful relief, as others have pointed out. With many spinal fusions, once one section is fused, it places extra stress on the segments above and below over time, and those stressed segments may eventually require fusion as well. Your mom is 70, so I'd move forward with that fairly soon to enhance her quality of life now. I'm only speculating, but later on she might need another operation in addition to whatever she currently requires. I've supported my own mom through 6 joint replacements and 8 surgeries in total, so I understand what you're going through.

I'm not attempting to act as a Dr, I just know my own experience and can only imagine what your mom is feeling. Wishing you and your mom the very best.
Thanks, buddy!

I'm sorry about what you and your mother are going through — I hope it improves!!!

That's right, fusion inevitably creates further issues.... Still, there are times when it's unavoidable!
Thanks — my mom's doing well and has stayed stable for roughly a year. I actually live with her so she can stay out of a nursing home. She's in her early 80's, and luckily her mind is still sharp.

The family member who had the neck fusion was C5-C7, and when she woke up the stenosis problems were about 90% gone and she's doing great. She's close to 60 and the hope is that it lasts until she retires.

My job keeps me on my feet on concrete, mostly standing and staring down at stuff all day. It's the worst job for this, so I wanted another option — and if this PRP works, the lower back is next.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

Slaine said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

I've been dealing with something similar recently. A close relative of mine just underwent a neck fusion for several of the issues you mentioned. I opted for PRP in my neck not long ago. The doctor told me there was still a chance of a good result and that it wasn't too late in my case. Should the PRP fail to deliver, I'll probably consult a Neurosurgeon at the start of next year to discuss whether neck surgery is an option.

Based on what I've read in the thread above, my guess is that surgery is the only route left for your mom, since no peptide is going to provide her with any genuinely meaningful relief, as others have pointed out. With many spinal fusions, once one section is fused, it places extra stress on the segments above and below over time, and those stressed segments may eventually require fusion as well. Your mom is 70, so I'd move forward with that fairly soon to enhance her quality of life now. I'm only speculating, but later on she might need another operation in addition to whatever she currently requires. I've supported my own mom through 6 joint replacements and 8 surgeries in total, so I understand what you're going through.

I'm not attempting to act as a Dr, I just know my own experience and can only imagine what your mom is feeling. Wishing you and your mom the very best.
Thanks, buddy!

I'm sorry about what you and your mother are going through — I hope it improves!!!

That's right, fusion inevitably creates further issues.... Still, there are times when it's unavoidable!
Thanks — my mom's doing well and has stayed stable for roughly a year. I actually live with her so she can stay out of a nursing home. She's in her early 80's, and luckily her mind is still sharp.

The family member who had the neck fusion was C5-C7, and when she woke up the stenosis problems were about 90% gone and she's doing great. She's close to 60 and the hope is that it lasts until she retires.

My job keeps me on my feet on concrete, mostly standing and staring down at stuff all day. It's the worst job for this, so I wanted another option — and if this PRP works, the lower back is next.
Wishing you success with the PRP!

Another option worth looking into is ozone therapy — it's worked really well for me, and plenty of people I know as well. My mom tried it too when she had hernias in her neck, and after just a few sessions they were fully resolved.
 
My Dad is dealing with a situation that mirrors what's being described here. For 50 years he worked in factories, and that's left him with degenerative discs that pinch nerves, plus osteoarthritis, and it's been going on for ages. He's around 70 lbs over his ideal weight, has slightly elevated blood pressure, and deals with some prostate trouble, but aside from those things he's in decent shape for someone about to turn 77.

Since the doctors haven't taken any real steps to address his pain, I'm planning to start him on tirz and klow, with cartalax and ARA-290 to follow down the line. I'm actually handing over my tesa/ipa supply to him, since he's in greater need of it than I am. I've also been considering buying an inversion table, in the hope it could benefit both of us.
 
sheilarae74 said:

My Dad is dealing with a situation that mirrors what's being described here. For 50 years he worked in factories, and that's left him with degenerative discs that pinch nerves, plus osteoarthritis, and it's been going on for ages. He's around 70 lbs over his ideal weight, has slightly elevated blood pressure, and deals with some prostate trouble, but aside from those things he's in decent shape for someone about to turn 77.

Since the doctors haven't taken any real steps to address his pain, I'm planning to start him on tirz and klow, with cartalax and ARA-290 to follow down the line. I'm actually handing over my tesa/ipa supply to him, since he's in greater need of it than I am. I've also been considering buying an inversion table, in the hope it could benefit both of us.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your dad's situation improves!

hazefred said:

Klow could be doing some good. It definitely provides relief for my rheumatoid arthritis.
Much appreciated!
 
my father and i both struggle with significant back issues (his are more severe, made worse by additional medical conditions and some bad decisions). as you're already aware, peptides won't dramatically change the situation here; at most, the typical options might offer minor assistance with recovery after surgery and ongoing upkeep once the severe symptoms are managed.

the one thing i'd mention is that, if it were up to me, i would without hesitation opt for surgery while the person still has the greatest likelihood of completing rehab. my dad has undergone 5+ operations, but due to numerous other orthopedic and metabolic issues, he's never managed to restore core strength or complete the entire rehab programs, so relief tends to be temporary. you have to endure the discomfort and remain fully dedicated to the rehab journey.

wishing you the best.
 
fatjacked said:

my father and i both struggle with significant back issues (his are more severe, made worse by additional medical conditions and some bad decisions). as you're already aware, peptides won't dramatically change the situation here; at most, the typical options might offer minor assistance with recovery after surgery and ongoing upkeep once the severe symptoms are managed.

the one thing i'd mention is that, if it were up to me, i would without hesitation opt for surgery while the person still has the greatest likelihood of completing rehab. my dad has undergone 5+ operations, but due to numerous other orthopedic and metabolic issues, he's never managed to restore core strength or complete the entire rehab programs, so relief tends to be temporary. you have to endure the discomfort and remain fully dedicated to the rehab journey.

wishing you the best.

Thanks, man!

I hope everything goes well for you and your dad!

I'm nearly 100% certain my mom won't stick to rehab the way she's supposed to. 🫤
 
Back
Top