Someone slid into my DMs pushing peps... and it's an MLM!

unclebuff702

Explorer
Joined
Apr 8, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Henderson NV
I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...
 
I had no idea what MLM meant. Can anyone tell me where these people operate, and is there a site for them?
 
BNLFL said:

I had no idea what MLM meant. Can anyone tell me where these people operate, and is there a site for them?
An MLM isn't really a business model in the normal sense — it works like a pyramid scheme. Picture being approached by a stranger in a Target who starts telling you about how they'll get to retire early, or some other nonsense.... They invite you to a meeting, supposedly so you can find out how to do it as well.

After that, you're expected to hand them money just for the right to peddle their junk lol. Lotions and potions — heck, years ago there was a company named ACN that pushed video phones. Landlines with cameras built into them lol.

The deal is: pay to get in, move the product, and bring in more people who sell beneath you, forming your pyramid.

Think Herbalife from back in the day. It's nothing but a predatory, scammy way of doing business.
 
unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...

a330dbef0da66d06d5c592be6bb9fc4574a07bf04d0436032567066f4bb90ac8.gif
 
CNCCurrency said:

unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...

View attachment 10973
By year's end, Boss Babes and Peptide Huns are going to be all over the place, so make sure those running shoes are tied tight 😂
 

Attachments

  • a330dbef0da66d06d5c592be6bb9fc4574a07bf04d0436032567066f4bb90ac8.gif
    a330dbef0da66d06d5c592be6bb9fc4574a07bf04d0436032567066f4bb90ac8.gif
    653.3 KB · Views: 5
Somebody messaged me privately trying to get me to peddle peptides... and it turns out to be an MLM!

8cdcebe8e3309e1e91c770872ecdcdebd2c15cdabc2888285519eb571658ccc9.webp
 
unclebuff702 said:

BNLFL said:

I had no idea what MLM meant. Can anyone tell me where these people operate, and is there a site for them?
An MLM isn't really a business model in the normal sense — it works like a pyramid scheme. Picture being approached by a stranger in a Target who starts telling you about how they'll get to retire early, or some other nonsense.... They invite you to a meeting, supposedly so you can find out how to do it as well.

After that, you're expected to hand them money just for the right to peddle their junk lol. Lotions and potions — heck, years ago there was a company named ACN that pushed video phones. Landlines with cameras built into them lol.

The deal is: pay to get in, move the product, and bring in more people who sell beneath you, forming your pyramid.

Think Herbalife from back in the day. It's nothing but a predatory, scammy way of doing business.
Just like Amway. That whole thing was toxic. Oddly enough, earlier today I saw a fairly big Group Buy supplier get exposed for ripping off buyers. Your initial post jogged my memory of them, since their name appeared in it.

unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...
No matter if someone is green or seasoned, the danger is real. People can get burned at every stage in this game. That's what it costs to operate in a place with no color, only grey and black filling the emptiness.

unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...
Sir, you are carrying out God's work. Deus Vult! Again!
 
Honestly, right now they're basically a gold mine. If you're a social person, there's more money in it for you. Anyone else remember Tupperware parties? I'm surprised nobody's copied that model yet. Botox parties too. It works because most folks don't know much about crypto and they're suspicious of China overall. Perfect fit for people sick of earning terrible pay at a 9 to 5.
 
At work I belong to a women's chat on Teams. It pulls in 1 or 2 sharp, warm, enjoyable, reliable women from a whole lot of departments. We trade details about our lives, pitch in when somebody needs a contact in one of our areas who has membership, and occasionally team up on projects. The name is "the cat group," and the reason is that it began as a 3-way chat where 3 friends who were women shared cat photos. After that, additional women with cats were brought in, then we opened it up to women with dogs, then any pet, then any pet OR kids, then a plant was enough, and in the end women with no pets, plants, or kids.

By now it has turned into a secret sorority. Plenty of people think it's out there, but if you mention it, every member will respond, flatly, "there is no cat group." which a few people treat as proof that the cat group IS real.

Entry works like this: a current member has to nominate you and a second has to back it, then you send a few photos of your cat, pet, child, or plant, with names attached. Once we began inviting women who had none of those, we simply had them sign an attestation that they would enjoy seeing pics of OTHER people's. Next the group inspects your pet or child to decide if they are cute enough for your application to move forward.

After that you have to swear solemnly that while in the cat group you will not join an MLM, and if you do, you can never try to recruit members or market MLM garbage in the group, with a ban as the penalty. THEN we hold a vote on letting the new member in.

Because the group is secret yet invented, with well-documented but invented bylaws, we rewrite them constantly whenever boredom hits, yet the MLM attestation has never been altered and never will be for as long as I remain a member.
 
randompersonrandom said:

At work I belong to a women's chat on Teams. It pulls in 1 or 2 sharp, warm, enjoyable, reliable women from a whole lot of departments. We trade details about our lives, pitch in when somebody needs a contact in one of our areas who has membership, and occasionally team up on projects. The name is "the cat group," and the reason is that it began as a 3-way chat where 3 friends who were women shared cat photos. After that, additional women with cats were brought in, then we opened it up to women with dogs, then any pet, then any pet OR kids, then a plant was enough, and in the end women with no pets, plants, or kids.

By now it has turned into a secret sorority. Plenty of people think it's out there, but if you mention it, every member will respond, flatly, "there is no cat group." which a few people treat as proof that the cat group IS real.

Entry works like this: a current member has to nominate you and a second has to back it, then you send a few photos of your cat, pet, child, or plant, with names attached. Once we began inviting women who had none of those, we simply had them sign an attestation that they would enjoy seeing pics of OTHER people's. Next the group inspects your pet or child to decide if they are cute enough for your application to move forward.

After that you have to swear solemnly that while in the cat group you will not join an MLM, and if you do, you can never try to recruit members or market MLM garbage in the group, with a ban as the penalty. THEN we hold a vote on letting the new member in.

Because the group is secret yet invented, with well-documented but invented bylaws, we rewrite them constantly whenever boredom hits, yet the MLM attestation has never been altered and never will be for as long as I remain a member.
I'm not female and I don't own a cat, yet I've never felt such a strong urge to sign up for something 😂

The level of secrecy here is basically Illuminati-tier. Honestly, kind of impressive!
 
unclebuff702 said:

randompersonrandom said:

At work I belong to a women's chat on Teams. It pulls in 1 or 2 sharp, warm, enjoyable, reliable women from a whole lot of departments. We trade details about our lives, pitch in when somebody needs a contact in one of our areas who has membership, and occasionally team up on projects. The name is "the cat group," and the reason is that it began as a 3-way chat where 3 friends who were women shared cat photos. After that, additional women with cats were brought in, then we opened it up to women with dogs, then any pet, then any pet OR kids, then a plant was enough, and in the end women with no pets, plants, or kids.

By now it has turned into a secret sorority. Plenty of people think it's out there, but if you mention it, every member will respond, flatly, "there is no cat group." which a few people treat as proof that the cat group IS real.

Entry works like this: a current member has to nominate you and a second has to back it, then you send a few photos of your cat, pet, child, or plant, with names attached. Once we began inviting women who had none of those, we simply had them sign an attestation that they would enjoy seeing pics of OTHER people's. Next the group inspects your pet or child to decide if they are cute enough for your application to move forward.

After that you have to swear solemnly that while in the cat group you will not join an MLM, and if you do, you can never try to recruit members or market MLM garbage in the group, with a ban as the penalty. THEN we hold a vote on letting the new member in.

Because the group is secret yet invented, with well-documented but invented bylaws, we rewrite them constantly whenever boredom hits, yet the MLM attestation has never been altered and never will be for as long as I remain a member.
I'm not female and I don't own a cat, yet I've never felt such a strong urge to sign up for something 😂

The level of secrecy here is basically Illuminati-tier. Honestly, kind of impressive!
We're really fond of it, and it makes me incredibly proud. What began as a silly workplace thing among women joking around like Mean Girls has stayed a joke — yet over the past few years it's also grown to shadow-government levels of influence. The reason is simple: whatever you need, there's always another member of the cat group in the department you have to deal with, and she'll guide you through the bureaucratic hoops.
 
quicksilver80 said:

Honestly, right now they're basically a gold mine. If you're a social person, there's more money in it for you. Anyone else remember Tupperware parties? I'm surprised nobody's copied that model yet. Botox parties too. It works because most folks don't know much about crypto and they're suspicious of China overall. Perfect fit for people sick of earning terrible pay at a 9 to 5.
South Park already covered this

cac7ab34bcab740dcac0031137b6777001092d0fe82efed1a5058c25c8c009cb.webp
 
unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...
Did this happen on the forum? Nothing suggests you hit the "Report" button on a DM.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...
Did this happen on the forum? Nothing suggests you hit the "Report" button on a DM.
Nope, not on here, Zip — my bad, buddy! It happened over on social media. The person who messaged me is somebody I know, or at least used to know, from real life.
 
unclebuff702 said:

I figured it was only a matter of time before an MLM / pyramid scheme started peddling GLPs and other peppers to clueless, gullible marks.

Turns out it's currently in the "pre-launch" phase 😂

I'm dying to find out what kind of prices these folks try to charge. I've made it my mission now to rescue these poor unfortunate souls.

What a time to be alive...

A colleague of mine attended high school alongside someone who's trying to get one of these Ponzi-style operations off the ground around here. Sadly, that person kicked things off with a line about having an amazing source, which is what got the conversation going... 22 messages came my way in a single day without a single response from me, followed by another 13 after I turned them down nicely. UGH. Not interested, thanks lady — I won't be out here peddling fantasies at a 300% markup. Byyyyee!
 
unclebuff702 said:

randompersonrandom said:

At work I belong to a women's chat on Teams. It pulls in 1 or 2 sharp, warm, enjoyable, reliable women from a whole lot of departments. We trade details about our lives, pitch in when somebody needs a contact in one of our areas who has membership, and occasionally team up on projects. The name is "the cat group," and the reason is that it began as a 3-way chat where 3 friends who were women shared cat photos. After that, additional women with cats were brought in, then we opened it up to women with dogs, then any pet, then any pet OR kids, then a plant was enough, and in the end women with no pets, plants, or kids.

By now it has turned into a secret sorority. Plenty of people think it's out there, but if you mention it, every member will respond, flatly, "there is no cat group." which a few people treat as proof that the cat group IS real.

Entry works like this: a current member has to nominate you and a second has to back it, then you send a few photos of your cat, pet, child, or plant, with names attached. Once we began inviting women who had none of those, we simply had them sign an attestation that they would enjoy seeing pics of OTHER people's. Next the group inspects your pet or child to decide if they are cute enough for your application to move forward.

After that you have to swear solemnly that while in the cat group you will not join an MLM, and if you do, you can never try to recruit members or market MLM garbage in the group, with a ban as the penalty. THEN we hold a vote on letting the new member in.

Because the group is secret yet invented, with well-documented but invented bylaws, we rewrite them constantly whenever boredom hits, yet the MLM attestation has never been altered and never will be for as long as I remain a member.
I'm not female and I don't own a cat, yet I've never felt such a strong urge to sign up for something 😂

The level of secrecy here is basically Illuminati-tier. Honestly, kind of impressive!

Exactly, right?? Hahahah, now I'm actually wanting a job just so I can start a cat group! Plus, my cats are the absolute cutest!
 
bamagirl26 said:

unclebuff702 said:

randompersonrandom said:

At work I belong to a women's chat on Teams. It pulls in 1 or 2 sharp, warm, enjoyable, reliable women from a whole lot of departments. We trade details about our lives, pitch in when somebody needs a contact in one of our areas who has membership, and occasionally team up on projects. The name is "the cat group," and the reason is that it began as a 3-way chat where 3 friends who were women shared cat photos. After that, additional women with cats were brought in, then we opened it up to women with dogs, then any pet, then any pet OR kids, then a plant was enough, and in the end women with no pets, plants, or kids.

By now it has turned into a secret sorority. Plenty of people think it's out there, but if you mention it, every member will respond, flatly, "there is no cat group." which a few people treat as proof that the cat group IS real.

Entry works like this: a current member has to nominate you and a second has to back it, then you send a few photos of your cat, pet, child, or plant, with names attached. Once we began inviting women who had none of those, we simply had them sign an attestation that they would enjoy seeing pics of OTHER people's. Next the group inspects your pet or child to decide if they are cute enough for your application to move forward.

After that you have to swear solemnly that while in the cat group you will not join an MLM, and if you do, you can never try to recruit members or market MLM garbage in the group, with a ban as the penalty. THEN we hold a vote on letting the new member in.

Because the group is secret yet invented, with well-documented but invented bylaws, we rewrite them constantly whenever boredom hits, yet the MLM attestation has never been altered and never will be for as long as I remain a member.
I'm not female and I don't own a cat, yet I've never felt such a strong urge to sign up for something 😂

The level of secrecy here is basically Illuminati-tier. Honestly, kind of impressive!

Exactly, right?? Hahahah, now I'm actually wanting a job just so I can start a cat group! Plus, my cats are the absolute cutest!
@randompersonrandom
 
Back
Top