Somebody seems to have secured Reta access?

spanky2026

Explorer
Joined
Mar 14, 2026
Messages
378
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
17957da087b3c8baa660392837beb687200b99405ecda0b781f7ad487590bf28.jpg




Eli Lilly gave extraordinary obesity drug access to a 79-year-old patient. Who was it?



According to STAT, an exclusive report reveals that Eli Lilly worked with the FDA so that a 79-year-old could obtain exceptional access to an experimental obesity medication via the agency's "compassionate use" pathway.

d9a6089a0a8d8e096ecfa12472fe8de2b9937224f0cb62c0965c540d38fad8ee.png



www.statnews.com

From the article, it sounds like a well-connected elderly person was granted a compassionate use exception for Reta ahead of approval? Does anyone have additional details on this? Curious.
 
Compassionate program = handed over a fuck ton of money to us.

Only difference is that compassion has a nicer ring to it than greed.
 
If I had to make a quick guess, it would be a person with enough pull to sway Lily's attempt at getting this labeled a biologic. Because in cases like this, it almost always comes down to "follow the money."
 
Nearly 2 weeks back, the actual news came out. Lilly set up a clinical trial route for expanded access/compassionate use of Retatrutide, handled case by case. Your doctor has to apply straight to Lilly, and Lilly makes the call on who gets in.

For more info, head to Clinicaltrials.gov and look up NCT07629401. It's listed as Pre-approval Expanded Access of LY3437943
 
spanky2026 said:

View attachment 9988



Eli Lilly gave extraordinary obesity drug access to a 79-year-old patient. Who was it?



According to STAT, an exclusive report reveals that Eli Lilly worked with the FDA so that a 79-year-old could obtain exceptional access to an experimental obesity medication via the agency's "compassionate use" pathway.

View attachment 9989


www.statnews.com

From the article, it sounds like a well-connected elderly person was granted a compassionate use exception for Reta ahead of approval? Does anyone have additional details on this? Curious.

A preserved version can be found here: https://archive.is/KCIpG
 

Attachments

  • 17957da087b3c8baa660392837beb687200b99405ecda0b781f7ad487590bf28.jpg
    17957da087b3c8baa660392837beb687200b99405ecda0b781f7ad487590bf28.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
  • d9a6089a0a8d8e096ecfa12472fe8de2b9937224f0cb62c0965c540d38fad8ee.png
    d9a6089a0a8d8e096ecfa12472fe8de2b9937224f0cb62c0965c540d38fad8ee.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
zippity has a point — politics has no place here.

To me it looks political precisely because nobody has shown who received it; it's pure guesswork.

On the cancer research side, after reading your post I'm fully on board too. More studies into these GLP'S are definitely needed at every level. Already so many surprising upsides have turned up, and honestly the fresh findings appearing daily captivate me. Once Reta hits the market, who can say where these new studies will take us.

What does concern me is how far they'll push adding more and more to the GLP's, since the main three appear to bring extra side effects with every increase. Where's the line?
 
I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
 
spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
 
SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
Does Tirz not come with heart-related side effects? I haven't used it myself, but I know folks who are on it and appear to be doing well — from what I hear, it's just 25.00 per month through our insurance.
 
deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
Does Tirz not come with heart-related side effects? I haven't used it myself, but I know folks who are on it and appear to be doing well — from what I hear, it's just 25.00 per month through our insurance.
Based on my observations, each person reacts differently. Personally, while using Tirz, I haven't experienced any cardiovascular issues. My only reason was wanting to test out the new flashy peptide, Reta. I've noticed plenty of people do really well with Reta, and likewise with Tirz. For some, the adverse reactions were far more severe on either one. You simply need to figure out which suits your body the best.
 
SeaGypsy said:

deleted.user.27 said:

SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
Does Tirz not come with heart-related side effects? I haven't used it myself, but I know folks who are on it and appear to be doing well — from what I hear, it's just 25.00 per month through our insurance.
Based on my observations, each person reacts differently. Personally, while using Tirz, I haven't experienced any cardiovascular issues. My only reason was wanting to test out the new flashy peptide, Reta. I've noticed plenty of people do really well with Reta, and likewise with Tirz. For some, the adverse reactions were far more severe on either one. You simply need to figure out which suits your body the best.
Thanks!
 
My resting HR climbed from 72 up to 78-80. I don't feel it at all. While asleep it sits at 53-55 BPM. I take a heart medication because of AFIB problems that showed up almost 4 years back, triggered by an extremely severe case of double-double pneumonia. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, and 2 of those were in ICU. My cardiologist wants me to stay on them since they cause me no trouble, the doses are low, and in his view I ought to continue. I haven't had any problems since leaving the hospital.
 
BNLFL said:

My resting HR climbed from 72 up to 78-80. I don't feel it at all. While asleep it sits at 53-55 BPM. I take a heart medication because of AFIB problems that showed up almost 4 years back, triggered by an extremely severe case of double-double pneumonia. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, and 2 of those were in ICU. My cardiologist wants me to stay on them since they cause me no trouble, the doses are low, and in his view I ought to continue. I haven't had any problems since leaving the hospital.
Did you get any unexpected spikes?
 
SeaGypsy said:

BNLFL said:

My resting HR climbed from 72 up to 78-80. I don't feel it at all. While asleep it sits at 53-55 BPM. I take a heart medication because of AFIB problems that showed up almost 4 years back, triggered by an extremely severe case of double-double pneumonia. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, and 2 of those were in ICU. My cardiologist wants me to stay on them since they cause me no trouble, the doses are low, and in his view I ought to continue. I haven't had any problems since leaving the hospital.
Did you get any unexpected spikes?
Absolutely nothing.
 
Fwiw, I've also bought access to Reta. A lot of folks on here have 🤷

Right when I began, my rhr climbed 10bpm (from 60 to 70). Through dose increases it stayed elevated—though not any higher—and lately it's been gradually dropping, sitting around 67 now.

I'm big on vitamins and supplements, and there are stretches where I skip a bottle for years, then pick it up again because otherwise the money's wasted. I had a bottle of l-carnitine pills that I began around the same time as the reta. My heart rate rose, but I was also getting unsettling flutters/palpitations, which at first I blamed on the reta and figured I'd have to stop almost immediately after starting. After a long back-and-forth with Google and AI, it seemed like the l-carnitine could be the culprit. Decided to drop it and watch what happened, and the palpitations vanished right away. Tossed the bottle so my own strange stinginess wouldn't push me to take it again
 
SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
I'll admit it's a low dose, but taking 1.5mg of Reta weekly didn't change my resting heart rate at all.
 
oldrunnerguy said:

SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
I'll admit it's a low dose, but taking 1.5mg of Reta weekly didn't change my resting heart rate at all.
My dose was low too, yet my experience turned out poorly. Tirz has been a real blessing for me, and I'm genuinely glad for anyone who does well on Reta—it simply wasn't the right fit in my case.
 
oldrunnerguy said:

SeaGypsy said:

spanky2026 said:

I remain skeptical that Reta carries no meaningful heart-related risks. In the most recent trial I looked at, arrhythmias showed up, and there were also a couple of cardiac deaths among those in the test group — yet the presenter at ADA, who was paid, dismissed this as statistically "insignificant". ?! I'm not 79, but I'm still up there in years, and heart problems like these don't strike me as 'insignificant" at all.
I had the same experience — after starting Reta, my resting heart rate became erratic. Even while just sitting and watching TV, it would jump into the 140s. Since I'm in my 50's, heart issues carry real weight for me. I switched back to Tirz.
I'll admit it's a low dose, but taking 1.5mg of Reta weekly didn't change my resting heart rate at all.
At .5mg, mine climbed by 10. Now that I'm at 1.5, it's decreasing. A few studies I came across indicate this is dependent on the individual rather than the dose
 
ladyj779 said:

Fwiw, I've also bought access to Reta. A lot of folks on here have 🤷

Right when I began, my rhr climbed 10bpm (from 60 to 70). Through dose increases it stayed elevated—though not any higher—and lately it's been gradually dropping, sitting around 67 now.

I'm big on vitamins and supplements, and there are stretches where I skip a bottle for years, then pick it up again because otherwise the money's wasted. I had a bottle of l-carnitine pills that I began around the same time as the reta. My heart rate rose, but I was also getting unsettling flutters/palpitations, which at first I blamed on the reta and figured I'd have to stop almost immediately after starting. After a long back-and-forth with Google and AI, it seemed like the l-carnitine could be the culprit. Decided to drop it and watch what happened, and the palpitations vanished right away. Tossed the bottle so my own strange stinginess wouldn't push me to take it again
Oh wow, vitamins hit me the exact same way 😂😂
 
Back
Top