Sleep Trouble

lastresort

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
Location
NorthEast US
I take 200mcg of synthroid along with 5mg of T3 because of Hashimotos. My sleep is already badly disrupted by those thyroid medications, yet since I started retatrutide at 12mg/weekly, getting solid rest has become even harder. Every time, I wake up between 6-7AM.

Before I introduced retatrutide, sermorelin did a good job helping me sleep. Any recommendations from you all?
 
lastresort said:

I take 200mcg of synthroid along with 5mg of T3 because of Hashimotos. My sleep is already badly disrupted by those thyroid medications, yet since I started retatrutide at 12mg/weekly, getting solid rest has become even harder. Every time, I wake up between 6-7AM.

Before I introduced retatrutide, sermorelin did a good job helping me sleep. Any recommendations from you all?
Perhaps DSIP, plus epithalon as already brought up.
 
Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
I might be the only person who didn't get good results from epitalon. DSiP, on the other hand, I really like.
 
laansasa said:

randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
I might be the only person who didn't get good results from epitalon. DSiP, on the other hand, I really like.
I really need to look into that one further; it keeps coming up in discussions.
 
laansasa said:

randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
I might be the only person who didn't get good results from epitalon. DSiP, on the other hand, I really like.
If you don't mind sharing, what dose were you taking? I looked into DSIP on here and came across that top three peptides list, where DSIP didn't rank as highly as Epitalon, relatively speaking. Also, a few studies mention synergistic effects when combined with thymalin
 
randompersonrandom said:

laansasa said:

randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
I might be the only person who didn't get good results from epitalon. DSiP, on the other hand, I really like.
I really need to look into that one further; it keeps coming up in discussions.
DSIP? For me it's great. It's definitely something to check out...though just like epitalon in my case, how it works for you is always a toss-up.
 
Meritocrat said:

laansasa said:

randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
I might be the only person who didn't get good results from epitalon. DSiP, on the other hand, I really like.
If you don't mind sharing, what dose were you taking? I looked into DSIP on here and came across that top three peptides list, where DSIP didn't rank as highly as Epitalon, relatively speaking. Also, a few studies mention synergistic effects when combined with thymalin
Before I go to sleep, I take 500mcg. Epitalon was something else I gave a shot, but it did nothing for me except leave my neck aching and keep me awake the entire night. Since I came across reports of people feeling energized by it, I took someone else's suggestion and moved it to mid to late afternoon — yet the sore neck and insomnia still showed up. I suppose the only real way to figure out which one suits you is to experiment. Begin with a low amount, since you can't predict how your body will respond. My initial epitalon dose was 1mg, and I really wished I had stuck to just 250mcg (or even less)!
 
randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
for me, the result was absolutely nothing

dsip turned out to be even worse
 
magnesium glycinate plus doxepin. GLP-1s turned my already terrible sleep into a dumpster fire.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
It left me feeling wired right around bedtime. Shifting the dose to several hours earlier did help somewhat, yet I'd still wake up foggy, as though I'd gotten less rest and ended up feeling worse.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
2 attempts, zero effect on me. Perhaps my telomeres/lifespan got a small boost, but honestly I'd trade that for sleep right meow.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Is there anyone who has used epitalon and did not see a big boost in sleep quality? It seems like it never shows up on anyone's "did nothing for me" list. Plus, I will always keep epitalon stocked in my freezer.
After 3 weeks of use, my long-standing poor sleep hasn't gotten any better. I'm still waking at 2 or 3 am and only getting 4-5 hours per night. I'll see the cycle through, then give DSIP a shot.
 
I believe I might have unintentionally started one of those "Epitalon was useless for me" discussions. 😀 That's exactly my situation with KPV. According to my mom, the reason is that my arthritis is extremely mild from the start (only a slight bit in my hands, whereas hers affects her entire body), and if mine were more severe, my opinion would be completely different.
 
What does your sleep routine look like? Have you given meditation or box breathing a shot? Cutting out screens 1 hour before turning in? Taking a shower ahead of bed? Getting solid exercise? Plenty of behavioral tweaks exist to experiment with prior to turning to a synthetic med.
 
A half hour to 1 hour ahead of lights out, I take 400mg Magnesium Glycinate tablets along with 600mg Ashwagandha. For me, getting up somewhere in the 6-7 range works well. Around 3:30 am I used to get that cortisol surge, and occasionally a second one at 5am — these supplements made a difference.
 
i'm on the same combo... ashwaganda plus mag glycinate, and my sleep's been pretty decent too.

NOW is my go-to brand for minerals, so i picked up their magnesium glycinate on amazon. i only take 2 of them, so that's 200mg.





711d9d03a6a4892fa09ae13ec3407a8412cab50ee7568db40749d895285495b2.webp


as for the ashwa, i chose microingredients gummies. i take 4 of them 30-45 mins before i want to be asleep. that works out to a month's supply and 600mg.

f237245ce992c698f8734b9a4c07016cba97cc5ab1d3f2f0effc48610073fdad.webp


for years (right up until a few months before i started reta) i was on dr prescribed trazadone, and it did okay for me. but i wanted to be completely off it, so i made the switch to these and honestly my sleep's been better since.

another big thing is how much i eat or drink and how close to bedtime. eating before bed absolutely wrecks my sleep. if i eat an hour or less before bedtime, it's not going to be a good night's sleep.
 
lastresort said:

I take 200mcg of synthroid along with 5mg of T3 because of Hashimotos. My sleep is already badly disrupted by those thyroid medications, yet since I started retatrutide at 12mg/weekly, getting solid rest has become even harder. Every time, I wake up between 6-7AM.

Before I introduced retatrutide, sermorelin did a good job helping me sleep. Any recommendations from you all?
I'm in the same boat. T3 and T4 are part of my routine, and they've actually improved my sleep versus not taking anything. Since starting Reta, though, I keep waking around 5/6 am and can't fall back asleep, even when it's obvious I need more rest. Really frustrating. I've gone through every option I can think of, and so far none have helped: melatonin, magnesium, ashwagandha, no screens, white noise, blackout curtains, l-theanine, quitting caffeine, sleep-aids, eating, not-eating, etc etc etc.
 
Back
Top