Sleep quality

trunkmonkey202

Explorer
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
I've been on Reta at 1mg two times weekly alongside Tesa at 12.5 units every day for just over 4 weeks. My injections happen right before I go to sleep. Ever since I began these peps, my sleep has shifted from great to extremely poor. Anyone else dealing with worse sleep quality?
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

I've been on Reta at 1mg two times weekly alongside Tesa at 12.5 units every day for just over 4 weeks. My injections happen right before I go to sleep. Ever since I began these peps, my sleep has shifted from great to extremely poor. Anyone else dealing with worse sleep quality?
It's fairly widely recognized that Reta can mess with sleep...
 
Some possibilities:

OTC supplement:

Magnesium glycinate

L-theanine

OTC drugs:

melatonin

Peptides:

Sermorelin (honestly, too pricey for this use)

"research"chems:

Ketotifen - although it's meant to lower histamine and manage allergies, its "side effects" are quite good at bringing on sleep. I stumbled on this last week when I took it to "reset" my clenbuterol sensitivity. Other side effects include irritability, more appetite, bloody nose (?!), but it isn't really toxic over the long term
 
Huge impact. Mornings left me somewhat more fatigued, yet my Garmin indicates it's genuinely poor. I wake up with a very low body battery and an awful sleep score. Melatonin and magnesium glycinate are already part of my routine.

Is Tirzepatide associated with the same problems?
 
I'll back up the recommendation for Magnesium glycinate. Roughly 30min ahead of turning in, I take 400mg, and my sleep appears to benefit from it.

For the past six weeks, I've additionally been dosing ipamorelin prior to bed, and it appears to work well alongside it.
 
Consider taking your dose right at the start of the day, at a point when you're sure you'll stay awake for a good stretch afterward. As for me, I take a larger amount of magnesium glycinate—2x the usual—and I'll add melatonin as well when it's necessary.
 
I’ve been taking reta right after waking up, hoping that way it won’t disturb my sleep as much. Whether that actually makes a difference, I have no idea.
 
FunkyWhales78 said:

Huge impact. Mornings left me somewhat more fatigued, yet my Garmin indicates it's genuinely poor. I wake up with a very low body battery and an awful sleep score. Melatonin and magnesium glycinate are already part of my routine.

Is Tirzepatide associated with the same problems?
From my own experience… Tirz at 5mg made no difference to how I sleep. No problems at all there.

Then I brought in Reta at 2mg… and now my sleep is terrible.

My schedule is Tirz every Monday morning, with Reta on Thursdays, switching between the two.
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

I've been on Reta at 1mg two times weekly alongside Tesa at 12.5 units every day for just over 4 weeks. My injections happen right before I go to sleep. Ever since I began these peps, my sleep has shifted from great to extremely poor. Anyone else dealing with worse sleep quality?
For my RS, DSIP provided some benefit. Getting to sleep sooner wasn't improved, nor was the total duration of sleep extended, yet RS reported feeling more restored upon waking.
 
Throttle883 said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

Huge impact. Mornings left me somewhat more fatigued, yet my Garmin indicates it's genuinely poor. I wake up with a very low body battery and an awful sleep score. Melatonin and magnesium glycinate are already part of my routine.

Is Tirzepatide associated with the same problems?
From my own experience… Tirz at 5mg made no difference to how I sleep. No problems at all there.

Then I brought in Reta at 2mg… and now my sleep is terrible.

My schedule is Tirz every Monday morning, with Reta on Thursdays, switching between the two.

That's a good point. I jumped right into Reta because the general consensus was that it's the top choice and works the best, but lately I've been leaning toward the idea that whichever GLP1 causes the fewest side effects is likely sufficient for my needs.

Just curious—what made you decide to combine the two instead of just increasing the dose of a single one?
 
Tirz hasn't messed with my sleep at all. I can't say anything from my own experience about Reta, but here's something anecdotal: my cousin ran into the exact same problem... The solution we landed on was Magnesium L-threonate — for improving sleep, it's the crucial one, since it gets past the blood-brain barrier more effectively than glycinate. Take it alongside 50mg P5P plus tart cherry juice roughly an hour prior to going to bed, and she's had no trouble whatsoever.

On top of that, secretagogues in general tend to support sleep. The best sleep I've ever had came from CJC+ipa no DAC.
 
trunkmonkey202 said:

I've been on Reta at 1mg two times weekly alongside Tesa at 12.5 units every day for just over 4 weeks. My injections happen right before I go to sleep. Ever since I began these peps, my sleep has shifted from great to extremely poor. Anyone else dealing with worse sleep quality?
Since starting reta, my sleep has been awful🥺
 
Throttle883 said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

Huge impact. Mornings left me somewhat more fatigued, yet my Garmin indicates it's genuinely poor. I wake up with a very low body battery and an awful sleep score. Melatonin and magnesium glycinate are already part of my routine.

Is Tirzepatide associated with the same problems?
From my own experience… Tirz at 5mg made no difference to how I sleep. No problems at all there.

Then I brought in Reta at 2mg… and now my sleep is terrible.

My schedule is Tirz every Monday morning, with Reta on Thursdays, switching between the two.
I'm also curious — what's the reason for using both within a single week?
 
RandomCrew said:

Throttle883 said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

Huge impact. Mornings left me somewhat more fatigued, yet my Garmin indicates it's genuinely poor. I wake up with a very low body battery and an awful sleep score. Melatonin and magnesium glycinate are already part of my routine.

Is Tirzepatide associated with the same problems?
From my own experience… Tirz at 5mg made no difference to how I sleep. No problems at all there.

Then I brought in Reta at 2mg… and now my sleep is terrible.

My schedule is Tirz every Monday morning, with Reta on Thursdays, switching between the two.
I'm also curious — what's the reason for using both within a single week?
The glucagon receptor is what Reta brings in… that means more energy is burned metabolically. Compared with Tirz, it pushes fat utilization harder and raises energy expenditure.

With Tirz, my food noise stays completely gone; with Reta, more energy gets burned. That's the reason your sleep may be poor. Your system is basically always operating at full tilt.

My reason for stacking Reta was to try shedding those final stubborn 20 pounds. A huge plateau has stopped me. For 2.5 months I've been stuck sitting at 200 pounds. That said, my gym attendance has been extremely regular. Muscle has clearly been gained, and my waist is down 2 inches.

My goal is simply 180 with solid muscle.
 
I've experimented with just about every option out there, and the improvement in quality has been barely noticeable.

My sleep tracker shows I'm waking up several times during the night.

I've stopped bothering with the OTC junk, and now I'm looking into Lemborexant as my next area of research.

It's expensive, but from what others have told me, it's a total game changer. I've got a shipment on the way from an India Mart seller.



🤞
 
Tomorrow I plan to phone the urologist. Given how old I am, my previous appointment was 17 years back. What's driving this is getting up to urinate 4-6 times each night, plus the struggle to fall asleep again afterward. Those signs, along with one more, make me suspect an enlarged prostate.
 
Back
Top