Skipped a dose

Atlas27

Explorer
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Somewhere North
I started reta in July, taking 1mg/week and splitting it across 2 days. My usual schedule is Tuesday and Friday, but I've been unwell this week, which meant Tuesday's dose didn't happen. Now that I'm feeling a lot better, I'll go ahead with Friday's dose. What I'd like to know is how the reta veterans here handle a missed dose - is it best to simply continue with the next one, to bump up the next dose, or to write off that week and begin fresh the week after?
 
Just keep going. With a half life around a week, 3-4 months of steady dosing means your accumulated saturation would only dip a little. From your body's perspective, nothing was skipped.

My plan is to raise the next dose only when the current one stops working as well and it's time for me to titrate up.
 
Calm Logic said:

I simply keep going. Still, I tend to pick right back up, and that shifts which days I take it going forward.
No need to overthink it — just go ahead and take it. That's especially true at such a low dose.
 
Back
Top