By now, the regulars around here are well aware of the dose-related skin sensitivity that comes with retatrutide (and it's been reported for tirzepatide and semaglutide as well).
A bit of context: my current regimen is 15mg of tirzepatide once per week, and 2 days afterward I take 10mg of retatrutide once per week (that's week 2 at this dose). On tirzepatide alone I'd had occasional itching and some very brief, minor skin sensitivity, but it faded. Since adding the 10mg of reta, though, I'm clearly feeling it. (so there's a lot of GLP-1 coursing through my system)
I'd call my situation fairly mild. In one way, part of me doesn't mind, since it's solid confirmation that the Jano testing I paid for is legit and that what I'm using really is retatrutide (silver linings!), but obviously I'd prefer not to deal with it at all.
Something I've picked up on, though: there's a bit of a mind-body thing at play. If I think about it, I become more aware of it and it irritates me more. I realize I'm lucky that mine isn't unbearable or disabling or anything like that, it's more just an annoyance and irritation. When my mind is occupied elsewhere, I tend to notice it less.
Yesterday, though, was a new one for me. Someone sent me one of those silly short-form video supercuts of people getting hurt in slapstick fashion. You know that visceral cringe when you watch someone get hurt or about to get hurt, a kind of sympathetic physical reaction to what you're seeing? Watching this video actually set off my skin sensitivity! I suppose the usual reaction might be called "the douche chills" or something like a goosebump-and-wince combo - now that reaction makes my skin feel prickly.
I take comfort from those who've said this side effect does eventually fade after a while, but it would really be nice if there were something beyond time and the body adjusting that could address this side effect.
A bit of context: my current regimen is 15mg of tirzepatide once per week, and 2 days afterward I take 10mg of retatrutide once per week (that's week 2 at this dose). On tirzepatide alone I'd had occasional itching and some very brief, minor skin sensitivity, but it faded. Since adding the 10mg of reta, though, I'm clearly feeling it. (so there's a lot of GLP-1 coursing through my system)
I'd call my situation fairly mild. In one way, part of me doesn't mind, since it's solid confirmation that the Jano testing I paid for is legit and that what I'm using really is retatrutide (silver linings!), but obviously I'd prefer not to deal with it at all.
Something I've picked up on, though: there's a bit of a mind-body thing at play. If I think about it, I become more aware of it and it irritates me more. I realize I'm lucky that mine isn't unbearable or disabling or anything like that, it's more just an annoyance and irritation. When my mind is occupied elsewhere, I tend to notice it less.
Yesterday, though, was a new one for me. Someone sent me one of those silly short-form video supercuts of people getting hurt in slapstick fashion. You know that visceral cringe when you watch someone get hurt or about to get hurt, a kind of sympathetic physical reaction to what you're seeing? Watching this video actually set off my skin sensitivity! I suppose the usual reaction might be called "the douche chills" or something like a goosebump-and-wince combo - now that reaction makes my skin feel prickly.
I take comfort from those who've said this side effect does eventually fade after a while, but it would really be nice if there were something beyond time and the body adjusting that could address this side effect.