Skin looseness appearing as the pounds come off - what actually helps?

bk0004

Explorer
Joined
Dec 17, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Raleigh/NC
Using the brand new "Appearance" forum while it is here.

Roughly 8 months into Tirz and about 50 lbs have come off, and how my skin looks is starting to worry me.

Subcutaneous GHK-Cu is also part of my routine, alongside a hyaluronic acid serum with GHK-Cu and collagen supplements. My complexion and my skin/hair health overall have never been better!

Even so, these past few weeks I have noticed loose/sagging skin beginning to appear where the most weight came off, my neck, inner thighs and lower abdomen in particular.

With weight loss on that scale, some loose skin is probably unavoidable, I know that, but minimizing whatever I can is worth doing. I'm too young to have wrinkles damn it!

Serums, supplements, treatments, exercises, or any other tips and tricks - has anyone found something that improved skin firmness or elasticity? What has worked (or not worked) for others would be great to hear!

Edit: forgot to mention that weights are part of my week, a couple (2-3) days 💪
 
As far as I understand, the only things that genuinely move the needle are micro-needling, drinking enough water, and good genetics.
 
Yeah, genetics is most of it, along with the %bodyweight shed and how many years you carried it. Peptides, in my view, will not do a lot for that. If it bothers you a lot and the amount is significant, surgery is always on the table.
 
anotherusername said:

As far as I understand, the only things that genuinely move the needle are micro-needling, drinking enough water, and good genetics.
Micro-needling definitely has my interest.

Has anyone here given it a try, or known anyone who did?
 
Mine is done at home. It is fairly straightforward, though products and bacterial exposure need care. There is a subreddit for DIY beauty treatments where, surprisingly, everything is compiled into just a handful of pages.

One warning: for a few hours afterwards I get very itchy with a burning sensation. My suspicion is that the intensity ties back to Reta allodynia
 
That anything will make even the slightest difference to loose skin is something I have always been profoundly skeptical of, though microneedling at least sounds plausible, if it can get the skin and subcutaneous tissues to tighten or shrink a bit. ( After losing 80 kilos I have plenty of loose skin and simply consider it far better than the alternative )
 
Exercises posted by someone in this thread did help me: /community-link/post/202445/

Subq ghk-cu and serum are things I do as well, but not for long enough to expect results yet.
 
Back
Top