Should I take a break from GHK-CU or keep going?

Optimistic3

Explorer
Joined
Apr 14, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Roanoke, VA
I started using GHK-CU on 5/15/26, and the lines on my neck have already begun to fade — the change is easy to notice. On top of that, I broke my collarbone 3 weeks ago, so I've also been using wolverine blend. Now I'm stuck on whether to pause GHK-cu for 2 weeks to 30 days, or simply keep using it without a break. I've come across conflicting opinions — some say cycling off isn't needed, others say the opposite. Since the Wolverine seems to be doing a lot for my injury too, should I stay on it until I'm done with Wolverine and then take the break? Any thoughts?
 
I'm also partway through a 12-week GHK-Cu cycle. From what I understand, the point of taking a break isn't desensitization—it's to prevent excessive copper accumulation in the body. That's why I intend to cycle off, though I imagine copper buildup might be less of an issue as we get older.
 
I've been doing 2mg every day for 3 months now. At this point I have no plans to stop cycling. It never caused me any sides, plus I'm past 50, so I'll just keep at it. Later this year, once my next labs come back, I'll take another look at things.
 
I don't plan to cycle Cu at all. Every day since February has been my routine. The differences I've noticed are slight, not like what @FarmgirlRebel experienced (go look for her post!). As I recall, she saw her results come through over a 12-week cycle.
 
Angelique said:

I'm also partway through a 12-week GHK-Cu cycle. From what I understand, the point of taking a break isn't desensitization—it's to prevent excessive copper accumulation in the body. That's why I intend to cycle off, though I imagine copper buildup might be less of an issue as we get older.
To try to balance things out, I’ve been adding zinc supplements. Still, I’m with you—I suspect this matters less as we get older.
 
From what I understand, Zinc supplements only matter if the person's serum Cu is elevated or they have Wilson's Disease — otherwise they aren't needed.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

From what I understand, Zinc supplements only matter if the person's serum Cu is elevated or they have Wilson's Disease — otherwise they aren't needed.

If sagging skin post-weight loss doesn't bother you, or if going bald sounds fine, then sure—skip the zinc.
 
SeaGypsy said:

I've been doing 2mg every day for 3 months now. At this point I have no plans to stop cycling. It never caused me any sides, plus I'm past 50, so I'll just keep at it. Later this year, once my next labs come back, I'll take another look at things.
What's the reason you aren't taking a break from it — have you noticed a lot of positive results? I'm just 1 week into 2mg
 
Celtic said:

SeaGypsy said:

I've been doing 2mg every day for 3 months now. At this point I have no plans to stop cycling. It never caused me any sides, plus I'm past 50, so I'll just keep at it. Later this year, once my next labs come back, I'll take another look at things.
What's the reason you aren't taking a break from it — have you noticed a lot of positive results? I'm just 1 week into 2mg
There's no reason to cycle off — it occurs naturally in the body, and output declines as we get older. For me, skin, hair, and nails have all gotten better. My skin has a firmer, thicker feel. My hair has become darker and fuller, and my nails are absurdly hard at this point. I'm a big fan of it
 
For the past few days, I've been going back and forth with myself on this very question. Since mid-March, I've been injecting 2mg of GHK-cu every day (along with 1-1.5mg of KPV), and at last I'm seeing clear results. There are fewer fine lines, and the skin appears to be nearly refilling in areas that used to look somewhat sallow.

I'm at the age where this peptide is said to be most beneficial, and I also take zinc every day. So the only real question is whether I continue without any break, or risk giving up some of these improvements by cycling off because of the copper toxicity concern that isn't yet (?) confirmed.
 
eidos said:

HereKittyKitty said:

From what I understand, Zinc supplements only matter if the person's serum Cu is elevated or they have Wilson's Disease — otherwise they aren't needed.

If sagging skin post-weight loss doesn't bother you, or if going bald sounds fine, then sure—skip the zinc.
Huh, that's news to me. I'm ordering zinc today.
 
Shittersfull said:

eidos said:

HereKittyKitty said:

From what I understand, Zinc supplements only matter if the person's serum Cu is elevated or they have Wilson's Disease — otherwise they aren't needed.

If sagging skin post-weight loss doesn't bother you, or if going bald sounds fine, then sure—skip the zinc.
Huh, that's news to me. I'm ordering zinc today.

Some background:

Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_metalloproteinase) belong to the Zn2+-dependent enzyme family, which encompasses the collagenases.

Low zinc status reduces testosterone concentrations.
 
I’ve just begun injecting 1mg, 2x/day. I’m so excited!!! Mainly for skin elasticity.

Honestly, the placebo effect is no joke LOL! Only 2 days in, and I’m thinking “oooh, soft skin!” 🤣 Of course it’s all in my head, but I’m eager for real results. I already snapped a before pic of my face, just like @FarmgirlRebel

Random thought: After 5 months on tirz, my skin has gotten dramatically better. Hyperpigmentation is fading, pores look clearer…I totally didn’t see that coming. Now I feel comfortable heading out with a bare face!
 
eidos said:

Shittersfull said:

eidos said:

HereKittyKitty said:

From what I understand, Zinc supplements only matter if the person's serum Cu is elevated or they have Wilson's Disease — otherwise they aren't needed.

If sagging skin post-weight loss doesn't bother you, or if going bald sounds fine, then sure—skip the zinc.
Huh, that's news to me. I'm ordering zinc today.

Some background:

Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_metalloproteinase) belong to the Zn2+-dependent enzyme family, which encompasses the collagenases.

Low zinc status reduces testosterone concentrations.
I appreciate it, but that's far beyond what I can grasp.
 
Back
Top