Should I stop taking Reta?

ultimawar2

Explorer
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Looking for some input. I've been on reta for 4 months at 3mg a week, and honestly it didn't move the needle much on weight loss. What it did do was blunt my dopamine (anhedonia) and make my gym performance worse. The appetite suppression was there, sure, but I was already eating pretty low calorie before I started reta and the scale just wouldn't move.

At 5'11 and 235lb, I'm considerably overweight. My goal is 185 or 190.

That said, I've recently added other compounds: epitalon (to fix my horrible sleep schedule), and more recently tesa/ipa and 5amino1mq. I'm finally starting to see my body shed fat! I started tesa 1 month ago and 5amino about 10 days ago.

So is it worth staying on reta? I kinda wanna get off it to see if the dopamine blunting stuff will go away. But I've also seen that secretagogues worsen your insulin sensitivity and reta obviously great for that. What do you guys think?
 
Have you given another option such as Tirz a shot?

For me, reta was not effective. It made me feel awful. Sema, and afterward Tirz, gave me solid results, though.
 
I've never used tirz. On top of that, I still have an untouched 10mg kit of reta sitting here.. Perhaps I ought to reduce my dosage until I make my next peptide order, at which point I'd pick up tirz?
 
ultimawar2 said:

I've never used tirz. On top of that, I still have an untouched 10mg kit of reta sitting here.. Perhaps I ought to reduce my dosage until I make my next peptide order, at which point I'd pick up tirz?
If what you're using is a pretty questionable product and it isn't doing anything for you, my advice is to quit it altogether. Either you'll notice an improvement, or you'll realize it was actually doing something for you in some way.

There's no reason to feel like you have to squeeze value out of a kit that isn't giving you any results. I'm in a similar spot — I've got an almost full Reta kit sitting around unused. Maybe one day I'll come across someone who'd like to give it a shot and hand them a vial, or a few.

Maybe a smarter move would be to pick up just 1 vial of Tirz, use it to dial in the right dose for yourself, and then order a kit once that makes sense? Don't let your health goals sit on the shelf for a long stretch just to avoid paying a bit more than the rock-bottom kit price.
 
ultimawar2 said:

I've never used tirz. On top of that, I still have an untouched 10mg kit of reta sitting here.. Perhaps I ought to reduce my dosage until I make my next peptide order, at which point I'd pick up tirz?
As long as it hasn't been mixed yet, stick it in the freezer for keeping and pick up some Triz instead. No point in continuing with Reta when it's doing nothing for you, even if you've already got it on hand.
 
Whether you should stop reta is something only you can answer. There isn't much information about you here. Weigh what reta is doing for you against what it's costing you, and make the call for yourself. Is fatty liver something you deal with? How about insulin sensitivity? What does your a1c look like?
 
Shittersfull said:

Whether you should stop reta is something only you can answer. There isn't much information about you here. Weigh what reta is doing for you against what it's costing you, and make the call for yourself. Is fatty liver something you deal with? How about insulin sensitivity? What does your a1c look like?
I had a blood test done not long ago (before I began tesa) and all the results came back very good. So there isn't really a "need" for it to manage things like diabetes and such... The only reason Ive been using it is because I figured it would assist with weight loss, but honestly it wasnt doing anything

My plan now, I think, is to taper down to 1mg until my tesa cycle finishes, then go through a washout period without any reta and see how I feel

Thanks to all of you for the kind replies
 
I began on Tirz, then moved over to Reta because it seemed exciting and new and I bought into the hype. My results got worse and I wasn't happy, so I've gone back to Tirz, and it's working well for me once more.
 
Back
Top