Should I Stack Reta or Cagri With Tirz?

When_Pigs_Fly

Explorer
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
St Augustine, FL
Hey everyone. I’m hoping this thread can pull in more

community feedback than similar posts have managed to get.

I reached 110 lbs, which was my GW. After that, with no other changes, 10 lb came back on. For roughly 6 months now I’ve been battling those same 10 lbs. My tirz had been pushed to its ceiling of 15 mg. Food noise stayed fairly quiet. I stopped Tirz for 3 weeks. After that I restarted at 10 mg Tirz. The next week I introduced 3 mg Reta. That was a mistake. The nausea hit me hard. So I haven’t taken any more Reta. As I read up on ways to deal with this “stall” (or whatever term fits) - I really want these new 10 lbs gone!! - I’m left asking whether cagri, rather than Reta, is the thing to add? Or should my tirz go up again? Or should the Reta or

Cagri be divided into 2 doses?

All viewpoints welcome. Please help. Thanks ahead of time.
 
I'm stuck in the exact same spot as you. For me, the scale isn't going up, but it isn't going down either, and that's been the case for 4/5 months. I even went up to 17.5mg and 20mg, but it made no difference. My appetite is right back to where it was before I ever started tirz.

I have both cagri and Reta on hand, but I can't decide which one to add, so any advice would be really appreciated. I've still got 12 lbs to lose
 
I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
 
When_Pigs_Fly said:

Hey everyone. I’m hoping this thread can pull in more

community feedback than similar posts have managed to get.

I reached 110 lbs, which was my GW. After that, with no other changes, 10 lb came back on. For roughly 6 months now I’ve been battling those same 10 lbs. My tirz had been pushed to its ceiling of 15 mg. Food noise stayed fairly quiet. I stopped Tirz for 3 weeks. After that I restarted at 10 mg Tirz. The next week I introduced 3 mg Reta. That was a mistake. The nausea hit me hard. So I haven’t taken any more Reta. As I read up on ways to deal with this “stall” (or whatever term fits) - I really want these new 10 lbs gone!! - I’m left asking whether cagri, rather than Reta, is the thing to add? Or should my tirz go up again? Or should the Reta or

Cagri be divided into 2 doses?

All viewpoints welcome. Please help. Thanks ahead of time.
Your Reta starting dose might have been too high. My preference leans toward Cagri, since it targets Amylin receptors that neither Tirz nor Reta affect. My injection schedule runs on a 6 day cycle, with each compound offset by 3 days.

My Tirz journey began roughly 20 months back. After crossing the 10mg threshold, I brought in Cagri at a low dose. Tirz was nudged upward gradually until reaching 20mg/w. Cagri stung when injected into my stomach, yet it eliminated food cravings by 100%. Reta then entered at 0.5mg, and was raised in small steps. Tirz was titrated back down to 10mg/w. 6 mths afterward, I dropped Cagri. So yes, all 3 ran together for 6 mths. Tirz was stopped 6 mths after that. I am down 92# and now bounce between Cagri/Reta to shift those remaining 10-15 lbs. Weight loss speed looked identical whether I pinned each pep at half dose every 3 or 4 days (definitely a lot of injections per week). I have never quit any of them cold turkey, always tapering up or down across 4-6 weeks. Whenever a stall lasted 2-3 weeks, I altered something. Sema appears so weak next to the others (see pic below).
 
I've never combined different glp1's myself, but my instinct is that it's probably better not to. Tirz already covers glp1 and gip, so the only extra thing reta would bring is the glucagon part — I can't say for certain whether that's worth it, though I'm inclined to think it isn't.

Cagrilintide operates via a completely separate pathway as an amylin analogue, so there's no overlap with tirz at all. That makes me think adding cagri and holding off on reta for the time being is the smarter move.

If cagri plus tirz doesn't work out, then I'd consider switching to reta rather than stacking it.
 
Sharing my own experience here.

My current stack is 2.5mg Tirz plus 1mg Reta. What stood out was stronger appetite control and improved energy levels. This pairing works well for me. Yes, both compounds act on GLP1 and GIP, yet based on the literature I've reviewed, the ratios in which Tirz and Reta do this differ. Assuming that holds, Reta isn't merely Tirz with added Glucagon activity, which could explain why so many people say Reta gives them less appetite suppression than Tirz. That reasoning is what led me to try stacking.

In fact, I might lower my Tirz dose a bit within this combination, since right now the effect feels quite potent. My guess is that your Reta increase was simply too much for your body at the start. Cagri is untested by me, though it does intrigue me. Still, I won't change something that's already working. Wishing you the best!
 
Google

When_Pigs_Fly said:

Appreciate everyone. That was genuinely useful to me. Any pointers on where I can find dosing info for Cagri?
Look it up on Google. 'TheLancet' published the trial that begins at 0.3, 0.6, 1.2, 2.4mg, escalating every 4 weeks.

To keep gastrointestinal side effects to a minimum, I began at 0.16 (half of the lowest amount). That was simply me being cautious. My titration schedule was far slower, roughly a 0.1mg increase every few weeks. At present I take 1.1mg every 6 days. Appetite suppression is going well, so I am not increasing the dose right now.
 
Arriving late to this one. My Tirz dose sits well below yours, yet adding reta did snap the plateau — just at a far, far slower pace. Tirz goes in Friday mornings, reta on Monday nights. I started at 0.5/week, bumped to 0.75 after 2 weeks, and then to 1mg a fortnight after that, which is what finally broke the stall.
 
Slogger said:

I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
Did you finish up doing what I'd describe as 'microdosing' reta alongside your tirz? What was that experience like? Really eager to hear!!
 
jaguar said:

Slogger said:

I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
Did you finish up doing what I'd describe as 'microdosing' reta alongside your tirz? What was that experience like? Really eager to hear!!
At this point, trz is the only thing I’m using. After just 1 week on Reta, the nausea was so bad that I quit. That said, I suspect my starting dose was simply too high. Cagri is what I plan to add next — I just haven’t begun it so far.
 
When_Pigs_Fly said:

jaguar said:

Slogger said:

I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
Did you finish up doing what I'd describe as 'microdosing' reta alongside your tirz? What was that experience like? Really eager to hear!!
At this point, trz is the only thing I’m using. After just 1 week on Reta, the nausea was so bad that I quit. That said, I suspect my starting dose was simply too high. Cagri is what I plan to add next — I just haven’t begun it so far.
When you start Cagri, begin at an extremely low dose. If Reta already left you feeling awful, Cagri will hit you ten times harder. I began with .5mg and instantly wished I hadn't.
 
TooBigtoFail said:

When_Pigs_Fly said:

Hey everyone. I’m hoping this thread can pull in more

community feedback than similar posts have managed to get.

I reached 110 lbs, which was my GW. After that, with no other changes, 10 lb came back on. For roughly 6 months now I’ve been battling those same 10 lbs. My tirz had been pushed to its ceiling of 15 mg. Food noise stayed fairly quiet. I stopped Tirz for 3 weeks. After that I restarted at 10 mg Tirz. The next week I introduced 3 mg Reta. That was a mistake. The nausea hit me hard. So I haven’t taken any more Reta. As I read up on ways to deal with this “stall” (or whatever term fits) - I really want these new 10 lbs gone!! - I’m left asking whether cagri, rather than Reta, is the thing to add? Or should my tirz go up again? Or should the Reta or

Cagri be divided into 2 doses?

All viewpoints welcome. Please help. Thanks ahead of time.
Your Reta starting dose might have been too high. My preference leans toward Cagri, since it targets Amylin receptors that neither Tirz nor Reta affect. My injection schedule runs on a 6 day cycle, with each compound offset by 3 days.

My Tirz journey began roughly 20 months back. After crossing the 10mg threshold, I brought in Cagri at a low dose. Tirz was nudged upward gradually until reaching 20mg/w. Cagri stung when injected into my stomach, yet it eliminated food cravings by 100%. Reta then entered at 0.5mg, and was raised in small steps. Tirz was titrated back down to 10mg/w. 6 mths afterward, I dropped Cagri. So yes, all 3 ran together for 6 mths. Tirz was stopped 6 mths after that. I am down 92# and now bounce between Cagri/Reta to shift those remaining 10-15 lbs. Weight loss speed looked identical whether I pinned each pep at half dose every 3 or 4 days (definitely a lot of injections per week). I have never quit any of them cold turkey, always tapering up or down across 4-6 weeks. Whenever a stall lasted 2-3 weeks, I altered something. Sema appears so weak next to the others (see pic below).

On this particular chart, the scale works backwards from what you might expect: a smaller figure actually means stronger binding affinity.

That explains why reta falls short when it comes to curbing appetite — its GLP-1 figure sits high — and it also explains why slipping in a tiny amount of semaglutide alongside tirzepatide can be a way to push past food noise that has started creeping back.
 
When_Pigs_Fly said:

jaguar said:

Slogger said:

I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
Did you finish up doing what I'd describe as 'microdosing' reta alongside your tirz? What was that experience like? Really eager to hear!!
At this point, trz is the only thing I’m using. After just 1 week on Reta, the nausea was so bad that I quit. That said, I suspect my starting dose was simply too high. Cagri is what I plan to add next — I just haven’t begun it so far.
I don't want to sound pushy, but... once more, you have to keep me in the loop! haha. I've been thinking about adding Cagri too, I just haven't gone through with it or bought any yet. Make sure you come back and tell me how it's working for you. Spill the details 💭🤔
 
jaguar said:

When_Pigs_Fly said:

jaguar said:

Slogger said:

I'm in a comparable spot. I've been using tirz since July 2025, pinning 6mg every 5 days. I wouldn't call it a true stall, but the final 5 lbs won't budge. I might be fine staying where I am, yet a goal is a goal, and after coming this far I'm not ready to quit. Sure, I could bump up my tirz dose, but I want to remain at a lower dose during maintenance once I hit my goal weight, so my stockpile stretches further 😁 I've purchased 2 vials of Reta and intend to pin a very very low initial dose 3 days after my Tirz, both to check for adverse side effects and to observe its effects. I considered sema instead, but I'm hoping Reta's possible benefits (lower blood pressure) will help me. We'll find out…I can't begin until my Reta shows up later this week.
Did you finish up doing what I'd describe as 'microdosing' reta alongside your tirz? What was that experience like? Really eager to hear!!
At this point, trz is the only thing I’m using. After just 1 week on Reta, the nausea was so bad that I quit. That said, I suspect my starting dose was simply too high. Cagri is what I plan to add next — I just haven’t begun it so far.
I don't want to sound pushy, but... once more, you have to keep me in the loop! haha. I've been thinking about adding Cagri too, I just haven't gone through with it or bought any yet. Make sure you come back and tell me how it's working for you. Spill the details 💭🤔
I'm not the original poster, but my situation is quite close. Tirzepatide has been my regimen for roughly 17 months, and I've worked my way up to 18mg. There are still about 20 pounds I want to shed. Roughly two weeks back, I injected 4mg of reta while lowering my tirzepatide amount. My guess is that the reta dose was simply too high, since I ended up with severe constipation, pain in the lower abdomen, gas, and generally felt unwell throughout those two weeks. On top of that, the suppression of food noise was only mediocre.

In hindsight, a better approach would have been to leave my tirzepatide dose untouched and instead add a smaller reta stack, perhaps 2mg. Before ever trying reta, I had used cagri a handful of times and had a good experience with it, so starting today I'm going back to that. My plan is to inject the 18mg of tirzepatide I'd normally take today, along with .5mg of cagri. I haven't written off reta entirely, but on my next attempt I'll begin with a lower dose.
 
CariocaLeftSeoul said:

Arriving late to this one. My Tirz dose sits well below yours, yet adding reta did snap the plateau — just at a far, far slower pace. Tirz goes in Friday mornings, reta on Monday nights. I started at 0.5/week, bumped to 0.75 after 2 weeks, and then to 1mg a fortnight after that, which is what finally broke the stall.
Are you planning to keep going with reta, or will you halt it and stick with tirz by itself?
 
I went about it in reverse order — dropped the weight first, then began GLP's. After a year of nausea on ozempic, I reached 15mg of tirz with only very mild side effects, yet I was still hungry. Since tirz was doing a decent job, switching to reta didn't appeal to me, so I simply layered in reta 5mg, and a good while afterward brought in cagri at 0.25 mg every 4 days. My dosing was split into smaller amounts every 2 days to keep side effects down, largely because ozempic had forced that same approach on me thanks to the nausea, so I mostly just kept to that routine out of habit.

That mix, though, is delivering results for me. I shed roughly another 13 kilos, landing at 65 kg, having begun at 145kg and taken off most of it before these meds. Maintaining such a large loss is a serious challenge, which explains why the bigger doses and combinations tend to be necessary.

Twice-daily dosing was what I used, and it does make raising or lowering a dose far faster and simpler, though weekly dosing would work just as well — just better done quite gradually. From 0.25mg of cagri I clearly felt mild nausea, and I spent 1 or 2 months figuring out whether I preferred the somewhat lower hunger alongside somewhat more nausea.

Trying reta again could be worthwhile at a far smaller dose, but low-dose cagri is probably the more logical choice
 
I'm putting this here so that if someone looks this up later, they'll find it. (Truthfully, it's mainly for my own reference—chances are I'll be searching for it again.) The slow-and-low approach seems to work best.

Cagrilintide dose ramp-up:

Week 1: 0.25mg

Week 2: 0.5mg

Week 3: 1.0mg

Week 4: 1.7mg

Week 5 and beyond: 2.4mg (maintenance)

The entire escalation spans 16 weeks. Every dose is given as a once-weekly subcutaneous injection.
 
Back
Top