Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
For someone completely new to GLPs and only now beginning Reta, which seems to be the case for the OP, therapeutic levels and steady state sit fairly close to one another. The same day as my initial 1 mg dose, I could already feel it. With each passing week, what I had experienced on day one only grew stronger, so judging by how it felt, it seemed therapeutic right away. If moving from 1 mg up to 2 mg after just a week worries someone, I doubt there's a problem, though no two people respond the same.woundcarping said:
Reaching steady state at any particular dose takes roughly 4 weeks. Therapeutic levels, though, are a separate matter from steady state.
I made the change from Tirz to Reta because of the GCGR signaling. To reliably get that signaling, therapeutic levels are believed to sit around 6-8mg/week, and with single weekly dosing that corresponds to an average exposure of 7.5-10mg at steady state, with troughs near 5mg and peaks near 14.5mg.
Because I had already been on Tirz, I titrated up on Reta fast using many small doses while keeping an eye on side effects. By day 16 I had reached an accumulated level of 7.5mg, and from day 18 onward I have remained above 7.5mg. I had no bad side effects; for me the switch was easy and smooth, and I am now 36 days in.
It comes down to how well you handle it. My own start was 2, then I added .5 each 5 days. Up next for me is 4, maybe 4.5, since the side effects have stayed mild and I still eat a decent amount — I've just stopped snacking and stuffing myself...donzilla said:
I've been on 1mg of reta for my first week. I tolerated it and noticed a mild drop in hunger. Is it time to move up to 2mg? I want to push fat loss further.
Moving straight up to 2mg right away wouldn't bother me at all, then holding at that level for several weeks to observe your response.donzilla said:
I've been on 1mg of reta for my first week. I tolerated it and noticed a mild drop in hunger. Is it time to move up to 2mg? I want to push fat loss further.
where does the 4 week figure for reaching therapeutic levels come from?Chili777 said:
A single week doesn't give you much to go on when judging how you're responding. That said, the trials kicked off at 2 mg, so provided the sides are manageable—or you're not feeling any at all right now—my take is that bumping up to 2 mg is reasonable. Keep in mind that therapeutic levels take 4 weeks to reach, so once you go to 2 mg, plan on holding there for a month. During my own first two weeks I split 1 mg into two weekly shots, then switched to 2 mg once a week; looking back, starting straight at 2 mg per dose would have been fine too, though that's just my experience. Your own response is what ultimately decides it.
The GLP needs a whole 28 days before it hits its full effect, or the saturation point, at any given dose. Some effects may show up earlier, but full effect isn't reached, whether the dose is 2mg, 4 mg, or anything else. I wasn't saying there's no effect at all.donzilla said:
where does the 4 week figure for reaching therapeutic levels come from?Chili777 said:
A single week doesn't give you much to go on when judging how you're responding. That said, the trials kicked off at 2 mg, so provided the sides are manageable—or you're not feeling any at all right now—my take is that bumping up to 2 mg is reasonable. Keep in mind that therapeutic levels take 4 weeks to reach, so once you go to 2 mg, plan on holding there for a month. During my own first two weeks I split 1 mg into two weekly shots, then switched to 2 mg once a week; looking back, starting straight at 2 mg per dose would have been fine too, though that's just my experience. Your own response is what ultimately decides it.
Before you start working with GLP peptides, you really ought to read up more. How the dose gets into you doesn't change what the dose is; what does matter is knowing the right amount to take, how to combine the peptide with bac water, and how to confirm you actually administer the amount you planned. Mistakes happen very easily here, and dosing errors are the number 1 danger with diy GLP's. Nothing is there to protect you from yourself. Read extensively and follow along with tutorials.techiemichael said:
What about when you use pre-filled pens? I’ve heard that potency drops since the solution comes already mixed, so folks often begin at a higher amount? But if you reconstitute it yourself with bac water, then you ought to start lower?