Should I bother returning or just eat it

Local-beans-236 said:

Labcat said:

Selling is no longer grey, don’t.
That remark doesn’t really make sense to me.
Purchasing from the gray market does not break the law; the act of selling does.

Once you go that route, you alone own the risk of improper use, adverse effects, and any legal fallout.

You already made 1 bad call without enough information. My suggestion is to avoid making it worse.
 
Local-beans-236 said:

Labcat said:

Selling is no longer grey, don’t.
That remark doesn’t really make sense to me.
Having non-approved meds in your possession isn't against the law. What the FD&C Act and state laws do forbid is the sale and distribution of unapproved new drugs (biologics and peptides included). If somebody bears a grudge and is unhappy, or if an injury happened—even by accident—you could find yourself in some messy legal trouble. This is just a slightly over-the-top nudge to think it through before you act. After all, we're all about taking risks with our eyes wide open…

ETA now I notice that @RetCurious already gave an elegant answer!
 
I figure the high price they charged in the first place came from:

1, the 3-5% cut that credit card companies take.

2, money lost to returns and charge backs

3 legal costs from being sued by someone who misused the product, which is simpler when a local legal entity exists.

4. the extra hours spent handling 1,2 and 3.

5 etc.

Crypto-accepting Chinese vendors offer the lowest prices since their overhead is far smaller. Most of those headaches don't apply to them. That's what makes the grey market so great!!

My take: send it back if you're able. Taking credit cards was their call, and the higher prices cover that. Paying more was your call, and you get the ease of a credit card plus everything that comes with it.
 
Local-beans-236 said:

I’m wondering if sending back some peptides to an online research supplier is even worth the effort. I only started reading up on Reta late last year, and that happened to be around the same time I kept seeing that it would no longer be sold after the year ended. (That was also before I came across this community, which has really opened my eyes.) In a rush, I bought 12 vials of r10 at roughly $80 apiece (yes, I realize how that sounds…), but since then I’ve located other vendors through this site and they’ve worked out well. So here’s what I’m stuck on. I contacted the reseller’s customer service, and they said they’d take the return, but my concern is that because it’s Reta, and they might not be able to resell it, they could pull something like saying it arrived damaged or wasn’t acceptable, and then refuse the return. If that happens, I lose both the money and the Reta. Am I overthinking this? Should I just absorb the loss and treat it as a lesson? I get the feeling disputing it with my credit card company would be a pain lol!
What's stopping you from using it? I'm puzzled.
 
Cmoney said:

Local-beans-236 said:

I’m wondering if sending back some peptides to an online research supplier is even worth the effort. I only started reading up on Reta late last year, and that happened to be around the same time I kept seeing that it would no longer be sold after the year ended. (That was also before I came across this community, which has really opened my eyes.) In a rush, I bought 12 vials of r10 at roughly $80 apiece (yes, I realize how that sounds…), but since then I’ve located other vendors through this site and they’ve worked out well. So here’s what I’m stuck on. I contacted the reseller’s customer service, and they said they’d take the return, but my concern is that because it’s Reta, and they might not be able to resell it, they could pull something like saying it arrived damaged or wasn’t acceptable, and then refuse the return. If that happens, I lose both the money and the Reta. Am I overthinking this? Should I just absorb the loss and treat it as a lesson? I get the feeling disputing it with my credit card company would be a pain lol!
What's stopping you from using it? I'm puzzled.
I also don't see the point in taking a loss on a sale. Simply take it 🤣
 
Honesty matters above all. Your kit is perfectly fine — what happened is that you made a purchase, then got second thoughts and understood you had bought out of panic. The mere fact that a chargeback crossed your mind reveals something about your character, and it isn't flattering.

I enjoy how simple it is to pay with credit cards for these orders; I'm past the age and lack the motivation to pick up crypto. Yet fewer and fewer peptide vendors accept credit cards, and people with no scruples like you are the reason.

Go kick rocks.
 
Labcat said:

Local-beans-236 said:

Labcat said:

Selling is no longer grey, don’t.
That remark doesn’t really make sense to me.
Having non-approved meds in your possession isn't against the law. What the FD&C Act and state laws do forbid is the sale and distribution of unapproved new drugs (biologics and peptides included). If somebody bears a grudge and is unhappy, or if an injury happened—even by accident—you could find yourself in some messy legal trouble. This is just a slightly over-the-top nudge to think it through before you act. After all, we're all about taking risks with our eyes wide open…

ETA now I notice that @RetCurious already gave an elegant answer!
I'm really happy the two of you mentioned that. Reselling wasn't something I had in mind, but I also hadn't considered it would count as selling drugs. Thanks for all the guidance.
 
Back
Top