Should I be concerned about a potential Respite?

subterfuge

Explorer
Joined
Jun 19, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
A while back I came across something suggesting that once someone halts reta, it may not be as effective when they start again? Does that hold any water?

The reason I'm asking: I'm worried that the most recent batch I bought is underdosed or counterfeit. Compared with my first purchase (which came from another vendor), it just doesn't feel the same. Getting a new order into my hands will take a few weeks (and I'll be hoping it's legit).

Just wondering.
 
subterfuge said:

A while back I came across something suggesting that once someone halts reta, it may not be as effective when they start again? Does that hold any water?

The reason I'm asking: I'm worried that the most recent batch I bought is underdosed or counterfeit. Compared with my first purchase (which came from another vendor), it just doesn't feel the same. Getting a new order into my hands will take a few weeks (and I'll be hoping it's legit).

Just wondering.

What’s currently thought to explain the “loss of efficacy” people have noticed — needing a bigger dose after restarting to reach the same weight as before — is that the body builds up a stronger defense of its weight than it previously had. It isn’t that the GLP medication itself stops working as well.

So the key factor isn’t how long you pause, it’s how much weight comes back while you’re off it.

As weight climbs higher, the body’s biological “defense” of that weight gets stronger, so a larger dose is required to get back to the weight you originally reached on a smaller dose.

Going forward, my suggestion would be to always keep a 6 month buffer supply on hand, and place a new order the moment it drops under 6.
 
Back
Top