Since beginning reta, the skin on my back and the area next to my breasts has become extremely dry. I've gone through every cream out there, and it's driving me up the wall. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Before the dryness appeared, I had been dealing with itching, so I can't say for certain, but it seemed to begin around the same time as when I started reta.Shittersfull said:
Never come across that before. Could it be unrelated to the reta? For me, coconut oil works as an amazing moisturizer.
Would applying the pinned gku-cu, in your opinion, assist my skin in recovering?bk0004 said:
Not sure the reta is really what's behind it. Could be dehydration? Either way, I mix ghk-cu into a hyaluronic acid serum, and my skin responds really well to that.
That might be the reason. Getting enough food in is hard for me, though what I do eat is mostly healthy.Pupsikas said:
A calorie deficit, along with insufficient nutrients or fats, might occasionally be the source of dry skin like that—it isn't always down to Reta.
Sugar-free aloe vera drinks are my favorite. Is pear juice off the table because you don't like how it tastes? And how much water do you get through daily?sheilarae74 said:
My skin has been less dry since I began drinking more water. Fruit and veg with a bit of water content, plus foods with healthy fats like salmon, nuts and avocados, are meant to help keep skin hydrated. Vitamin E is meant to help as well. I've even heard aloe vera juice helps too. I gave it a go with pear juice for a while to help with constipation, but it's just not for me.
I inject it, plus I apply the serum 1 time per day. That makes it tough to tell which one is doing more, but together they've worked well for me.kazza94x said:
Would applying the pinned gku-cu, in your opinion, assist my skin in recovering?bk0004 said:
Not sure the reta is really what's behind it. Could be dehydration? Either way, I mix ghk-cu into a hyaluronic acid serum, and my skin responds really well to that.
It's likely a hydration issue. Since reta can sometimes cause you to drink less water, you should try to drink more.kazza94x said:
Since beginning reta, the skin on my back and the area next to my breasts has become extremely dry. I've gone through every cream out there, and it's driving me up the wall. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
I picked up whole leaf aloe vera juice, straight, without any sugar added — not those aloe vera drinks. The taste just isn't for me. Since I enjoy pear juice, I bought both, because I'd read they can each help with constipation. I ended up dropping both since they weren't really doing much. More recently I began microdosing generic miralax, and that's been working really well.kazza94x said:
Sugar-free aloe vera drinks are my favorite. Is pear juice off the table because you don't like how it tastes? And how much water do you get through daily?sheilarae74 said:
My skin has been less dry since I began drinking more water. Fruit and veg with a bit of water content, plus foods with healthy fats like salmon, nuts and avocados, are meant to help keep skin hydrated. Vitamin E is meant to help as well. I've even heard aloe vera juice helps too. I gave it a go with pear juice for a while to help with constipation, but it's just not for me.
Yeah, my meals are still balanced, but right now I doubt I'm eating enough. I checked a few days back and I'm definitely not in ketosis.Shittersfull said:
Is ketosis a possible cause of this? Are you consuming carbs?
Someone mentioned that 2.5L a day is the upper limit — with reta, would that amount need to be higher? Sorry, I asked the people I work with, but none of them have any clue what reta is lolGoonwise said:
It's likely a hydration issue. Since reta can sometimes cause you to drink less water, you should try to drink more.kazza94x said:
Since beginning reta, the skin on my back and the area next to my breasts has become extremely dry. I've gone through every cream out there, and it's driving me up the wall. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
I've saved your message so I can check into it further. Thanks a lot. As for Miralax, that's new to me, but I'll investigate what would be appropriate given my circumstances. If you don't mind me asking, do you have blood tests on a routine basis? I'm really scared of needles going into my veinssheilarae74 said:
I picked up whole leaf aloe vera juice, straight, without any sugar added — not those aloe vera drinks. The taste just isn't for me. Since I enjoy pear juice, I bought both, because I'd read they can each help with constipation. I ended up dropping both since they weren't really doing much. More recently I began microdosing generic miralax, and that's been working really well.kazza94x said:
Sugar-free aloe vera drinks are my favorite. Is pear juice off the table because you don't like how it tastes? And how much water do you get through daily?sheilarae74 said:
My skin has been less dry since I began drinking more water. Fruit and veg with a bit of water content, plus foods with healthy fats like salmon, nuts and avocados, are meant to help keep skin hydrated. Vitamin E is meant to help as well. I've even heard aloe vera juice helps too. I gave it a go with pear juice for a while to help with constipation, but it's just not for me.
Regarding my water intake, I don't really monitor the amount. Lately it's been nothing but coffee and water for me. Every now and then I'll have a soda alongside a meal, though not daily. Getting enough water has always been a struggle, but the dry skin was bothering me, so I've been making myself drink more. It's clearly making a difference.
That's strange. Could something else have gotten into the reta?kazza94x said:
Since beginning reta, the skin on my back and the area next to my breasts has become extremely dry. I've gone through every cream out there, and it's driving me up the wall. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
Happy to have been of assistance. The last time I had blood work was 2022. Most likely, I'll wait until autumn.kazza94x said:
I've saved your message so I can check into it further. Thanks a lot. As for Miralax, that's new to me, but I'll investigate what would be appropriate given my circumstances. If you don't mind me asking, do you have blood tests on a routine basis? I'm really scared of needles going into my veinssheilarae74 said:
I picked up whole leaf aloe vera juice, straight, without any sugar added — not those aloe vera drinks. The taste just isn't for me. Since I enjoy pear juice, I bought both, because I'd read they can each help with constipation. I ended up dropping both since they weren't really doing much. More recently I began microdosing generic miralax, and that's been working really well.kazza94x said:
Sugar-free aloe vera drinks are my favorite. Is pear juice off the table because you don't like how it tastes? And how much water do you get through daily?sheilarae74 said:
My skin has been less dry since I began drinking more water. Fruit and veg with a bit of water content, plus foods with healthy fats like salmon, nuts and avocados, are meant to help keep skin hydrated. Vitamin E is meant to help as well. I've even heard aloe vera juice helps too. I gave it a go with pear juice for a while to help with constipation, but it's just not for me.
Regarding my water intake, I don't really monitor the amount. Lately it's been nothing but coffee and water for me. Every now and then I'll have a soda alongside a meal, though not daily. Getting enough water has always been a struggle, but the dry skin was bothering me, so I've been making myself drink more. It's clearly making a difference.![]()