Sent Janoshik vials for 'blind' testing, got a strange email

Peps-Enthusiast

Explorer
Joined
Jun 15, 2026
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
NYC
And the email I got back from them states that for customs declarations, they must know precisely what is inside the shipment I sent, and without that information the package cannot be accepted. They go on to claim this doesn't compromise the blind nature of the blind testing.

Did I take crazy pills this morning, or does that entirely ruin the point of blind testing? The part that really gets me is that their own materials, back when you sign up and pay, tell you, "Just fill the vials You don't have to tell us. We'll figure it out." .
 
Customs paperwork listing the precise contents and worth of products — when did that become standard? Normally these forms just use general categories, which is why this makes no sense to me. No grey vendor would ever do that.
 
These aren't crazy pills. It's a crazy request coming from Jano. If I already had the answer, why would I be paying them to run a blind test? 😉🤣
 
Customs is doing something different now. A group test we recently ran hit the same issue. According to them, the staff handling that side of things are completely separate from the testing side, and the test is still carried out blind. Given how transparent they are and their track record, I see no cause to question it.
 
ultima thule said:

Vendors are declaring it as dried face mask powder...
Also, in principle they could serve as face masks. Unbuffered NAD, though, might be an exception..
 
Back
Top