Semax Alone vs Semax/Selank Stack, Plus Bacteriostatic Saline Use

esdsafepoet

Explorer
Joined
May 18, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Southeast US
I'm trying to find something that will address brain fog from long covid while I'm preparing for IT certification exams, so I've been going back and forth on whether to try Semax by itself or the Semax/Selank combination. I'm more inclined to go with just Semax, since I'm not convinced the anxiety-reducing effects of Selank are what I actually need (I do have some anxiety at times, but I don't see it as the main obstacle). Still, I'd like to hear how others have responded to either option.

On top of that, I've got a decent amount of bacteriostatic saline already on hand. It would be great if I could use it to reconstitute for intranasal use, but I'm aware the benzyl alcohol might create problems. I don't know whether that's something everyone runs into or if it varies from person to person. So I'd also appreciate anyone sharing their experience with that.

Thanks.
 
There are a few discussions on here covering Semax and Selank that ought to address what you're asking, and you can find additional ones too.




Selank + Semax--nasal? Effects?



Hi all. Wanting to start researching with Selank and Semax. Anyone here use them nasally? How do you dose them? Do you mix them into a commercial nasal spray brand? Would love some info. TIA

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com


/community-link/thread/9896/


Personally, the combination didn't work for me, though each one on its own did. For brain fog, it might be worth looking into Epitalon on here too. I did an Epitalon cycle prior to trying either of those, and I plan to keep some on hand permanently.

You're correct that BAC dries out the sinuses no matter which one you use. The mucosa gets irritated by it. Amazon carries sterile saline that doesn't contain it.
 
Before writing this post, I had already gone through that second link, yet it lacked the details I wanted. As for your first link, it appears to point to a direct message and does not work.
 
When I mix mine for nasal use, I combine bac water with saline. On Amazon I found small 5ml ampules that work great. First I put in 2ml for the reconstitution, move the liquid over to the nasal spray bottle, and then top it off with 5ml of saline before using it.

With the nasal sprays I have, that works out to roughly 125mcg per spray.

I have not experienced dryness or irritation at any point.
 
When I take semax on its own, I notice a fair amount of brain fog. This is only my own experience, but my recommendation would be to use the two together.
 
When I mix using bacteriostatic saline, irritation hasn't been a problem for me.
 
Numerous nasal sprays available in the UK rely on

Bacteriostatic Saline 0.9%​#-bacteriostatic-saline-0-9
 
Chili777 said:

There are a few discussions on here covering Semax and Selank that ought to address what you're asking, and you can find additional ones too.




Selank + Semax--nasal? Effects?



Hi all. Wanting to start researching with Selank and Semax. Anyone here use them nasally? How do you dose them? Do you mix them into a commercial nasal spray brand? Would love some info. TIA

View attachment 10732


GLP1Chat.com


/community-link/thread/9896/


Personally, the combination didn't work for me, though each one on its own did. For brain fog, it might be worth looking into Epitalon on here too. I did an Epitalon cycle prior to trying either of those, and I plan to keep some on hand permanently.

You're correct that BAC dries out the sinuses no matter which one you use. The mucosa gets irritated by it. Amazon carries sterile saline that doesn't contain it.
For semax, how do people generally feel about bacteriostatic saline as a diluent? Would it extend how long the solution stays usable? I have a 50mg NA semax in mind, and since I've read that saline only keeps semax and saline viable for 14-20 days, I was considering BAC saline to get a longer shelf life for intranasal use. With 50mg semax, I'd need it to last beyond that window.
 

Attachments

  • 051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Goonwise said:

Chili777 said:

There are a few discussions on here covering Semax and Selank that ought to address what you're asking, and you can find additional ones too.




Selank + Semax--nasal? Effects?



Hi all. Wanting to start researching with Selank and Semax. Anyone here use them nasally? How do you dose them? Do you mix them into a commercial nasal spray brand? Would love some info. TIA

View attachment 10732


GLP1Chat.com


/community-link/thread/9896/


Personally, the combination didn't work for me, though each one on its own did. For brain fog, it might be worth looking into Epitalon on here too. I did an Epitalon cycle prior to trying either of those, and I plan to keep some on hand permanently.

You're correct that BAC dries out the sinuses no matter which one you use. The mucosa gets irritated by it. Amazon carries sterile saline that doesn't contain it.
For semax, how do people generally feel about bacteriostatic saline as a diluent? Would it extend how long the solution stays usable? I have a 50mg NA semax in mind, and since I've read that saline only keeps semax and saline viable for 14-20 days, I was considering BAC saline to get a longer shelf life for intranasal use. With 50mg semax, I'd need it to last beyond that window.
While I haven't personally tried BAC saline, you could test it out and report back. The BA's drying effect might be reduced by the saline. I'm sure there are people who use it.

My sterile saline has stayed clear for 30 days when kept in the fridge, but with that quantity, I'd likely divide it and put some into another vial to freeze. Or multiple vials, if you're taking under 1 mg daily.
 
Chili777 said:

Goonwise said:

Chili777 said:

There are a few discussions on here covering Semax and Selank that ought to address what you're asking, and you can find additional ones too.




Selank + Semax--nasal? Effects?



Hi all. Wanting to start researching with Selank and Semax. Anyone here use them nasally? How do you dose them? Do you mix them into a commercial nasal spray brand? Would love some info. TIA

View attachment 10732


GLP1Chat.com


/community-link/thread/9896/


Personally, the combination didn't work for me, though each one on its own did. For brain fog, it might be worth looking into Epitalon on here too. I did an Epitalon cycle prior to trying either of those, and I plan to keep some on hand permanently.

You're correct that BAC dries out the sinuses no matter which one you use. The mucosa gets irritated by it. Amazon carries sterile saline that doesn't contain it.
For semax, how do people generally feel about bacteriostatic saline as a diluent? Would it extend how long the solution stays usable? I have a 50mg NA semax in mind, and since I've read that saline only keeps semax and saline viable for 14-20 days, I was considering BAC saline to get a longer shelf life for intranasal use. With 50mg semax, I'd need it to last beyond that window.
While I haven't personally tried BAC saline, you could test it out and report back. The BA's drying effect might be reduced by the saline. I'm sure there are people who use it.

My sterile saline has stayed clear for 30 days when kept in the fridge, but with that quantity, I'd likely divide it and put some into another vial to freeze. Or multiple vials, if you're taking under 1 mg daily.
I'm also curious to hear what @Goonwise turns up... 👍
 
Chili777 said:


BAC Saline contains 0.9% Sodium Chloride and 0.9% BA. Even if it stings or dries your sinuses, you could add another mL or so of straight saline and still get some extended usage.

Click to expand...
That matches my own line of thinking... 👍 I've got a vial of Selank sitting in the fridge, though it doesn't hold up forever. My plan is to use plain saline, mix only 50% of the reconstituted solution into the vial along with some extra saline, and keep the remaining recon chilled until the next vial is needed....On the next recon I'll likely test the bacteriostatic saline myself in any case....👍

As for Semax, I stick to subcutaneous use. Delivered intranasally, it barely produced any effect for me...
 
I was leaning toward doing an aliquot. To sidestep the inconvenience, I figured bacteriostatic saline might work since it could cut down on the risk of microbes getting in.
 
Back
Top