Semax added on top of Selank produced an unexpected reaction

jw717us

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
 
Interesting. I've got semax and selank both on the way. What amounts are you taking, and how are you administering them?
 
I take 500 mcg of Semax nasally, either in the morning or early afternoon, depending on when I work out. So far I'm really enjoying it. It hasn't hurt my sleep one bit. Do you use it later in the day?
 
high-tide said:

Interesting. I've got semax and selank both on the way. What amounts are you taking, and how are you administering them?
Both taken intranasally

Selank 400mcg at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm

Semax 200mcg at 8am and noon
 
jw717us said:

Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
I began taking Semax at 2 mg, mornings only. That went on for 5 days. What I noticed was a fairly intense anxiety, bordering on a panic attack. Since I have been under a lot of stress lately, I can't be sure that's the cause. A work trip came up, so for the last 4 days I haven't taken it. I do feel better, though that too could just be a coincidence. Once I'm back home, I plan to try it again and see whether the same reaction shows up.

jw717us said:

high-tide said:

Interesting. I've got semax and selank both on the way. What amounts are you taking, and how are you administering them?
Both taken intranasally

Selank 400mcg at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm

Semax 200mcg at 8am and noon
 
Sara360 said:

jw717us said:

Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
I began taking Semax at 2 mg, mornings only. That went on for 5 days. What I noticed was a fairly intense anxiety, bordering on a panic attack. Since I have been under a lot of stress lately, I can't be sure that's the cause. A work trip came up, so for the last 4 days I haven't taken it. I do feel better, though that too could just be a coincidence. Once I'm back home, I plan to try it again and see whether the same reaction shows up.

jw717us said:

high-tide said:

Interesting. I've got semax and selank both on the way. What amounts are you taking, and how are you administering them?
Both taken intranasally

Selank 400mcg at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm

Semax 200mcg at 8am and noon
I’m using the intranasal route as well.
 
jw717us said:

Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
No way, absolutely not! I've got both stored in the freezer, but after hearing about your experience, I'm steering clear of the semax. Anxiety is something I deal with easily.
 
Sara360 said:

jw717us said:

Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
I began taking Semax at 2 mg, mornings only. That went on for 5 days. What I noticed was a fairly intense anxiety, bordering on a panic attack. Since I have been under a lot of stress lately, I can't be sure that's the cause. A work trip came up, so for the last 4 days I haven't taken it. I do feel better, though that too could just be a coincidence. Once I'm back home, I plan to try it again and see whether the same reaction shows up.

jw717us said:

high-tide said:

Interesting. I've got semax and selank both on the way. What amounts are you taking, and how are you administering them?
Both taken intranasally

Selank 400mcg at 9am, 1pm, and 5pm

Semax 200mcg at 8am and noon
1 mg per day intranasally was my dose, and that already felt like a lot to me — keep in mind I'm an older man dealing with brain damage. 2 mg strikes me as a hefty amount. And if anxiety tends to hit you hard, this probably isn't something that will ease it.
 
I stuck to your protocol to the letter, so the dosage I listed is probably off on my end! For each nostril I take 1 spray of the amount you specified🤪
 
I never considered myself someone who deals with anxiety, yet after looking at it more closely, it seems like it was likely always simmering just beneath the surface. At least I only picked up 1 kit, though it's disappointing since I had high hopes it would help.
 
Sara360 said:

I stuck to your protocol to the letter, so the dosage I listed is probably off on my end! For each nostril I take 1 spray of the amount you specified🤪
YIKES! So for my nasal mix, each spray delivered 500mcg. That was 20 mg diluted in 4 ml of sterile saline. You must have felt like you were tied to a rocket booster! Silver lining: you can go back over your math, dilute with extra saline to lower the strength, and come back down from orbit. 😛 Selank might be the smarter pick, even though these days I'm all about Semax.
 
byefatlicia said:

jw717us said:

Posting this in case others run into a strange reaction with this stack…

Once 2 weeks on Selank had passed, we decided to introduce Semax. Selank had already delivered a strong effect, and RS was curious whether Semax would add anything on top. RS had been dealing with recent stress, and Selank had pushed the anxiety down to background noise. After Semax was added, RS began waking between 4am-6am with a pounding heart, a mild panic attack, and anxiety. During the day Selank kept things calm, but RS noticed the same pattern repeating at the same time each night. After 5 nights, we began to suspect Semax was playing a role.

We pulled all the sleep data from Withings and Oura, fed it into a couple of AIs, and ran “what if?” scenarios. Every query returned something along these lines:

“Between 2-4 AM, cortisol naturally begins rising in preparation for waking—a normal process called the cortisol awakening response. However, in individuals with anxiety and chronic stress, this rise is exaggerated and can trigger panic.

By adding dopaminergic stimulation from Semax during this vulnerable window, you’re essentially creating a “two-hit” effect: elevated baseline cortisol + dopamine-driven alertness + sleep-stage transition vulnerability = panic. It’s not that Semax causes the cortisol spike, but it amplifies your brain’s sensitivity to it at the worst possible neurobiological moment.”

We plan to stop Semax for 2 weeks and check whether things improve. If they do, we will bring Semax back at a smaller dose, taken only in the morning..
No way, absolutely not! I've got both stored in the freezer, but after hearing about your experience, I'm steering clear of the semax. Anxiety is something I deal with easily.
One thing I can say for sure: Selank wiped out all that anxious background chatter and left me much calmer. My hope was that stacking Semax on top would unlock additional upsides. It did not. At least not at this point.
 
Sara360 said:

I never considered myself someone who deals with anxiety, yet after looking at it more closely, it seems like it was likely always simmering just beneath the surface. At least I only picked up 1 kit, though it's disappointing since I had high hopes it would help.
A month back, I'd have flatly rejected the idea that this could happen to me. Selank's effects have genuinely caught me off guard.
 
I've got both of them sitting in spray bottles, ready to use. Maybe I'll hold off on the semax and give just the selank a shot this weekend. My anxiety runs sky-high even on an ordinary day. The last thing I need is something making it worse.
 
Chili777 said:

Sara360 said:

I stuck to your protocol to the letter, so the dosage I listed is probably off on my end! For each nostril I take 1 spray of the amount you specified🤪
YIKES! So for my nasal mix, each spray delivered 500mcg. That was 20 mg diluted in 4 ml of sterile saline. You must have felt like you were tied to a rocket booster! Silver lining: you can go back over your math, dilute with extra saline to lower the strength, and come back down from orbit. 😛 Selank might be the smarter pick, even though these days I'm all about Semax.
I got the dosing wrong when I said it earlier — what I actually did was take (2) 10 mg bottles and mix them with 4 ml sterile saline. The snoot bottles from your post are the ones I ordered, and my routine was 1 spray in each nostril each morning. I'll give it another shot to find out whether it was purely coincidental. Fingers crossed that's all it was. Today I'm putting in an order for Selank. My crypto transfer hadn't cleared yet, so I had no choice but to wait 🙄
 
Sara360 said:

Chili777 said:

Sara360 said:

I stuck to your protocol to the letter, so the dosage I listed is probably off on my end! For each nostril I take 1 spray of the amount you specified🤪
YIKES! So for my nasal mix, each spray delivered 500mcg. That was 20 mg diluted in 4 ml of sterile saline. You must have felt like you were tied to a rocket booster! Silver lining: you can go back over your math, dilute with extra saline to lower the strength, and come back down from orbit. 😛 Selank might be the smarter pick, even though these days I'm all about Semax.
I got the dosing wrong when I said it earlier — what I actually did was take (2) 10 mg bottles and mix them with 4 ml sterile saline. The snoot bottles from your post are the ones I ordered, and my routine was 1 spray in each nostril each morning. I'll give it another shot to find out whether it was purely coincidental. Fingers crossed that's all it was. Today I'm putting in an order for Selank. My crypto transfer hadn't cleared yet, so I had no choice but to wait 🙄
Diluting further with additional saline is an option if you want to reduce the strength, though it's also possible this combination simply isn't suited to you.
 
Once a week had passed and the Selank had settled back to baseline, we chose to give Semax another shot, this time at 200mcg right at the start of the day. Up to now, all appears to be functioning normally. In a week or 2, we'll look at increasing the dose.

At least in my RS's case, it does appear that stretches of intense stress and anxiety alongside Semax turned out poorly.
 
Back
Top