Semaglutide vs tirzepatide: still weighing the options

leo_123

Explorer
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
America
Hey all,

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on my introduction post—hearing about your various journeys has given me a lot to think about.

At this point, I’m still stuck on which one to go with: semaglutide or tirzepatide.

Based on what I’ve gathered, they both appear to work, though their characteristics differ a bit. I’m trying to figure out which would be the better fit for someone like me—hitting a fat loss plateau even with steady training and diet.

If you’ve used one or both, what tipped the scales for you? And did the results line up with what you expected?

Thanks for any thoughts—I’m still absorbing all of this.
 
leo_123 said:

Hey all,

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on my introduction post—hearing about your various journeys has given me a lot to think about.

At this point, I’m still stuck on which one to go with: semaglutide or tirzepatide.

Based on what I’ve gathered, they both appear to work, though their characteristics differ a bit. I’m trying to figure out which would be the better fit for someone like me—hitting a fat loss plateau even with steady training and diet.

If you’ve used one or both, what tipped the scales for you? And did the results line up with what you expected?

Thanks for any thoughts—I’m still absorbing all of this.
What makes retarutide a bad option?
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

leo_123 said:

Hey all,

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on my introduction post—hearing about your various journeys has given me a lot to think about.

At this point, I’m still stuck on which one to go with: semaglutide or tirzepatide.

Based on what I’ve gathered, they both appear to work, though their characteristics differ a bit. I’m trying to figure out which would be the better fit for someone like me—hitting a fat loss plateau even with steady training and diet.

If you’ve used one or both, what tipped the scales for you? And did the results line up with what you expected?

Thanks for any thoughts—I’m still absorbing all of this.
What makes retarutide a bad option?
Retatrutide has come up in a few discussions, and I’m still working on getting a clearer picture of it.

At this point, my main focus is on the options that see more frequent use, because there seems to be more data from real-world experience with those. Thanks for putting the idea out there, though.
 
leo_123 said:

JohannesSweden77 said:

leo_123 said:

Hey all,

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on my introduction post—hearing about your various journeys has given me a lot to think about.

At this point, I’m still stuck on which one to go with: semaglutide or tirzepatide.

Based on what I’ve gathered, they both appear to work, though their characteristics differ a bit. I’m trying to figure out which would be the better fit for someone like me—hitting a fat loss plateau even with steady training and diet.

If you’ve used one or both, what tipped the scales for you? And did the results line up with what you expected?

Thanks for any thoughts—I’m still absorbing all of this.
What makes retarutide a bad option?
Retatrutide has come up in a few discussions, and I’m still working on getting a clearer picture of it.

At this point, my main focus is on the options that see more frequent use, because there seems to be more data from real-world experience with those. Thanks for putting the idea out there, though.
That makes total sense to me. I'm in the same spot with Reta — I haven't started it yet. I've got some on hand for whenever I make that call. Plenty of folks in this community know their way around retarutide. As for me, I've been on tirzepatide since November of last year
 
If I had to pick, I'd say Triz

80lbs gone after 11 months. That's with watching what I eat, lifting weights and getting my steps in.

Currently giving reta a go, though the appetite suppression doesn't hit as hard — or maybe your body torches more calories, so you end up hungrier... Hard to say
 
Tirz, based on what the trial data shows, it looks fairly obvious that it works 2 times as well as Sema, and it comes with fewer side effects.
 
Price might be the only thing that makes Sema a better pick than Tirz, as far as I can tell. Tirz simply comes out ahead. The results are stronger, and even more significant is that it brings fewer side effects. On top of that, Tirz has become fairly affordable, so price doesn't hold up as much of a reason anymore. Tirz is the way to go,
 
5byfive said:

Price might be the only thing that makes Sema a better pick than Tirz, as far as I can tell. Tirz simply comes out ahead. The results are stronger, and even more significant is that it brings fewer side effects. On top of that, Tirz has become fairly affordable, so price doesn't hold up as much of a reason anymore. Tirz is the way to go,
I've also noticed that, compared with other glps, Tirz gives me the strongest decrease in inflammation!
 
I began on Sema and titrated up to the maximum dose as recommended, after which I made the switch to Tirz. When I was on the 2.4 Sema, the compounding company advised beginning Tirz at 9mg. The weight began coming off once more, and I noticed Tirz came with fewer side effects. While on Sema, I frequently experienced mild nausea. With Tirz there was no nausea, though constipation was a significant issue at the start. That resolved after a few weeks once I started eating prunes daily. I'm still using Tirz and have lately moved to a 5 day instead of 7 day schedule in an attempt to break through a stall. Whether that helps isn't clear yet. For me, Tirz turned out to be the better option. That said, each person's body responds in its own way. My own view is that Tirz delivers stronger results while causing fewer side effects.
 
A lot of folks criticize Sema, yet for me it did the job, and in my view every GLP1 deserves a place as an option. After being on a maintenance dose of Sema, I made the switch to Tirz a few months back. These days I use Tirz to maintain. Sema gave me noticeably greater appetite suppression, and that's something I really miss.

When it comes to side effects, sure, Sema might come with more, but my take is that with whichever route you pick, it's simply about handling them.

Best of luck, and make the most of this journey. For me, it's been great.
 
mtomm said:

A lot of folks criticize Sema, yet for me it did the job, and in my view every GLP1 deserves a place as an option. After being on a maintenance dose of Sema, I made the switch to Tirz a few months back. These days I use Tirz to maintain. Sema gave me noticeably greater appetite suppression, and that's something I really miss.

When it comes to side effects, sure, Sema might come with more, but my take is that with whichever route you pick, it's simply about handling them.

Best of luck, and make the most of this journey. For me, it's been great.
Each one is simply an option among many...I've got a few kits of Sema sitting around, though I doubt I'll ever actually want to use it—still, they're available...Right now Tirz is what I'm taking and it's doing a great job...If I were to add anything, it would probably be stacking Reta alongside the Tirz, just to see how it goes...
 
Tirzepatide is the only one I've used, and I'm really happy with it! After 5 months, I'm down 30lbs and my activity levels haven't changed at all. My eating habits—both how much and how well I eat—have gotten better simply because my tastes, reactions, and cravings shifted, and I didn't have to work hard at it. The food noise and obsession? Completely gone!

On top of that, studies combining tirz with Eloralintide look really promising, so if you ever decide to add something later on, it seems like it would make a nice little stack.
 
Flash-BCR said:

mtomm said:

A lot of folks criticize Sema, yet for me it did the job, and in my view every GLP1 deserves a place as an option. After being on a maintenance dose of Sema, I made the switch to Tirz a few months back. These days I use Tirz to maintain. Sema gave me noticeably greater appetite suppression, and that's something I really miss.

When it comes to side effects, sure, Sema might come with more, but my take is that with whichever route you pick, it's simply about handling them.

Best of luck, and make the most of this journey. For me, it's been great.
Each one is simply an option among many...I've got a few kits of Sema sitting around, though I doubt I'll ever actually want to use it—still, they're available...Right now Tirz is what I'm taking and it's doing a great job...If I were to add anything, it would probably be stacking Reta alongside the Tirz, just to see how it goes...
Agreed—I keep those options available in case they become necessary.
 
HouseCat said:

Tirzepatide is the only one I've used, and I'm really happy with it! After 5 months, I'm down 30lbs and my activity levels haven't changed at all. My eating habits—both how much and how well I eat—have gotten better simply because my tastes, reactions, and cravings shifted, and I didn't have to work hard at it. The food noise and obsession? Completely gone!

On top of that, studies combining tirz with Eloralintide look really promising, so if you ever decide to add something later on, it seems like it would make a nice little stack.
Oh absolutely, pairing tirz with elora might end up being unbeatable!...As things stand, my stockpile leans heavily toward tirz, alongside a hefty amount of reta...plus a few kits apiece of sema and cagril...Given my age, I figure what I've got stored will see me out 😯 so unless elora's price drops enough for me to tack some on soon, I doubt I'll bother adding it. Still, I'm confident that whatever I already have will cover all my needs far into the future, especially since I can switch things around whenever necessary...👍
 
leo_123 said:

Hey all,

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in on my introduction post—hearing about your various journeys has given me a lot to think about.

At this point, I’m still stuck on which one to go with: semaglutide or tirzepatide.

Based on what I’ve gathered, they both appear to work, though their characteristics differ a bit. I’m trying to figure out which would be the better fit for someone like me—hitting a fat loss plateau even with steady training and diet.

If you’ve used one or both, what tipped the scales for you? And did the results line up with what you expected?

Thanks for any thoughts—I’m still absorbing all of this.
When it comes to effectiveness, tirzepatide comes out ahead in both research findings and what users describe. On the question of side effects, though, the research doesn't point clearly to either option, while people who take them often say tirzepatide gives them fewer problems.
 
Back
Top