Johnny D
Explorer
For anyone here who made the change from Sema over to Tirz — was it your experience that Tirz brought on stronger side-effects, or did you actually have fewer of them??
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My Sema dose was 1mg.lessthanhalf said:
When it comes to tirz dosing, 2.5mg carries very little risk on the side effect front, though the right call hinges largely on the semaglutide dose you came from. Coming off 2.4mg, jumping directly to 5 mg is close to completely safe. In most cases 15mg of tirz will produce fewer side effects than 2.4 of sema, but starting at that level is not something I would recommend. Should hunger still be strong and weight loss stalled, raising the dose by 2.5mg every 2 weeks would be reasonably safe, provided your prior sema dose was decent. If your sema dose was on the lower end, then titrate the tirz up more gradually, with every 4 weeks being the standard interval.
Sema and tirz both generally need 24 hours before blood levels peak, so side effects can only be judged tomorrow, and check out glp1plotter, it is very useful for understanding what blood levels of the drug do over time and makes adjusting doses easier and make more sense.
On the whole, tirz shows notably fewer gastrointestinal side effects than sema, and delivers greater weight loss, chiefly because the GIP agonism offsets the GLP-1 agonism's side effects, and aids weight loss.
My plan was to bump it up to 5mg Tirz next week, then hold at 5mg for 4 weeks, and wait until week 5 before moving to 7.5mglessthanhalf said:
As long as you're aware that when you stay on the same dose, the amount of drug in your bloodstream continues to rise over 4 weeks (which is why checking glp1plotter makes sense), then it's fairly safe. There's never a 0% chance of unexpected side effects, but typically 1mg of sema will produce significantly worse GI issues than 5mg of tirz. Since you're seeing no side effects at 2.5mg, that's a solid sign you likely won't experience much worse after raising the dose. I wouldn't jump straight to 7.5mg the following week—perhaps only after 2 or 3 weeks if there are still zero side effects; otherwise, hold off for 4 weeks.
Johnny D said:
My plan was to bump it up to 5mg Tirz next week, then hold at 5mg for 4 weeks, and wait until week 5 before moving to 7.5mglessthanhalf said:
As long as you're aware that when you stay on the same dose, the amount of drug in your bloodstream continues to rise over 4 weeks (which is why checking glp1plotter makes sense), then it's fairly safe. There's never a 0% chance of unexpected side effects, but typically 1mg of sema will produce significantly worse GI issues than 5mg of tirz. Since you're seeing no side effects at 2.5mg, that's a solid sign you likely won't experience much worse after raising the dose. I wouldn't jump straight to 7.5mg the following week—perhaps only after 2 or 3 weeks if there are still zero side effects; otherwise, hold off for 4 weeks.
So, in your opinion, which one should I go with??woundcarping said:
The 4 week timing isn’t magical, it’s math.
With the big 3’s half lives ranging from 5-7 days, by the second week, you’re at 75-86% of the steady state level. Week 3 is 88-95%. Week 4 is 94-98%.
If you’re bridging from brutish Sema to more polished Tirz, frequent small doses are a safer way to rapidly ramp your exposure to find efficacy or sides. That’s what I did going from 5mg Tirz to Reta. It was very effective towards my goals and minimal to no meaningful adverse sides.
You can find my other blatherings on it by searching for “bridge” and my name.
Click to expand...
So perhaps I ought to remain at 2.5mg, observe how much weight comes off over the coming weeks, and then maybe keep at 2.5mg for no less than 4 weeks??
Johnny D said:
So maybe I should stay on 2.5mg, see how much weight I lose over the next few weeks, and then perhaps stay on 2.5mg for at least 4 weeks??
Click to expand...