Selank/Semax Experiences

mchuchu

Explorer
Joined
Aug 13, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
 
Keeping an eye on this thread. I really want to get started with these 2, though the feedback I keep coming across is all over the place.

There are those who mention Intranasal, while others insist SubQ is the way - it'll be good to see what people have to share.
 
mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
If your method isn't subq or intranasal, you won't get any effect. These peptides break down easily, so they have to go in via subq or intranasal to reach their target receptors without falling apart. With a nasal spray, semax hit me right away—though I've never tried it subq.

Which route are you taking?

Cheers!
 
mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
The following page covers semax

https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/semax
 
Devilseye said:

mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
If your method isn't subq or intranasal, you won't get any effect. These peptides break down easily, so they have to go in via subq or intranasal to reach their target receptors without falling apart. With a nasal spray, semax hit me right away—though I've never tried it subq.

Which route are you taking?

Cheers!
According to what's posted here, Selank is meant to be injected

https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/selank
 
For both compounds, the standard route described in the literature is mostly intranasal, so switching to subQ is not typically the first thing to try if nothing is felt. Common intranasal ranges mentioned tend to be about 200–600 mcg taken multiple times daily — your dose is at the lower end — and many individuals report no immediate sensation even after completing a brief course. If any effect does appear, it generally comes within minutes up to 30 minutes, rather than weeks afterward; the response varies a great deal from person to person.
 
Devilseye said:

mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
If your method isn't subq or intranasal, you won't get any effect. These peptides break down easily, so they have to go in via subq or intranasal to reach their target receptors without falling apart. With a nasal spray, semax hit me right away—though I've never tried it subq.

Which route are you taking?

Cheers!
Both are intranasal

John_C said:

For both compounds, the standard route described in the literature is mostly intranasal, so switching to subQ is not typically the first thing to try if nothing is felt. Common intranasal ranges mentioned tend to be about 200–600 mcg taken multiple times daily — your dose is at the lower end — and many individuals report no immediate sensation even after completing a brief course. If any effect does appear, it generally comes within minutes up to 30 minutes, rather than weeks afterward; the response varies a great deal from person to person.

Yeah, based on what I came across, I chose the intranasal route. Thanks for the feedback — I might raise the dose by roughly 100mcg each day until I notice a effect. Perhaps I'll end up at 10mg dosing someday 🤣.

Joking aside, it's possible I have some kind of nasal issue (my sense of smell is worse than other people's), so my receptors could be somewhat damaged. From what I've been reading, I may switch to NA/name brand as a final option.
 
When it comes to standard Semax, my own dose is 1 mg taken intranasally, though I already know it agrees with me. A reasonable approach might be to begin with 500 mcg and observe the effect.
 
I've used both compounds concurrently, though I kept them in different vials and administered them intranasally. My routine was usually 500mg Semax prior to work, occasionally followed by another 500mg around midday, and then 500mg Selank once I was back home to relax. I'm aware that some individuals prefer to combine everything into one blend for morning use.

For me, Semax's effects were quite understated. I can't really point to any significant benefit from it. That said, I've previously used stronger stimulants at different stages of my life, and I'm on the younger side compared to some folks in this community, which could account for why I didn't feel much.

With Selank, I did pick up on a gentle anxiolytic quality. Again, it wasn't on par with benzos or other mind-altering drugs, but it stood out to me more than Semax did.

I still have a few vials of each remaining and might try subq administration before calling it quits. I also intend to give Adamax a shot eventually.
 
fatjacked said:

I've used both compounds concurrently, though I kept them in different vials and administered them intranasally. My routine was usually 500mg Semax prior to work, occasionally followed by another 500mg around midday, and then 500mg Selank once I was back home to relax. I'm aware that some individuals prefer to combine everything into one blend for morning use.

For me, Semax's effects were quite understated. I can't really point to any significant benefit from it. That said, I've previously used stronger stimulants at different stages of my life, and I'm on the younger side compared to some folks in this community, which could account for why I didn't feel much.

With Selank, I did pick up on a gentle anxiolytic quality. Again, it wasn't on par with benzos or other mind-altering drugs, but it stood out to me more than Semax did.

I still have a few vials of each remaining and might try subq administration before calling it quits. I also intend to give Adamax a shot eventually.
When purchasing adamax, verify that you're getting the 1,032 dalton variant, since I've come across versions with lower dalton values.
 
mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!
For my selank IN, I mix it so that every spray delivers 200mcg. My dose is 2 sprays, which comes to 400mg. The calming/anti-anxiety effect shows up for me in 10-15 mins. My hubby takes it to get to sleep. His usual amount is 3 sprays (600mcg), and he's out in roughly 20 mins rather than 2 hours. With Semax IN, I mix each spray to 300 mcg. Same deal, 2 sprays per dose... it does nothing for me. I don't get the sense hubby feels much from it either.

For a few days, hubby tried semax sub q at 2mg. Sitting still was almost impossible for him. Selank sub q is something neither of us has experimented with.
 
I've given both Selank and Semax a go, and for me the effects are subtle yet perceptible. Having cycled benzodiazapines and ADHD meds on and off throughout most of my life, I'd say that if you're after a substitute, these are far gentler than the prescription versions. The upside is that I've never experienced any rebound the following day. I've tried both nasal and subq routes.
 
My routine involves a semax/selank combo that I inject each morning at 500mcg of each... In the evening, I also inject 500mcg of selank... For all my reconstitutions, I use NaCL BAC water. When it comes to selank, I combine 2 10mg vials and filter them into a single sterile vial. I've got some NA selank 30s on the way (fingers crossed) that I'll switch to next......

After that... I use a syringe to pull roughly .5ml of the selank solution (10mg/ml) and spray it into a snoot bottle, then I mix in 2ml of sterile saline water to the snoot and bring it to work in a vial case that has a frozen ice block insert (it's shaped to fit the snoot bottle perfectly). It stays on my credenza behind my desk. A single blast 1-2 times a day is sufficient. At night, I stick the ice block in the freezer in the break room, and the vial case with the snoot bottle goes in the fridge... That lasts me about a week to 10 days before I notice the potency dropping off... I just rinse and repeat with a new snoot bottle...
 
mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!

For my part, subq is the route I favor. With semax, nothing registered until I reached roughly 500 mcg; what I noticed was subtle — conversations flowing more easily, along with improved working memory and recall. In time I climbed to 1mg, though my tolerance runs fairly high. Selank likewise needed around 500mcg before any effect appeared, and I eventually settled on 700mcg as my "sweet spot"

Regarding other peptides aimed at cognition, the list includes Adalank, Adamax, P21, Dihexa, Pinealon , Cortagen, PE-22-28, Cerebrolysin
 
I began taking both compounds through subq not long ago. As far as semax goes, I can't really tell whether it's doing anything for me. Selank, though, seems to leave me somewhat more relaxed and less prone to reacting strongly. On top of that, I find myself not getting too worked up over what other people do. Before, other people's behavior would consistently irritate me, but these days I can move past things fast and just go with a "let them" mindset lol.
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

mchuchu said:

Hey all,

I've been using semax/selank intranasally for a short time now, roughly 200-250mcg each time, and I'm not noticing any effects. Could anyone describe what the expected sensations are? Would subq be a better route? Should I increase the amount? Do these peptides need weeks or months before results show up, similar to other peps? Also, are there other peps available that target brain cognition? Thanks everyone!

For my part, subq is the route I favor. With semax, nothing registered until I reached roughly 500 mcg; what I noticed was subtle — conversations flowing more easily, along with improved working memory and recall. In time I climbed to 1mg, though my tolerance runs fairly high. Selank likewise needed around 500mcg before any effect appeared, and I eventually settled on 700mcg as my "sweet spot"

Regarding other peptides aimed at cognition, the list includes Adalank, Adamax, P21, Dihexa, Pinealon , Cortagen, PE-22-28, Cerebrolysin
Those other peps you brought up are absolutely going on my research list—thanks!
 
CNCCurrency said:

fatjacked said:

I've used both compounds concurrently, though I kept them in different vials and administered them intranasally. My routine was usually 500mg Semax prior to work, occasionally followed by another 500mg around midday, and then 500mg Selank once I was back home to relax. I'm aware that some individuals prefer to combine everything into one blend for morning use.

For me, Semax's effects were quite understated. I can't really point to any significant benefit from it. That said, I've previously used stronger stimulants at different stages of my life, and I'm on the younger side compared to some folks in this community, which could account for why I didn't feel much.

With Selank, I did pick up on a gentle anxiolytic quality. Again, it wasn't on par with benzos or other mind-altering drugs, but it stood out to me more than Semax did.

I still have a few vials of each remaining and might try subq administration before calling it quits. I also intend to give Adamax a shot eventually.
When purchasing adamax, verify that you're getting the 1,032 dalton variant, since I've come across versions with lower dalton values.
I have a large amount of Adamax 20mg 1032 headed my way. Looking forward to giving it a go. There isn't much information available about it.
 
Redz said:

CNCCurrency said:

fatjacked said:

I've used both compounds concurrently, though I kept them in different vials and administered them intranasally. My routine was usually 500mg Semax prior to work, occasionally followed by another 500mg around midday, and then 500mg Selank once I was back home to relax. I'm aware that some individuals prefer to combine everything into one blend for morning use.

For me, Semax's effects were quite understated. I can't really point to any significant benefit from it. That said, I've previously used stronger stimulants at different stages of my life, and I'm on the younger side compared to some folks in this community, which could account for why I didn't feel much.

With Selank, I did pick up on a gentle anxiolytic quality. Again, it wasn't on par with benzos or other mind-altering drugs, but it stood out to me more than Semax did.

I still have a few vials of each remaining and might try subq administration before calling it quits. I also intend to give Adamax a shot eventually.
When purchasing adamax, verify that you're getting the 1,032 dalton variant, since I've come across versions with lower dalton values.
I have a large amount of Adamax 20mg 1032 headed my way. Looking forward to giving it a go. There isn't much information available about it.
Let us know how it goes !
 
Back
Top