Seeking Insight Into Advantages That Go Beyond Weight Reduction

AsterixNYC

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
NYC
I’m glad to have landed in this community. What brought me here is a wish to get a better grasp on how body weight, inflammation, detoxification, mood, and general wellness are linked.

For about the last two years, my health has been challenging in the wake of mold/mycotoxin exposure. I’ve dealt with exhaustion, mental fuzziness, anxious feelings, trouble sleeping, inflammatory issues, and difficulty getting back to what feels like “normal.” What keeps striking me is how tightly these pieces seem to connect: how the body handles energy, the routes it uses to clear toxins, shifts in weight up or down, sharpness of thought, available energy, and even emotional steadiness.

I’m especially eager to hear real accounts from people here, above all about:

- clearing toxins and inflammation
- GLP-1s and wellness effects that extend past weight loss
- changes in mood and mental sharpness
- energy and drive
- hunger regulation and inflammation
- a healthier overall state, rather than simply a smaller number on the scale

My main aim in joining is to learn, trade experiences, and hopefully meet others on similar journeys. I look forward to your stories and insights.
 
AsterixNYC said:

I’m glad to have landed in this community. What brought me here is a wish to get a better grasp on how body weight, inflammation, detoxification, mood, and general wellness are linked.

For about the last two years, my health has been challenging in the wake of mold/mycotoxin exposure. I’ve dealt with exhaustion, mental fuzziness, anxious feelings, trouble sleeping, inflammatory issues, and difficulty getting back to what feels like “normal.” What keeps striking me is how tightly these pieces seem to connect: how the body handles energy, the routes it uses to clear toxins, shifts in weight up or down, sharpness of thought, available energy, and even emotional steadiness.

I’m especially eager to hear real accounts from people here, above all about:

- clearing toxins and inflammation
- GLP-1s and wellness effects that extend past weight loss
- changes in mood and mental sharpness
- energy and drive
- hunger regulation and inflammation
- a healthier overall state, rather than simply a smaller number on the scale

My main aim in joining is to learn, trade experiences, and hopefully meet others on similar journeys. I look forward to your stories and insights.
A smart choice.

719d14484495353588fb826baf0d6e5de79249f9a5319901612094ae058f9539.gif
 
An Asterix in search of his magic potion—that’s funny.

Where brain fog is concerned, the aGLP-1s I have tried—Lira, Tirz, and Reta—clearly work as a nootropic in my case. My mind feels as sharp as it did when I was 20. Over the past year I finished more projects than I managed in the five years before that combined, and my partners are having a hard time keeping pace with me.

Keeping diabetes stable: this tends to be forgotten, yet it is the main purpose of GLP-1 agonists.

Combining SS-31 with MOTS-c removes fatigue. This morning I introduced 5AMQ, and that stuff is genuinely great dope.

KPV, used by itself and not inside Klow, visibly lowers skin inflammation.
 
When people use GLP-1s, some report that their mood gets better and that ADHD-like symptoms improve. Others describe emotional blunting or anhedonia. For me, I’ve come to understand that my dopamine system is easily thrown off. After two weeks on sema, I had SI; after roughly a month on tirz, I couldn’t get tasks started. Both were microdoses—at or below half the starting dose.

Your questions around inflammation, mood, and long-term conditions are the right ones to ask. Trouble sleeping can feed into every one of those areas. And the HPA axis is the subject of intriguing research linking gut health and mental health.

Start with the major levers: vitamin levels, a balanced diet, managing stress, and regular movement. No peptide or supplement lets someone “cancel” a poor diet. If the body doesn’t have the nutrients it needs to repair itself, someone will feel awful.

Blood levels should be judged by more than just “lab normal.” There’s an optimal range too. For instance, vitamin D is usually where most people feel best in the upper 1/4-1/3 of the range. A lot of us are nowhere near that; I didn’t test mine until I was 47, and it was low. Raising my D revealed other health issues that the deficiency had been hiding…. So that “first” step—handling the big things—can feel like working a knot loose.
 
Something has shifted in my basal metabolism on Retatrutide that ozempic or tirzepatide never managed to fix. My body is losing weight the way it did for me 10 years ago, when I was a healthy, normal person.

Unless my July genetic tests find something, I’ll probably stay on it for the rest of my life.
 
AsterixNYC said:

I’m glad to have landed in this community. What brought me here is a wish to get a better grasp on how body weight, inflammation, detoxification, mood, and general wellness are linked.

For about the last two years, my health has been challenging in the wake of mold/mycotoxin exposure. I’ve dealt with exhaustion, mental fuzziness, anxious feelings, trouble sleeping, inflammatory issues, and difficulty getting back to what feels like “normal.” What keeps striking me is how tightly these pieces seem to connect: how the body handles energy, the routes it uses to clear toxins, shifts in weight up or down, sharpness of thought, available energy, and even emotional steadiness.

I’m especially eager to hear real accounts from people here, above all about:

- clearing toxins and inflammation
- GLP-1s and wellness effects that extend past weight loss
- changes in mood and mental sharpness
- energy and drive
- hunger regulation and inflammation
- a healthier overall state, rather than simply a smaller number on the scale

My main aim in joining is to learn, trade experiences, and hopefully meet others on similar journeys. I look forward to your stories and insights.

man, welcome, and what you wrote really resonates with me. I also went through exposure to black mold for roughly 4 years, and it was actually dripping from the ceiling above me while I slept. Every symptom you listed, I felt too: brain fog, fatigue, inflammation, anxiety, and that sense of not being normal.

Getting away from that place mattered most, honestly. Once I moved, I gradually began to feel like myself again as time passed.

Right now I'm on reta. It's been about 2 weeks; I started at 217 and I'm already at 198. The wildest thing, honestly, isn't the weight—it's that I feel more like myself again. Having the food noise gone has boosted my mental clarity far more than I thought it would.

I've also been stacking peptides such as ghk-cu and bpc for inflammation and recovery. I just heard about glutathione from someone here, and the claims people make about it for detox and inflammation sound wild. It might be worth checking out specifically for your mold situation.
 
lastresort said:

Something has shifted in my basal metabolism on Retatrutide that ozempic or tirzepatide never managed to fix. My body is losing weight the way it did for me 10 years ago, when I was a healthy, normal person.

Unless my July genetic tests find something, I’ll probably stay on it for the rest of my life.
For me, Reta honestly appeared to have zero effect! I had been combining it with Tirz. I still have a good amount remaining and paused it, so at this point I’m thinking about restarting on Reta alone. If you’re okay sharing, what dose were you using, or how did you titrate?
 
KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
 
moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to create a thread of your own? In that earlier discussion, what you’re asking is quite different from the original poster’s query.
 
eidos said:

moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to create a thread of your own? In that earlier discussion, what you’re asking is quite different from the original poster’s query.
I don't view it as a separate issue. I pointed to one thing I regarded as a plus unrelated to fat loss, and also mentioned something I haven't found with a glp.

I’m glad to have landed in this community. What brought me here is a wish to get a better grasp on how body weight, inflammation, detoxification, mood, and general wellness are linked.

For about the last two years, my health has been challenging in the wake of mold/mycotoxin exposure. I’ve dealt with exhaustion, mental fuzziness, anxious feelings, trouble sleeping, inflammatory issues, and difficulty getting back to what feels like “normal.” What keeps striking me is how tightly these pieces seem to connect: how the body handles energy, the routes it uses to clear toxins, shifts in weight up or down, sharpness of thought, available energy, and even emotional steadiness.

I’m especially eager to hear real accounts from people here, above all about:

- clearing toxins and inflammation
- GLP-1s and wellness effects that extend past weight loss
- changes in mood and mental sharpness
- energy and drive
- hunger regulation and inflammation
- a healthier overall state, rather than simply a smaller number on the scale

My main aim in joining is to learn, trade experiences, and hopefully meet others on similar journeys. I look forward to your stories and insights.
 
moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
It might be worth adding magnesium, CoQ10, and LCarnitine to the mix, plus other supplements...

For the OP... reta doesn't seem like something I'd expect to help with any of those concerns. A more probable outcome is that sleep may suffer, along with fatigue and brain fog. If POTS is present, it really ought to be avoided because RHR increases. Nice that tirz was beneficial for you, though!

The unfortunate reality is that peptides can't solve every issue. In my case, stimulating my methylation cycle and digging deeper into B vitamins gave a big boost to my daytime energy... Cardio is also part of it, as staying healthy in any capacity requires it. Best of luck.
 
birdwhacker said:

moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
It might be worth adding magnesium, CoQ10, and LCarnitine to the mix, plus other supplements...

For the OP... reta doesn't seem like something I'd expect to help with any of those concerns. A more probable outcome is that sleep may suffer, along with fatigue and brain fog. If POTS is present, it really ought to be avoided because RHR increases. Nice that tirz was beneficial for you, though!

The unfortunate reality is that peptides can't solve every issue. In my case, stimulating my methylation cycle and digging deeper into B vitamins gave a big boost to my daytime energy... Cardio is also part of it, as staying healthy in any capacity requires it. Best of luck.
Most days—when I remember to take my supps—I’ve been on mag glycinate. I also do omega 3 concentrated. Because of hashimoto, I was a little scared of L carnitine, but I’m up for trying it.

From what I’ve seen, GLP is supposed to worsen PoTS, but my heart rate at rest is lower because there are fewer spikes, or that’s how I think they calculate it. CoQ10 never occurred to me, but I can go get some. I know I’ve still got a lot of inflammation.

Sorry for any typos I missed—I’m typing without light.
 
moodymama76 said:

eidos said:

moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to create a thread of your own? In that earlier discussion, what you’re asking is quite different from the original poster’s query.
I don't view it as a separate issue. I pointed to one thing I regarded as a plus unrelated to fat loss, and also mentioned something I haven't found with a glp.

I’m glad to have landed in this community. What brought me here is a wish to get a better grasp on how body weight, inflammation, detoxification, mood, and general wellness are linked.

For about the last two years, my health has been challenging in the wake of mold/mycotoxin exposure. I’ve dealt with exhaustion, mental fuzziness, anxious feelings, trouble sleeping, inflammatory issues, and difficulty getting back to what feels like “normal.” What keeps striking me is how tightly these pieces seem to connect: how the body handles energy, the routes it uses to clear toxins, shifts in weight up or down, sharpness of thought, available energy, and even emotional steadiness.

I’m especially eager to hear real accounts from people here, above all about:

- clearing toxins and inflammation
- GLP-1s and wellness effects that extend past weight loss
- changes in mood and mental sharpness
- energy and drive
- hunger regulation and inflammation
- a healthier overall state, rather than simply a smaller number on the scale

My main aim in joining is to learn, trade experiences, and hopefully meet others on similar journeys. I look forward to your stories and insights.
What you're dealing with isn't common, and a separate thread with a descriptive heading would likely bring you more useful replies.
 
moodymama76 said:

birdwhacker said:

moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
It might be worth adding magnesium, CoQ10, and LCarnitine to the mix, plus other supplements...

For the OP... reta doesn't seem like something I'd expect to help with any of those concerns. A more probable outcome is that sleep may suffer, along with fatigue and brain fog. If POTS is present, it really ought to be avoided because RHR increases. Nice that tirz was beneficial for you, though!

The unfortunate reality is that peptides can't solve every issue. In my case, stimulating my methylation cycle and digging deeper into B vitamins gave a big boost to my daytime energy... Cardio is also part of it, as staying healthy in any capacity requires it. Best of luck.
Most days—when I remember to take my supps—I’ve been on mag glycinate. I also do omega 3 concentrated. Because of hashimoto, I was a little scared of L carnitine, but I’m up for trying it.

From what I’ve seen, GLP is supposed to worsen PoTS, but my heart rate at rest is lower because there are fewer spikes, or that’s how I think they calculate it. CoQ10 never occurred to me, but I can go get some. I know I’ve still got a lot of inflammation.

Sorry for any typos I missed—I’m typing without light.
CoQ10 is something I'd absolutely suggest trying. With Hashimotos, though, L-Carnitine makes me hesitant. According to Google, studies in hypothyroid patients have used under 2g per day and it helped ease fatigue.

I don't know what your budget looks like, but this particular version is the most bio-available for reaching the heart. For whatever reason it stopped being popular, and only two brands still carry it. If money is tight, tartarate is the fallback.


https://a.co/d/04xpIgLH


Honestly, I'd put it ahead of the thyroid, because CoQ10 and L-Carnitine do a lot for heart health.

For coq10, the ubiquinol from nutricost is worth trying.

Your cause definitely has my sympathy. Magnesium has been part of my daily routine for as far back as I can recall. Same with Omega 3, naturally. A break of only three weeks brings on heart palpitations for me. Back when I was a heavy stimulant user, quitting meth once left me with a week of something resembling POTS, so cardiovascular health is a subject I follow closely.

About the GLP material you've come across: retatrutide was likely what they meant. The space remains wild-west and cutting-edge, so many healthcare providers and personality cults eagerly repeat secondhand information. Any day, I'd trust a random forum user more than them.
 
birdwhacker said:

moodymama76 said:

birdwhacker said:

moodymama76 said:

KPV is now something I’m examining closely. The conditions I live with are hashimoto, SpA, and PoTS. Tirzepatide has been part of my routine since Nov 25. Enbrel, IMO, is what carries most of the load. For SpA, tirz doesn’t seem to have changed much in my case, yet I’m down 51lbs so far, which I consider a win.

I haven’t come across anyone mentioning this, but my sense is that Tirz is aiding my PoTS. Since April, my resting heart rate has also fallen from 74 to 62. Standing spikes have decreased from around 130 to the 90s. PoTS makes heat difficult in its own way; today I spiked to 138, but the shaky, collapse feeling didn’t hit. I had just been outdoors placing fresh nesting pads into the chicken nest boxes.
It might be worth adding magnesium, CoQ10, and LCarnitine to the mix, plus other supplements...

For the OP... reta doesn't seem like something I'd expect to help with any of those concerns. A more probable outcome is that sleep may suffer, along with fatigue and brain fog. If POTS is present, it really ought to be avoided because RHR increases. Nice that tirz was beneficial for you, though!

The unfortunate reality is that peptides can't solve every issue. In my case, stimulating my methylation cycle and digging deeper into B vitamins gave a big boost to my daytime energy... Cardio is also part of it, as staying healthy in any capacity requires it. Best of luck.
Most days—when I remember to take my supps—I’ve been on mag glycinate. I also do omega 3 concentrated. Because of hashimoto, I was a little scared of L carnitine, but I’m up for trying it.

From what I’ve seen, GLP is supposed to worsen PoTS, but my heart rate at rest is lower because there are fewer spikes, or that’s how I think they calculate it. CoQ10 never occurred to me, but I can go get some. I know I’ve still got a lot of inflammation.

Sorry for any typos I missed—I’m typing without light.
CoQ10 is something I'd absolutely suggest trying. With Hashimotos, though, L-Carnitine makes me hesitant. According to Google, studies in hypothyroid patients have used under 2g per day and it helped ease fatigue.

I don't know what your budget looks like, but this particular version is the most bio-available for reaching the heart. For whatever reason it stopped being popular, and only two brands still carry it. If money is tight, tartarate is the fallback.


https://a.co/d/04xpIgLH


Honestly, I'd put it ahead of the thyroid, because CoQ10 and L-Carnitine do a lot for heart health.

For coq10, the ubiquinol from nutricost is worth trying.

Your cause definitely has my sympathy. Magnesium has been part of my daily routine for as far back as I can recall. Same with Omega 3, naturally. A break of only three weeks brings on heart palpitations for me. Back when I was a heavy stimulant user, quitting meth once left me with a week of something resembling POTS, so cardiovascular health is a subject I follow closely.

About the GLP material you've come across: retatrutide was likely what they meant. The space remains wild-west and cutting-edge, so many healthcare providers and personality cults eagerly repeat secondhand information. Any day, I'd trust a random forum user more than them.
Nice work on your sobriety!

Next time Nutricost runs a 40% off promotion, I'll take advantage. With the 4th approaching, there should be one any day. I'll pick up the carnitine right away. Since starting a GLP, I've already saved an enormous amount on food by itself. PoTS is strange, yes, and it goes together with hashi. My own PoTS dates back to my twenties; honestly, I avoided doctors, and only after buying a fitbit did I understand it was a genuine problem. Back then I would nearly faint in the shower each morning—almost. A little while later I'd feel fine and go off to work. These days I'm older, and, well... that explains itself.
 
Since I began tirz 18 months ago, my ADHD impulse control—such as purchasing random junk on Temu—and my capacity to keep the house tidy have become manageable for the first time ever.

My husband smoked and would have two beers nightly. He started tirz roughly 7 or 8 months back; he has stopped drinking, and his smoking is considerably lower now.
 
Has anyone got a handle on what Reta dose counts as maintenance for preserving the other physiological effects, such as the liver and kidney benefits and blood sugar control?
 
Back
Top