Seeking Guidance on Enclomiphene Use

Rhaast

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hey all, I did some searching and didn't come across much discussion about enclomiphene, so apologies if this has been covered before.

To give some background, I'm a 20-year-old athlete who weighed 260 at 5,10 when I began in November. Now I'm at 225, and my latest blood work showed my test at 350NG/DL. Previously, it was around 750, so this drop was a real surprise. My daily intake is roughly 1800cals, with 220g protein, 140g carbs, and about 45g fats.

I'm beginning Reta next week and am curious if enclo might assist in keeping my test higher during the cut and when I transition back to a normal diet after reaching 180. Since I work out 6 days a week, I'm eager to avoid significant strength loss. Any experiences or suggestions would be much appreciated!

(Sorry if the formatting is off—I had to write this on my phone.)
 
Rhaast said:

Hey all, I did some searching and didn't come across much discussion about enclomiphene, so apologies if this has been covered before.

To give some background, I'm a 20-year-old athlete who weighed 260 at 5,10 when I began in November. Now I'm at 225, and my latest blood work showed my test at 350NG/DL. Previously, it was around 750, so this drop was a real surprise. My daily intake is roughly 1800cals, with 220g protein, 140g carbs, and about 45g fats.

I'm beginning Reta next week and am curious if enclo might assist in keeping my test higher during the cut and when I transition back to a normal diet after reaching 180. Since I work out 6 days a week, I'm eager to avoid significant strength loss. Any experiences or suggestions would be much appreciated!

(Sorry if the formatting is off—I had to write this on my phone.)
I'm getting ready to begin the identical protocol with Reta, tagging along.
 
I looked into this subject myself, since I also noticed low T signs after dropping a large amount of weight fairly quickly as a young lifter.

While cutting, Enclomiphene can push your total T up by a substantial amount. Even so, it may not be worth the hassle.

Enclo boosts e2 while blocking estrogen from attaching to its receptors, which may produce certain high e2 effects (bloating/water retention, anxiety, mood swings, and so on) and, in what seems almost contradictory, certain low e2 effects too (hot flashes, low libido, and perhaps the worst one: lower IGF-1).

Enclomiphene also raises SHBG substantially, meaning your free testosterone would not get nearly as large an increase as your total T. It could halve your igf1, which may lower strength gains and greatly shrink any anabolic advantage you were getting from the extra endogenous testosterone production.

I am not firmly opposed to using it at all, I simply believe most people will conclude that the downsides outweigh the benefits. It is not at all like real trt (not saying you ought to use trt), and most anecdotal reports on Reddit and Meso (I recommend reading them) show better T numbers on paper, yet that rarely turns into real world outcomes, and many stop using it. If enclo matched its reputation, more people like you and I would be using it and continuing with it.

I hope this writeup helped.
 
There's a bottle of this stuff just sitting in my stash, and I've been holding off on giving it a go. The other person nailed it—I've come across countless times that impressive lab results don't necessarily mean you'll actually feel any better. Plenty of folks on reddit and various forums swear that test (as in injectable testosterone) is the way to go.

That being said, there does seem to be a group who've gotten positive results from it. What they all share is this: they use small amounts and don't take it daily. For instance, 6.25mg taken 2-3 times a week, or 12.5 mg at 2-3 times weekly. The idea here is that it lets your estrogen receptors recover from constant blocking, which should help avoid both low and high e2 problems.

Make sure you look into it yourself. Hope this was useful.
 
Those guys are pretty much right on the money. During a 1 year stretch using it, I only saw a slight boost. My dose was 25mg 2x per week, and it took 9 months before my numbers came back down to where they looked acceptable both on paper and in how I felt. In the end, the bloating plus elevated estradiol made the whole thing feel like it wasn't worth sticking with.
 
articfox said:

ronin365 said:

Kisspeptin-10 worth a look?

I've been digging into this topic—have you looked into it at all?
Currently I'm exploring this compound myself. It's been close to 2 weeks since I began.

My goal was to determine whether it could serve as a substitute for HCG or Enclo during TRT, in order to maintain testicular function. Because its mechanism acts upstream, it seems like a safer, more natural option (and cheaper as well).

My starting dose was 100 mcg, and I might increase it to 200 mcg. Up to this point, after nearly 2 weeks, I haven't really observed any noticeable change. It's possible I'll need to run HCG cycles 2 or 3 times each year :-/
 
Back
Top