Seeking guidance on choosing kit strength

lessthanhalf said:

Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
Saw this posted elsewhere:

Once Reta has been reconstituted and then frozen, it loses 14% +/- across 45 days. Keep the same reconstituted Reta in the fridge instead, and the loss is 3% - 5% over those 45 days. Stretch that refrigerated period to 90 days and degradation lands somewhere between 3% and 9%. So the takeaway is: never freeze Reta after reconstitution — the fridge is enough.

My own guess is that peptide bonds simply aren't sturdy enough to withstand freezing without shearing.
Hi, could you share a link showing where this information is from? Or who carried out the testing, and so on? I am fine with being wrong, but I would like to verify it so that I do not state things that are technically incorrect later on. My assumptions rest on reta behaving like other peptides when it comes to degradation while frozen, though different peptides can act in very different ways, and some are far more stable than others.

If that is accurate, then the fridge beats even a single freeze thaw cycle, since 14% is enough to shift doses somewhat.

A private forum hosted the original post. No published report was named by the OP, though the one below is the likely candidate; I had Gemini locate it:

Manla Kar (Cellular Regeneration), which focuses on stabilizing peptides, is the most direct origin of that particular "14%" number. In their data — frequently referenced both in peptide research forums and in marketing for premium formulations — the claim is stated outright: "Refrigeration at 4°C (39 F) extends stability by 10 months, but freezing (-20°C} causes 14% peptide aggregation—rendering them useless."

— Source: Manla Kar & Cellular Regeneration Stability Guidelines (2025/2026)

I then asked Gemini why potency would drop, and this is what it returned:

Because Retatrutide carries a C18 fatty acid side chain (acylation) that lets it attach to albumin in the blood and thereby achieve its long half-life, freezing affects it especially badly.

Micelle Formation: In solution, such acylated peptides have a tendency to assemble into "micelles" (tiny spheres).

Freezing Impact: Compared with simple, non-acylated peptides, freezing damages these fragile structures far more severely. As the water turns solid, peptide molecules are pushed together into whatever liquid pockets remain, raising concentration and producing irreversible "salting out" or aggregation.

Summary: Retatrutide already in liquid form belongs in the refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). A vial that has been frozen is not completely "ruined", but you should count on about a 14% loss of potency relative to a fresh vial.

The 10 months at 39 F came as a surprise. I would not put that to the test myself, but the reference was probably to a reconstituted, sterile cartridge.
 
Scraps said:

Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.
On your first point: among peptides, GLPs strike me as among the simplest to get into full solution. My old approach was 10 mg/ml; after picking up better habits from helpful folks in this very community, I switched to 20 mg/ml. That holds for tirz, and I'm fairly confident it holds for Reta too. In 2 weeks I'll test it when I reconstitute my upcoming vials and filter. (I've got T30s and R20s on hand. My plan is to recon 2x T30s and filter them into a sterile vial so they become a T60, overfill included; right now I'm only doing 1 R20, but in 2 weeks I'll move to 2x for an R40.) So concentrate however suits you! Dosage arithmetic is simplest at 10 mg/ml, though 5 or 20 really isn't a huge strain either.

Scraps said:

Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.

If you were after demographic details, my wife and I are both in our early 40s. We're both on tirz (6 for her, 9 for me), dosed on Fridays.

Alongside Friday tirz, I add 4 mg Reta on Mondays. From what I gather, Reta may edge out tirz for body recomp when you're training, but might not quiet food noise as well. With nicer weather I've been training more, and it also bridges the gap given tirz's 5-day half-life. Tomorrow I intend to raise it to 6, unless I decide to wait out 1 more week. My wife might start too, at 2 mg/week on Mondays.

Naturally, all of this dosing and rationale is anecdotal, drawn from months of accumulated reading, so don't treat my experience as "the way." Still, it's been working for me: 6 months in, 48 lbs down, and per my smart scale (not especially precise), body fat went from 38.8% to 30.1%, visceral fat 20 to 14, lean muscle 156.5 lbs to 147 lbs. (I just crossed a milestone, so I'm eager to share these figures even if they mean little to anyone but me.)
 
Neurogroot said:

Scraps said:

Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.
On your first point: among peptides, GLPs strike me as among the simplest to get into full solution. My old approach was 10 mg/ml; after picking up better habits from helpful folks in this very community, I switched to 20 mg/ml. That holds for tirz, and I'm fairly confident it holds for Reta too. In 2 weeks I'll test it when I reconstitute my upcoming vials and filter. (I've got T30s and R20s on hand. My plan is to recon 2x T30s and filter them into a sterile vial so they become a T60, overfill included; right now I'm only doing 1 R20, but in 2 weeks I'll move to 2x for an R40.) So concentrate however suits you! Dosage arithmetic is simplest at 10 mg/ml, though 5 or 20 really isn't a huge strain either.

Scraps said:

Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.

If you were after demographic details, my wife and I are both in our early 40s. We're both on tirz (6 for her, 9 for me), dosed on Fridays.

Alongside Friday tirz, I add 4 mg Reta on Mondays. From what I gather, Reta may edge out tirz for body recomp when you're training, but might not quiet food noise as well. With nicer weather I've been training more, and it also bridges the gap given tirz's 5-day half-life. Tomorrow I intend to raise it to 6, unless I decide to wait out 1 more week. My wife might start too, at 2 mg/week on Mondays.

Naturally, all of this dosing and rationale is anecdotal, drawn from months of accumulated reading, so don't treat my experience as "the way." Still, it's been working for me: 6 months in, 48 lbs down, and per my smart scale (not especially precise), body fat went from 38.8% to 30.1%, visceral fat 20 to 14, lean muscle 156.5 lbs to 147 lbs. (I just crossed a milestone, so I'm eager to share these figures even if they mean little to anyone but me.)
Hey, congrats on hitting that milestone! Also, I appreciate you breaking down your protocol—it's genuinely useful.
 
Back
Top