Seeking guidance on choosing kit strength

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
 
woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
Saw this posted elsewhere:

Once Reta has been reconstituted and then frozen, it loses 14% +/- across 45 days. Keep the same reconstituted Reta in the fridge instead, and the loss is 3% - 5% over those 45 days. Stretch that refrigerated period to 90 days and degradation lands somewhere between 3% and 9%. So the takeaway is: never freeze Reta after reconstitution — the fridge is enough.

My own guess is that peptide bonds simply aren't sturdy enough to withstand freezing without shearing.
 
Scraps said:

Should you still put it in the freezer before reconstitution for storage, or does that mainly apply to long-term storage?
According to Janoshik, peptides remain stable at room temperature for months, in a refrigerator for years, and in a freezer for decades. For anything I intend to research within the next 6 months to a year, I store it in the fridge. Everything else goes into the freezer.
 
yrrdead said:

Just to add my experience. I picked up a 12mg kit and began using it in Oct'25. Last night I reconstituted my 9th vial, and that's even with my wife dipping into my last 2.

I began at .5mg every 3 days and worked my way up to 2mg every 3 days. Then I reduced by stretching the days rather than lowering the dose. Right now I'm at 2mg every 6 days. SW 220 - CW 167.

My upcoming kits are R30, and I had worries like yours, but since my wife is starting too, I'm less concerned now.
My wife got her initial Tirz pen through an online pharmacy. She doesn't want to keep paying that much, but she's unsure whether she'd switch to Reta or whether I should buy two separate packs.
 
Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
Saw this posted elsewhere:

Once Reta has been reconstituted and then frozen, it loses 14% +/- across 45 days. Keep the same reconstituted Reta in the fridge instead, and the loss is 3% - 5% over those 45 days. Stretch that refrigerated period to 90 days and degradation lands somewhere between 3% and 9%. So the takeaway is: never freeze Reta after reconstitution — the fridge is enough.

My own guess is that peptide bonds simply aren't sturdy enough to withstand freezing without shearing.

Being frozen doesn't automatically mean it breaks down.

Suppose it lost 14% over 45 days — what would that look like at 6 months, or at a year? If it stays around 14%, some situations might find that tolerable.
 
woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
Saw this posted elsewhere:

Once Reta has been reconstituted and then frozen, it loses 14% +/- across 45 days. Keep the same reconstituted Reta in the fridge instead, and the loss is 3% - 5% over those 45 days. Stretch that refrigerated period to 90 days and degradation lands somewhere between 3% and 9%. So the takeaway is: never freeze Reta after reconstitution — the fridge is enough.

My own guess is that peptide bonds simply aren't sturdy enough to withstand freezing without shearing.

Being frozen doesn't automatically mean it breaks down.

Suppose it lost 14% over 45 days — what would that look like at 6 months, or at a year? If it stays around 14%, some situations might find that tolerable.
I think the frozen duration matters here. Instead of adjusting for it and making the volume larger, I'd prefer to simply store it in the fridge. My initial vial was good for 10 weeks, though since it had a 20% overfill, I wasn't concerned.
 
Scraps said:

anhydrous said:

I began at 1mg too, and in my view that is where everyone should begin. A friend's wife also started at 1mg; she felt something for just 1 day, so going up to 2mg looked like a sensible step. For her, 2mg delivered what was expected, while 1mg hit me like a sledgehammer.

On quantity, my suggestion is to begin with 20 or 30 and split them into aliquots. I would rather stay out of the hand wringing and hot air about storing and using multi-dose vials. How you relate to risk tolerance is your own business. Do your research and make your decision.
Appreciate it — 1mg feels like a fine place to begin, though I suppose the only real way to know is to give it a go. As a starting bracket it looks ideal, since there's lots of room to adjust up or down later.

Could you say a bit more about how aliquots are actually made? My assumption is that it can only happen post-reconstitution, given how much filler is present in a vial?

I don't mean to make things awkward, but would the approach be to prepare a stronger vial, then divide it into several others and dilute each down to a lower concentration before storing them for later? For example, a single 20mg vial could be turned into four 5mg vials. After that, would they go in the fridge or the freezer? Doing it that way would mean the final vial sits for more than 4 months before it gets used. Are there views or evidence suggesting that's acceptable? Financially it would clearly be the smartest route. It would also open the door to creating stronger vials later on if the dosage ever had to go up.

Absolutely, you should do the reconstitution after receiving it, exactly as randompersonrandom mentioned. To give a straightforward illustration, you could turn 1xRT30 into 3xRT10's. The supplies for that would be: 1x RT30, 3x sterile vials, 70% alcohol wipes, 1x 13mm 0.22um pes filter, 1x 3mL mixing syringe, several 1.5" 25g needles, and roughly 3.4~mL of diluent, though the exact amount depends on overfill and flush.

There's no way to know in advance how your body will react or how much you'll go through over the next 4 months. You'll need to make some informed estimates, try things out, and see what happens!
 
Yeah, the uncertainty is rough! I figured 1mg weekly would be the ideal way to begin. But the more accounts I go through, the more I come across folks who didn't notice any effect until 4mg, while others were perfectly fine at just 1mg. It feels like the only real way to understand how it'll go is to dive in and find out.

Honestly, the filters that come with the peptides are more of a headache than sourcing the peptides themselves. And then there's the nagging worry about whether the bac water is bunk, or whether the vials meant for filtering are actually sterile!

It's a pretty big endeavor.
 
woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
When I mix, my aim is 8 weeks, though it may stretch a bit longer. That's not a disaster.

Scraps said:

Yeah, the uncertainty is rough! I figured 1mg weekly would be the ideal way to begin. But the more accounts I go through, the more I come across folks who didn't notice any effect until 4mg, while others were perfectly fine at just 1mg. It feels like the only real way to understand how it'll go is to dive in and find out.

Honestly, the filters that come with the peptides are more of a headache than sourcing the peptides themselves. And then there's the nagging worry about whether the bac water is bunk, or whether the vials meant for filtering are actually sterile!

It's a pretty big endeavor.
As I said, my starting dose was 2mg, and the next day I could already notice the appetite suppression and that full feeling. That initial week I dropped 5lbs, but we also altered our eating habits and I was drinking beer. A good portion of that was probably water weight, I'm certain. BAC spoiling doesn't concern me. Yes, keep reading and reading. It isn't all that difficult. Like you said, the best approach is just to begin. If you're interested in reconstituting and filtering, you might look at some You Tube clips from Peptide Critic. I don't filter myself, but I've got what's needed for it. I'm not sure what your product access is like where you are.
 
Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find a great deal of material there, and that includes details on buying peptides. The link I'm sharing below points to T5.




Tirzepatide 5mg Dosage Protocol | PeptideDosages.com



Full Tirzepatide dosing protocol for the 5 mg vial. Addresses reconstitution, the dosing schedule, and weight loss cycle guidance for the GLP-1/GIP dual agonist.

399196ad46f11989fb3ace41615d22ceb0f1802295592bbe0e63b7d82afc843e.webp



peptidedosages.com
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Head over to PeptideDosages.com and check out what they have on Tirzepatide. You'll find a great deal of material there, and that includes details on buying peptides. The link I'm sharing below points to T5.




Tirzepatide 5mg Dosage Protocol | PeptideDosages.com



Full Tirzepatide dosing protocol for the 5 mg vial. Addresses reconstitution, the dosing schedule, and weight loss cycle guidance for the GLP-1/GIP dual agonist.

View attachment 11854


peptidedosages.com
I really don't like those kinds of "protocols."

They just shove people toward big doses without any real basis. There's no reason someone should bump up their GLP every 4 weeks "just because." And why split it into 4x injections instead of simply cutting down the BAC?

In my opinion, that's AI slop
 
It's only a set of suggestions, no need to stress. Everyone still needs to think things through for themselves. It gives enough to help someone start working out their own approach, and having some kind of reference beats having none at all. The fact that it mentions increasing the dose every 4 weeks doesn't mean that's what people actually follow.
 
Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.
 
Scraps said:

Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.
For Reta, they carry it, along with a broad range of peptides.
 
Scraps said:

Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.
It really comes down to what works for each person. Typically, people stick with a given dose for 4 weeks before considering an increase if necessary. Others remain at the same dose simply because it's effective and they feel fine. In E. Lilly's trials, the doses used are 2mg, 4mg, 8mg, and 12mg when required. My own path has been 2, 4, and 6mg, and I'll decide later whether to go higher. Possible reasons to raise the dose include weight loss stopping (a stall), or—as with my wife and me—losing that same sensation and having less appetite suppression. I haven't decided if I'll go to 8mg. After 4 weeks at 6mg, it's still doing its job.
 
A 5mg kit probably won't be enough for you - if you still want to go that way, more power to you, but once reconstituted, the vial keeps for no more than 1 month in the fridge. My preference would be a 10mg kit and just discard whatever is left over (when you break it down per vial, it's only a few bucks).. That gives you plenty of room to raise your dosage without hassle!
 
Scraps said:

Finding filters in the correct size took some digging, but I now have a source for them.

I appreciate the link, however my plan is to begin with Reta instead of Tirz. I will check whether Reta schedules are listed there as well. Ideally, what would help most is a demographic cross section paired with dosages, injection schedules, and success rates, though I assume that sort of data would only exist once trials are finished. I am willing to adjust and adapt as I go.
This is the Reta option that @HereKittyKitty mentioned.




Retatrutide 20mg Dosage Protocol | PeptideDosages.com



Full dosing guide for the 20 mg Retatrutide vial. Includes how to reconstitute, the injection timeline, and details on the triple GLP-1/GIP/glucagon agonist weight loss regimen.

399196ad46f11989fb3ace41615d22ceb0f1802295592bbe0e63b7d82afc843e.webp



peptidedosages.com
 
wellhellothere said:

A 5mg kit probably won't be enough for you - if you still want to go that way, more power to you, but once reconstituted, the vial keeps for no more than 1 month in the fridge. My preference would be a 10mg kit and just discard whatever is left over (when you break it down per vial, it's only a few bucks).. That gives you plenty of room to raise your dosage without hassle!
For me and plenty of other people, 6-8 weeks pass without any problems. That's roughly the basis I use when deciding what vial size to reconstitute.
 
Chili777 said:

woundcarping said:

Chili777 said:

Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.

Has anyone actually looked into this? It's odd to me that the peptide would break down while it's frozen — freeze/thaw mechanical stress seems like a more plausible explanation.

Scraps said:

So keeping it refrigerated for 90 days ought to be alright?
How much risk you're willing to take, how sterile you keep things, and plain luck all play into it. For GLP, I usually aim for about 10 weeks, and in that window I can pull 11 doses out of 1 vial (with the first dose given on day 0).
Saw this posted elsewhere:

Once Reta has been reconstituted and then frozen, it loses 14% +/- across 45 days. Keep the same reconstituted Reta in the fridge instead, and the loss is 3% - 5% over those 45 days. Stretch that refrigerated period to 90 days and degradation lands somewhere between 3% and 9%. So the takeaway is: never freeze Reta after reconstitution — the fridge is enough.

My own guess is that peptide bonds simply aren't sturdy enough to withstand freezing without shearing.
Hi, could you share a link showing where this information is from? Or who carried out the testing, and so on? I am fine with being wrong, but I would like to verify it so that I do not state things that are technically incorrect later on. My assumptions rest on reta behaving like other peptides when it comes to degradation while frozen, though different peptides can act in very different ways, and some are far more stable than others.

If that is accurate, then the fridge beats even a single freeze thaw cycle, since 14% is enough to shift doses somewhat.
 
Back
Top