Seeking guidance on choosing kit strength

Scraps

Explorer
Joined
Apr 3, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Scotland
Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.
 
Why aren't you beginning with 2 mg, the same as the trials did?

I noticed your location is Scotland. Scots have famously tough stomachs, so I doubt you'll run into any trouble. 🙂
 
Elgordoboy said:

Why didn’t the trials begin with a lower dose?
I pulled this from AI.

In the retatrutide trials, the reason 2mg per week was the starting point had mostly to do with keeping gastrointestinal issues—nausea, vomiting, diarrhea—in check by letting the body get used to this strong triple-hormone agonist. Beginning low like that makes the drug easier for patients to tolerate, lowers the number of people who drop out, and smooths the early metabolic shift, which then makes it possible to work up to stronger doses (8mg or 12mg) down the line. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

Why 2mg Was Selected for Starting

  • Minimizing Side Effects: Retatrutide hits GIP, GLP-1, and glucagon receptors all at once, so easing in slowly gives the brain and gut time to adjust to that combined hormonal signal, which cuts down on nausea and gastrointestinal discomfort.
  • Safety and Tolerability: During Phase 2 trials, a 2mg start made it easier for participants to adapt. By comparison, beginning at higher doses like 4mg proved harder to handle and led to more early side effects.
  • Gradual Escalation Plan: A common approach in the trials was a 4-week introductory phase at 2mg, after which the dose went to 4mg, 8mg, or 12mg, balancing long-term weight loss against tolerability early on. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Although 1mg is a starting point for some people in research studies, larger studies tended to use 2mg as the standard, since it strikes a balance between gradual, effective titration and fewer adverse reactions at the outset
 
I began at 1mg too, and in my view that is where everyone should begin. A friend's wife also started at 1mg; she felt something for just 1 day, so going up to 2mg looked like a sensible step. For her, 2mg delivered what was expected, while 1mg hit me like a sledgehammer.

On quantity, my suggestion is to begin with 20 or 30 and split them into aliquots. I would rather stay out of the hand wringing and hot air about storing and using multi-dose vials. How you relate to risk tolerance is your own business. Do your research and make your decision.
 
For the initial 2 weeks I used 1 mg twice weekly, only to see how I reacted. Over the following 2 weeks I moved to 2 mg, after which I stuck with the trial protocol. What works for you might not match my experience. My first kit purchase was planned around an 8 week timeline, with every mixed vial used within that period, since that is the duration I was comfortable keeping it refrigerated without losing potency. My suggestion: map out a schedule first, then let your expected usage determine the size of your first kit.
 
Scraps said:

Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Elgordoboy said:

Why didn’t the trials begin with a lower dose?
My friends and I came up with a theory regarding this. For those on 2mg — what were their weight and bfp? Within my circle, I've noticed that leaner individuals require significantly less reta. My maximum weekly dose is 2mg. That's why we refer to that starting trial dose as "the big jeans initial dose". If I take 3mg, I'm unable to eat or sleep. So it simply hits people differently. I can't picture anyone taking more than 6mg. But my sample size is small.
 
Gt3294a said:

Scraps said:

Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Elgordoboy said:

Why didn’t the trials begin with a lower dose?
My friends and I came up with a theory regarding this. For those on 2mg — what were their weight and bfp? Within my circle, I've noticed that leaner individuals require significantly less reta. My maximum weekly dose is 2mg. That's why we refer to that starting trial dose as "the big jeans initial dose". If I take 3mg, I'm unable to eat or sleep. So it simply hits people differently. I can't picture anyone taking more than 6mg. But my sample size is small.
I'm 30 years old with 15% body fat. I take 0.5mg two times per week, and that's already plenty for me. My appetite and cravings have disappeared. There's no reason to increase the dose as long as I'm still losing weight. I'll only raise it if my appetite returns and my weight hasn't dropped for 2 weeks or more.
 
Whether to go with a 5 mg kit or a 10 mg kit is the question. The 10mg option costs less, but at a weekly dose of only 1mg it would stretch across 10 weeks — beyond the 4 weeks that are advised (to reduce the chance of contaminants multiplying or the peptide breaking down). Plenty of people wouldn't mind that; others would.

For a 5mg vial, dilute with either 0.5ml or 1ml, which makes each 1mg equal 0.1 or 0.2ml. That leaves ample syringe capacity for larger doses, and 0.1ml/0.2ml is easy enough to draw accurately. For a 10mg vial, use 1ml or 2ml to get the same concentration. Record it somewhere — ideally right on the label — so the dilution ratio can't slip your mind.

It also hinges somewhat on your goal: a lot of weight to shed, just a little, or body recomp. Many people who aren't very overweight appear to do well at low doses, but if the aim is to lose 50 kg, higher doses will probably become necessary at some point, and larger vials are the more practical choice.
 
anhydrous said:

I began at 1mg too, and in my view that is where everyone should begin. A friend's wife also started at 1mg; she felt something for just 1 day, so going up to 2mg looked like a sensible step. For her, 2mg delivered what was expected, while 1mg hit me like a sledgehammer.

On quantity, my suggestion is to begin with 20 or 30 and split them into aliquots. I would rather stay out of the hand wringing and hot air about storing and using multi-dose vials. How you relate to risk tolerance is your own business. Do your research and make your decision.
Appreciate it — 1mg feels like a fine place to begin, though I suppose the only real way to know is to give it a go. As a starting bracket it looks ideal, since there's lots of room to adjust up or down later.

Could you say a bit more about how aliquots are actually made? My assumption is that it can only happen post-reconstitution, given how much filler is present in a vial?

I don't mean to make things awkward, but would the approach be to prepare a stronger vial, then divide it into several others and dilute each down to a lower concentration before storing them for later? For example, a single 20mg vial could be turned into four 5mg vials. After that, would they go in the fridge or the freezer? Doing it that way would mean the final vial sits for more than 4 months before it gets used. Are there views or evidence suggesting that's acceptable? Financially it would clearly be the smartest route. It would also open the door to creating stronger vials later on if the dosage ever had to go up.
 
Gt3294a said:

Scraps said:

Hey all, I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to ask for some input as I figure out what to buy for my first kit.

Since this is my first research project and I have no experience yet, I've settled on 1mg weekly of Retatrutide as the starting dose.

A 5mg kit looks like the simple route, except that once reconstituted the peptide would be kept for longer than the recommended 4 weeks. I've seen posts here saying that's fine, but I'm curious whether that's how everyone sees it?

If it turns out I need a higher dose before I finish 10 vials, I'm slightly worried the injection volume could become fairly large. On the other hand, if I began with a 10mg kit, the reconstituted peptide would be left sitting for months. I'm guessing that's not good!

I intend to filter when reconing, but for those who choose these very high strength kits, how do they manage to use them up before they begin to degrade?

This is the final thing I need to sort out before moving forward; once I've worked this out I can begin collecting all the consumables.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Elgordoboy said:

Why didn’t the trials begin with a lower dose?
My friends and I came up with a theory regarding this. For those on 2mg — what were their weight and bfp? Within my circle, I've noticed that leaner individuals require significantly less reta. My maximum weekly dose is 2mg. That's why we refer to that starting trial dose as "the big jeans initial dose". If I take 3mg, I'm unable to eat or sleep. So it simply hits people differently. I can't picture anyone taking more than 6mg. But my sample size is small.
Right now I weigh 223lbs, stand 6 foot, and my smart scale puts me a little above 30%bf. That figure seems off, though — when I compare myself to 30%bf photos I find online, I don't match them. I carry a fair amount of muscle; at the moment I'm just somewhat... fluffy. So my initial goal is dropping roughly 35lbs, then reassessing from there. The problem is I simply can't keep my calories low enough to shed it without help. If I go above 1600 a day, I either stay the same or gain. I'm hoping Reta will be the answer.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Whether to go with a 5 mg kit or a 10 mg kit is the question. The 10mg option costs less, but at a weekly dose of only 1mg it would stretch across 10 weeks — beyond the 4 weeks that are advised (to reduce the chance of contaminants multiplying or the peptide breaking down). Plenty of people wouldn't mind that; others would.

For a 5mg vial, dilute with either 0.5ml or 1ml, which makes each 1mg equal 0.1 or 0.2ml. That leaves ample syringe capacity for larger doses, and 0.1ml/0.2ml is easy enough to draw accurately. For a 10mg vial, use 1ml or 2ml to get the same concentration. Record it somewhere — ideally right on the label — so the dilution ratio can't slip your mind.

It also hinges somewhat on your goal: a lot of weight to shed, just a little, or body recomp. Many people who aren't very overweight appear to do well at low doses, but if the aim is to lose 50 kg, higher doses will probably become necessary at some point, and larger vials are the more practical choice.
Actually, I had a question about the smallest amount of liquid needed for the solution. Is there any way to determine the least volume of fluid required to fully dissolve that much filler? For instance, would 1ml really be sufficient so it doesn't end up... gritty(?) at the bottom?
 
Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
 
lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
When I've reconstituted glps, I've used ,5ml b@c and never ran into problems. Personally, the b@c volume isn't fixed—it depends on how many units I want to inject. Underfills and overfills can also complicate the math further. My approach is to add enough b@c to hit the mg dose I'm after, while also landing on a round unit count when I'm using a 100cc pin, since I'd rather not draw up to 13, 19, 23, or similar odd unit marks.
 
I began with a 10mg vial of Reta at 2mg, and that lasted 4 weeks. Then I moved up to 4mgs and used a 30mg vial for 6 weeks. After hitting a stall, I switched to 6mg for 4 weeks using a 24mg vial. As was suggested, it may be worth checking out a slightly larger vial. Often, paying just a bit more gets you extra. Where I purchase, they carry R40, while R50 costs only $20 more for each kit.
 
Scraps said:

anhydrous said:

I began at 1mg too, and in my view that is where everyone should begin. A friend's wife also started at 1mg; she felt something for just 1 day, so going up to 2mg looked like a sensible step. For her, 2mg delivered what was expected, while 1mg hit me like a sledgehammer.

On quantity, my suggestion is to begin with 20 or 30 and split them into aliquots. I would rather stay out of the hand wringing and hot air about storing and using multi-dose vials. How you relate to risk tolerance is your own business. Do your research and make your decision.
Appreciate it — 1mg feels like a fine place to begin, though I suppose the only real way to know is to give it a go. As a starting bracket it looks ideal, since there's lots of room to adjust up or down later.

Could you say a bit more about how aliquots are actually made? My assumption is that it can only happen post-reconstitution, given how much filler is present in a vial?

I don't mean to make things awkward, but would the approach be to prepare a stronger vial, then divide it into several others and dilute each down to a lower concentration before storing them for later? For example, a single 20mg vial could be turned into four 5mg vials. After that, would they go in the fridge or the freezer? Doing it that way would mean the final vial sits for more than 4 months before it gets used. Are there views or evidence suggesting that's acceptable? Financially it would clearly be the smartest route. It would also open the door to creating stronger vials later on if the dosage ever had to go up.

That's precisely what I did with Survo — it handles freezing without issue — and my motivations matched yours: I mixed it fairly concentrated, divided it among 4 vials, put 3 in the freezer, then reconstituted the remaining 1 so I could measure out a really tiny first dose. It performed great, 5 stars. Still, I keep hearing murmurs, and they're growing louder, that reta isn't as freeze-tolerant as certain other peptides.
 
Just to add my experience. I picked up a 12mg kit and began using it in Oct'25. Last night I reconstituted my 9th vial, and that's even with my wife dipping into my last 2.

I began at .5mg every 3 days and worked my way up to 2mg every 3 days. Then I reduced by stretching the days rather than lowering the dose. Right now I'm at 2mg every 6 days. SW 220 - CW 167.

My upcoming kits are R30, and I had worries like yours, but since my wife is starting too, I'm less concerned now.
 
Scraps said:

lessthanhalf said:

Sure, larger vials are an option — you can reconstitute them and then divide the contents among smaller empty vials, for example 5 mg each, and freeze those. As a rule, freezing already-reconstituted peptides leads to some degradation, so going through freeze-thaw cycles again and again is clearly not a good plan, though in practice losing 1 or even 5% to one freeze-thaw cycle will have essentially no real effect on dosing. The main upside of larger vials is the cost.

Going by rough estimation, it sounds like you're aiming to drop somewhere around 12-15%. In the studies, 1mg of reta produced 9% weight loss over a year on average, which is far more than any of the other GLP's manage at very low doses, which makes it more or less perfectly suited to your goal. How individuals react to GLP drugs — both side effects and weight loss — varies hugely, and the only way to learn how you'll react is to begin and observe what happens, but there's a solid chance you could achieve what you want with doses of 1 or 2 or perhaps 4 mg, which helps because side effects tend to be a much bigger problem at higher doses. Plenty of people on here with mild obesity or overweight, or who simply want to be thinner, have gotten good results from fairly low doses of reta. The scientific research really only covers people with more severe obesity.

Personally I've never reconstituted with less than 1ml, but the filler they include dissolves quite readily (I believe it's mannitol), so I doubt a smaller amount, like 0.5ml, would cause a problem, and the peptide itself is a microscopic quantity. Certain peptides or certain amounts per vial may be pickier about solubility, but GLP's are not.
I really appreciate the thorough and helpful reply you gave!
Never put Reta in the freezer — freezing causes it to break down. Tirz, on the other hand, handles freezing without issue. Reta and Tirz are not the same. Only reconstitute an amount you'll go through within 90 days.
 
Back
Top