My aunt is 65 yrs old and her condition is really poor - she's had a stroke and a heart attack before. She carries extra weight and doesn't look after herself, but she genuinely wants to improve her health, so I'm doing what I can to support her. I put her on Tirz because, with her comorbidities, it appeared less risky than Reta, yet 8 weeks have passed and there's been no weight loss or any health improvements she can notice. For 1 month she was on 2.5mg, and now she takes 5mg every 5 days. When I saw her yesterday, she was in the worst state I've witnessed in a long while - heavily swollen, holding a huge amount of fluid (which I figure accounts for most of her weight - I was there all day and she truly isn't eating much, though her pantry suggests the choices aren't the healthiest). I realize none of you are doctors and that she ought to see 1, but she flat out won't accept medical care. Maybe somebody here has dealt with a similar situation and can offer some insight? I believe that if she could just shed some of that fluid and watch the scale go down, it would push her to do more of the other health things I keep encouraging, but the number not budging and her seeing none of the benefits I promised are leaving her discouraged.