Seeking additional research on NAD+ injections; precursors could work better

Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Hi,

After watching a video about NAD+ injections, I ran a quick Copilot AI search to verify it, and now I'd like to get a discussion going.

From what I can tell, the NAD+ molecule is both too large and charged to get through the cell barrier. Our bodies instead break it down into precursors, which are then transported into the cell.

When taken as supplements, the actual precursors convert into NAD+ in our bodies at a rate of 60-70%.

So based on what I've put together, simply using precursors would let all of us drop one peptide from the stack.

What does everyone else understand about this?
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Hi,

After watching a video about NAD+ injections, I ran a quick Copilot AI search to verify it, and now I'd like to get a discussion going.

From what I can tell, the NAD+ molecule is both too large and charged to get through the cell barrier. Our bodies instead break it down into precursors, which are then transported into the cell.

When taken as supplements, the actual precursors convert into NAD+ in our bodies at a rate of 60-70%.

So based on what I've put together, simply using precursors would let all of us drop one peptide from the stack.

What does everyone else understand about this?
nad+ performs quite effectively when taken orally, so that's one fewer thing to inject
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Which ones are precursors, and are they oral or injected?
Taken by mouth, and I believe any of these support the body in producing its own quite well:

NMN (Nicotinamide mononucleotide)

NR (nicotinamide riboside)

Niacin

Tryptophan

Nicotinamide
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Hi,

After watching a video about NAD+ injections, I ran a quick Copilot AI search to verify it, and now I'd like to get a discussion going.

From what I can tell, the NAD+ molecule is both too large and charged to get through the cell barrier. Our bodies instead break it down into precursors, which are then transported into the cell.

When taken as supplements, the actual precursors convert into NAD+ in our bodies at a rate of 60-70%.

So based on what I've put together, simply using precursors would let all of us drop one peptide from the stack.

What does everyone else understand about this?
Based on the material I've gone through so far, the way NAD+ injections behave when they meet cells is still largely unclear to me. One study caught my attention — its authors were looking into exactly this question — and their findings hint that a transporter might actually exist on the cell membrane, one that would let cells absorb NAD+ straight from outside. Honestly, that wouldn't shock me, considering how many gaps remain in what we understand about this area of science.
 
tendency said:

Clavicular's Hammer said:

Hi,

After watching a video about NAD+ injections, I ran a quick Copilot AI search to verify it, and now I'd like to get a discussion going.

From what I can tell, the NAD+ molecule is both too large and charged to get through the cell barrier. Our bodies instead break it down into precursors, which are then transported into the cell.

When taken as supplements, the actual precursors convert into NAD+ in our bodies at a rate of 60-70%.

So based on what I've put together, simply using precursors would let all of us drop one peptide from the stack.

What does everyone else understand about this?
Based on the material I've gone through so far, the way NAD+ injections behave when they meet cells is still largely unclear to me. One study caught my attention — its authors were looking into exactly this question — and their findings hint that a transporter might actually exist on the cell membrane, one that would let cells absorb NAD+ straight from outside. Honestly, that wouldn't shock me, considering how many gaps remain in what we understand about this area of science.

That might be the case

Given what's actually established, I lean toward passing on NAD+ as a peptide for the time being.

It looks like the majority of individuals are able to produce their own effectively when provided with the proper building blocks
 
Back
Top