Seasonal shipping and peptide breakdown

Nate2plate

Explorer
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Grants pass Oregon USA
I came across some info on Epithalon stating that it breaks down quickly when it gets warmer. According to the number I saw, 40% degradation occurs after 72 hours at temperatures above 6 degrees Celsius.

Mots-c was another one I checked — it also degrades substantially above 4 degrees Celsius and becomes useless for research testing if too much time passes.

There are probably more examples too.

This brought back memories of my fish tank days, when people would ship fish but never during summer. It was something tied to the season.

Should peptides get that same treatment?

I believe so.

A kit of Epi I ordered spent 10 days in transit. The package sat in a mailbox that was likely 100+ degrees for several hours, on top of all the shipping time.

It makes me question how many of those “I didn’t notice any effect” comments we see are the result of poor handling.

Obviously I’ll be ordering more, but I’ll wait until winter arrives to help the process along. From now on I’ll look into temperature stability for peps and buy based on that.

Thoughts?
 
The epithalon information you came across probably concerned the peptide once it's been mixed into solution. In their freeze-dried form, peptides hold up far better.

Peter Magic from Janoshik testing - widely regarded as the most reliable source for peptide analysis - tells a notable story: he came across a forgotten batch of peptides that had spent 10 years in his garage. I apologize, the specific peptide slips my mind, but testing revealed almost no breakdown.
 
Worth adding too: in winter the shipping can drag on far past 10 days, thanks to the run of holidays on both sides, ours and China.
 
Nate2plate said:

I came across some info on Epithalon stating that it breaks down quickly when it gets warmer. According to the number I saw, 40% degradation occurs after 72 hours at temperatures above 6 degrees Celsius.

Mots-c was another one I checked — it also degrades substantially above 4 degrees Celsius and becomes useless for research testing if too much time passes.

There are probably more examples too.

This brought back memories of my fish tank days, when people would ship fish but never during summer. It was something tied to the season.

Should peptides get that same treatment?

I believe so.

A kit of Epi I ordered spent 10 days in transit. The package sat in a mailbox that was likely 100+ degrees for several hours, on top of all the shipping time.

It makes me question how many of those “I didn’t notice any effect” comments we see are the result of poor handling.

Obviously I’ll be ordering more, but I’ll wait until winter arrives to help the process along. From now on I’ll look into temperature stability for peps and buy based on that.

Thoughts?
My understanding is that kind of degradation happens only once it has been reconstituted.
 
Honestly, between storage in some unknown warehouse at unknown temperatures, then transit, then the delivery vehicle — which is usually not air-conditioned — and finally hours in my mailbox or at the front door here in Southwest Florida, the peptide still holds up. It has been working well for me since the start of January.
 
Same as a sealed jar of instant coffee — until the seal is broken it simply doesn't come into play.
 
Back
Top