Screening out 'pharma grade' peptides

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
 
ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
That's correct — Biologix is the one.
 
tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
That's correct — Biologix is the one.
appreciate it. I'm just starting out here and I'm trying to get a handle on the "filtering" side of things,

Let me know if I've got this wrong, my usual setup is pens,

You pull from the vial, take off the needle you used to draw, attach the filter,

Then add the needle onto the filter - and then connect it to the pen cartridge - does that order make sense?
 
ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
That's correct — Biologix is the one.
appreciate it. I'm just starting out here and I'm trying to get a handle on the "filtering" side of things,

Let me know if I've got this wrong, my usual setup is pens,

You pull from the vial, take off the needle you used to draw, attach the filter,

Then add the needle onto the filter - and then connect it to the pen cartridge - does that order make sense?
Correct — you'll need to switch to a different needle.
 
tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
That's correct — Biologix is the one.
appreciate it. I'm just starting out here and I'm trying to get a handle on the "filtering" side of things,

Let me know if I've got this wrong, my usual setup is pens,

You pull from the vial, take off the needle you used to draw, attach the filter,

Then add the needle onto the filter - and then connect it to the pen cartridge - does that order make sense?
Correct — you'll need to switch to a different needle.
yes obviously I left that out. appreciate it, you've helped a lot. Now I'm going to search for that filter .
 
ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

ceeboo said:

tcpnomad said:

How much trust you can place in a batch being good — your own vial included — comes down to how many samples were run. More samples means more confidence.

That said, this isn't pharma grade we're talking about, and a filter costs $0.50 plus a minute or two of your time.

not a pharma grade filter you're referring to? The kind that don't come individually wrapped? And what filter do you personally go with... I came across 13mm PES .22um
What I meant wasn't that the filter lacks pharma grade status. My point was that the peptides themselves aren't pharma grade.

I use that same filter.
my mistake, sorry if i read that wrong. the ones you're using though, those are the sterile kind, yeah? each one sealed on its own?
That's correct — Biologix is the one.
appreciate it. I'm just starting out here and I'm trying to get a handle on the "filtering" side of things,

Let me know if I've got this wrong, my usual setup is pens,

You pull from the vial, take off the needle you used to draw, attach the filter,

Then add the needle onto the filter - and then connect it to the pen cartridge - does that order make sense?
Search for peptide filtering on YT. Peptide Critic's videos are quite good.
 
Shotgun said:

I'm new to this community and I have a question: is it necessary to filter my peptides? If so, what's the process, and where can I buy the supplies? I know this might come across as a dumb question, but I'm asking seriously.
(& @ceeboo )

Have a look at this discussion — it covers nearly everything you're asking about:




How many of you are filtering?



Filtering wasn't something I'd ever given much weight to.... yet it keeps coming up in the same conversations as endotoxins. From what I gather, endotoxins would pass through rather than be removed — only bacteria get caught. And doesn't the Bac water itself eliminate at least some of those bacteria??

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com

This subject comes up in plenty of other threads too; try the search feature, or look at my signature for guidance on searching.
 
Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Here's what I'm taking away:

1. Even if other kits from the same GB have passed testing, I'll still filter everything.

2. Indian pharma HCG isn't 'pharma grade' at all, so I'm going to find a different source (if anyone knows one, please share it with me).

3. Korean glutathione ought to be okay, but since filtering is cheap and won't do any harm, I'll filter that as well.

4. It's wild how careful I've turned out to be, given all the sketchy stuff I put into my body when I was younger. 🤣
 
Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
 
Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
 
Something I rarely see brought up: what about the sterile vials themselves? Which vendors are people using, and do you trust that they're genuinely sterile? I was given names of suppliers, but their reviews included customers who discovered particles inside vials sold as "sterile."

If anyone has a reliable UK source to buy from, that would be even better?
 
Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





485e683d7094a656b5be3f023f12f0fb852cb6ad6392cfa4f3b748bdb50bef39.webp
 
BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
What a funny coincidence — this morning, while I was filtering, I actually considered picking one of these up. I recall you sharing a picture of it some time ago, and I meant to ask what the name is so I could look it up on Amazon. So, what should I type into the search bar?
 
BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
 
Fostradamus said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
What a funny coincidence — this morning, while I was filtering, I actually considered picking one of these up. I recall you sharing a picture of it some time ago, and I meant to ask what the name is so I could look it up on Amazon. So, what should I type into the search bar?
Give this a shot.


https://a.co/d/06uOBHKN


Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
That's genuinely a solid idea. No concerns about anything spilling.
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
That design caught my eye. When you grab it by the handle to move it, does the lid stay firmly in place, or does it simply come off?
 
Fostradamus said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
That design caught my eye. When you grab it by the handle to move it, does the lid stay firmly in place, or does it simply come off?
The lid only sits on top; it doesn't lock in place. That said, while it's kept in a drawer it stays reasonably tight.
 
Skidude said:

Fostradamus said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
That design caught my eye. When you grab it by the handle to move it, does the lid stay firmly in place, or does it simply come off?
The lid only sits on top; it doesn't lock in place. That said, while it's kept in a drawer it stays reasonably tight.
I went ahead and did it. When the package shows up tomorrow and my wife hits me with 'what the fuck have you been buying now,' that's on you. 🤣
 
Fostradamus said:

Skidude said:

Fostradamus said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

Fostradamus said:

Torque said:

Testing 1 vial tells you nothing about the rest of your stash. Besides, I enjoy the filtering process — it gives me a scientist vibe.
Hearing that someone else gets that mad scientist vibe from this makes me feel less alone. Honestly, I'm tempted to pick up a white lab coat for myself.
To pair with that, you'll want one of these. I own this one and it works well. The photo isn't mine,





View attachment 11002
This is what my syringes, opened BAC, etc.. live in.

For recon and dosing the lid gets flipped, then it gets an alcohol clean before I use it as a tray




QWORK 2 Pack stainless lab instrument organiser, autoclave compatible tray holder for lab supplies, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



A QWORK organiser sold in 2 packs: stainless steel, autoclave compatible, a holder and tray for lab instruments, 11.8" x 7.8" x 2"

www.amazon.com
That design caught my eye. When you grab it by the handle to move it, does the lid stay firmly in place, or does it simply come off?
The lid only sits on top; it doesn't lock in place. That said, while it's kept in a drawer it stays reasonably tight.
I went ahead and did it. When the package shows up tomorrow and my wife hits me with 'what the fuck have you been buying now,' that's on you. 🤣
Should your wife's advantages not come my way, then her drawbacks won't land on me either.

That one's all yours...
 
Back
Top