Safety measures when stacking

articfox

Explorer
Joined
Dec 31, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Has anyone thought about getting an epipen as a safeguard against anaphylactic shock?

I saw a youtube vid where a person said they tried mots-c for the first time and ended up with a reaction.

I just want to know what everyone thinks — is having one too much, or is it a smart move?

Better to prevent than to treat.
 
I picked up the generic epipens — insurance brought the cost down to just $8 for 2. There's no such thing as being too cautious, so figure out where your own comfort level sits. And truthfully, keeping epipens on hand makes sense for reactions to OTC meds, a new RX, food, and so on — not only peptides.
 
FilterOrDeath said:

I picked up the generic epipens — insurance brought the cost down to just $8 for 2. There's no such thing as being too cautious, so figure out where your own comfort level sits. And truthfully, keeping epipens on hand makes sense for reactions to OTC meds, a new RX, food, and so on — not only peptides.

Those are some strong arguments — since you get just 1 life, protecting it matters above all 👌
 
articfox said:

Has anyone thought about getting an epipen as a safeguard against anaphylactic shock?

I saw a youtube vid where a person said they tried mots-c for the first time and ended up with a reaction.

I just want to know what everyone thinks — is having one too much, or is it a smart move?

Better to prevent than to treat.
That issue seems to come up only when injecting intramuscularly, from what I've come across — not with subcutaneous use.
 
This thread contains a wealth of great conversation, personal stories, and helpful resources — among them guidance on obtaining epi pens or Neffy.

Where can you find epi pen resources?

/community-link/thread/5989/
 
This was my initial experience pinning anything besides reta, and it was also the first instance where the shot actually hurt. Right after pushing 14 units of mots-c at 10mg, which I had mixed with 1.4mL BAC (accounting for filter loss), there was immediate pain. Within seconds, a bit of blood appeared along with a 1inch red ring around where I pinned. Soon after, a bump showed up inside that red area. That got me a little worried, so I immediately swallowed an antihistamine. But after browsing posts here, I'm gathering this is simply a site reaction? Nothing else seems off anywhere on my body. Roughly an hour has passed and it's calmed down. Do I just dilute the vial with extra bac, and if that fails, tough it out?
 
Neffy works as an epipen option that goes in the nose. For me the cost came out to nothing, though for most people it ought to run below $200, which buys some reassurance when you start experimenting with less common peps.
 
Ive considered it. After I had allodynia, and then again when i had a reaction to something non-peptide related where I had swelling in my mouth and the whole reaction was terrifying. But my indecisiveness and consideration of when/how to use it, accessibility of where I would keep it etc, has left me very uncertain.

I take antihistamines 365 days a year, in the last instance i took some extra while trying not to panic and symptoms went away in about 25 minutes.

I have been thinking of looking into some training/education on when and how to use an epipen, then getting one.
 
Back
Top