Running and Tirzepatide: Energy Dips on Injection Days?

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Any runners here who are also on tirzepatide? My dosing is split: 3.5mg on Tuesday at 8am, then 3.5mg Friday at 8pm. My weekly routine includes weight training on mon/thu (twice), yoga on wed/sat (twice), and running on sun/tues/fri (three times). I'm following “couch to 5k” and right now my intervals are 4minute run/2.5 minute walk. What's tripping me up is my Tuesday evening run—I'm completely drained and can't hold the correct pace. Has anyone else struggled with exercise, especially cardio, on the days they take their shot?

35 y/o female, SW: 240, CW: 213
My routine is a morning run of roughly 10 miles, and I do it nearly every day. Whether I've just taken my shot or what dose I'm on doesn't seem to make much difference for me. I used to be on reta, but I've recently moved over to Tirz, so I'll have to wait and see whether that pattern continues. Every so often, near the end of a run, I'll deal with a bit of reflux. Taking tums before I head out tends to keep that from happening. Each morning I also have 1mg of mots-c, which might be playing a role in reducing any tiredness the GLP-1 could cause? Before running, I have electrolytes plus a 200cal energy bar (essentially a nicer version of a granola bar).
 
If your mileage is that high, splitting Tirz into 2 weekly doses shouldn't be necessary. When you're on Tirz and doing heavy cardio, the fat just disappears. To me it feels like my workout counts double while I'm on it. Given how active you are, Tirz's main job is quieting food noise, but protein still has to be high for repair. Definitely keep eating clean and get plenty of water in. With your training volume, dropping weight isn't an issue and Tirz only speeds it up, though 2 pins a week may be overkill. For me, Sat works like a cheat day. That's my no-shot day, when I sort of let my body bounce back from training. It also falls right before my Reta pin, so eating and enjoying food is simpler.

If you're truly committed to the training you're doing, this is my pin schedule. Also, run Reta for about 2-3 months, then pause it.

Sun : Reta (yours would be Tirz) (fat burner)

Mon - Fri (Mornings) : NAD+ / 5-Amino-1MQ (energy boosters)

Mon - Fri (Before Bed) : CJC(no dac) + Ipa / KLOW (recomp & repair)

Sat : No shots

I run like 5-10 miles a day. Yoga 3 times a week. Lift 3 times a week.

I gave MOTSC a try, but it triggers a histamine reaction and I'm not a fan.

I'm also 38yr - 145lb. This stack has let me push my training harder for better recovery. I run ultra marathons.
 
chode174 said:

If your mileage is that high, splitting Tirz into 2 weekly doses shouldn't be necessary. When you're on Tirz and doing heavy cardio, the fat just disappears. To me it feels like my workout counts double while I'm on it. Given how active you are, Tirz's main job is quieting food noise, but protein still has to be high for repair. Definitely keep eating clean and get plenty of water in. With your training volume, dropping weight isn't an issue and Tirz only speeds it up, though 2 pins a week may be overkill. For me, Sat works like a cheat day. That's my no-shot day, when I sort of let my body bounce back from training. It also falls right before my Reta pin, so eating and enjoying food is simpler.

If you're truly committed to the training you're doing, this is my pin schedule. Also, run Reta for about 2-3 months, then pause it.

Sun : Reta (yours would be Tirz) (fat burner)

Mon - Fri (Mornings) : NAD+ / 5-Amino-1MQ (energy boosters)

Mon - Fri (Before Bed) : CJC(no dac) + Ipa / KLOW (recomp & repair)

Sat : No shots

I run like 5-10 miles a day. Yoga 3 times a week. Lift 3 times a week.

I gave MOTSC a try, but it triggers a histamine reaction and I'm not a fan.

I'm also 38yr - 145lb. This stack has let me push my training harder for better recovery. I run ultra marathons.
I'm not keen on going into anaphylactic shock either.

If a training boost is what you're after, try bromantane. A friend of mine here who mountain bikes swears by it. It's been properly studied and tested in humans, unlike MotsC lol.
 
Back
Top